Republic of Texas - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republic of Texas

Yeah, by your logic the Berlin Wall would never have come down. Just because you have not seen major political change don't believe it can't happen.

Wink Correct me if I'm wrong...and I know you will...

when Texas joined the Union, wasn't there an agreement (in writing -- a contract) with the Federal Government that Texas has the right to secede if and when Texans decide the time was right?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I have heard that but I am no expert on the matter. Perhaps someone can shed a little light on that question.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    when Texas joined the Union, wasn't there an agreement (in writing -- a contract) with the Federal Government that Texas has the right to secede if and when Texans decide the time was right?
    how often has the government honored a written agreement if is was in their interest to ignore it?
    Look at how the American Indians were treated. You think for a minute that would mean anything to them?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    how often has the government honored a written agreement if is was in their interest to ignore it?
    Look at how the American Indians were treated. You think for a minute that would mean anything to them?
    Good point. How often does the government even honor the Constitution any more?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

But this country also no longer has the stomach for a fight - even with Muslim extremists, let alone Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Good point. How often does the government even honor the Constitution any more?
    Constitution? What Constitution?
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    The point is (without the benefit of the US military) you would be easy picking for anyone who decided to invade. Mexico has more of a real military than an independent Texas would ever have.

Secession will not be allowed by the US Government.

I will not start into (or reply to) a debate with kooks who are still arguing the civil war

You sound like patient of mine when he was off his meds!

-Doc
    Personal attacks don't win friends or arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    But this country also no longer has the stomach for a fight - even with Muslim extremists, let alone Texans.
    So sad, but so, so true!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you think the Feds will honor such a contract, does one exist? I would really like to know!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast