Republic of Texas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republic of Texas

Republic of Texas

There's a pretty big sessesion movement in Texas and I was contemplating what it would be like to live in the new Republic of Texas. We're a very pro-gun/conservative state and I suspect our national constitution would include a right to keep and bear arms. I also suspect that we would be Jeffersonian in our international outlook - peaceful commerce with all / dangerous entanglements with none. So I wonder what it would be like to live in a low-taxes/limited gov't services country that is pretty much neutral like Switzerland? I suspect that I could get used to the idea very quickly and live out the remainder of my days in contentment.

For the National Anthem of Texas what about God BlessedTexas by Little Texas?

MySpace Player
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I suspect it will go nowhere.

The only state with a chance at secession is the "State of Delusion"

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    There's a pretty big sessesion movement in Texas and I was contemplating what it would be like to live in the new Republic of Texas. We're a very pro-gun/conservative state and I suspect our national constitution would include a right to keep and bear arms. I also suspect that we would be Jeffersonian in our international outlook - peaceful commerce with all / dangerous entanglements with none. So I wonder what it would be like to live in a low-taxes/limited gov't services country that is pretty much neutral like Switzerland? I suspect that I could get used to the idea very quickly and live out the remainder of my days in contentment.
    Our oldest son lives in Texas. If Texas should secede, DH and I would move there in a heartbeat!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

6. i'm a fellow texan and would love to secede the union, how ever. we are ***** about todays economy what do you think will happen if we did? do you think the world would still trade with texas. do you think the other 49 states would hate us? what about our families in other states what about big business and all the different places of business will those companies still be part of america or just a " out of country branch"? i'd love to but our own republic agian. but we'd have to be ready for hard times

Quote Originally Posted by dustinw8706 View Post
    i'm a fellow texan and would love to secede the union, how ever. we are ***** about todays economy what do you think will happen if we did? do you think the world would still trade with texas. do you think the other 49 states would hate us? what about our families in other states what about big business and all the different places of business will those companies still be part of america or just a " out of country branch"? i'd love to but our own republic agian. but we'd have to be ready for hard times
    Would it surprise you if Mexico invaded? They have an old score to settle.

Lets say seceasstion was allowed(which it won't), Do you think the US Military would leave you all it's resources? NO WAY! The Mexicans living there would help the main Mexican army (and drug army) and you would be SOL.

As always, the crowd pushing this needs to check here first: Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

-Doc

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Would it surprise you if Mexico invaded? They have an old score to settle.

Lets say seceasstion was allowed(which it won't), Do you think the US Military would leave you all it's resources? NO WAY! The Mexicans living there would help the main Mexican army (and drug army) and you would be SOL.

As always, the crowd pushing this needs to check here first: Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

-Doc
    i think you know mexico wouldn't invade why would they want to?? what do they have to gain they already have san antonio practically. Mexico isn't a military threat they are a drug threat. I don't care where you live i've lived in small and large town they all have drugs. And who are you to say that we won't secede??? thats up to texas not you or the federal goverment.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinw8706 View Post
    i think you know mexico wouldn't invade why would they want to?? what do they have to gain they already have san antonio practically. Mexico isn't a military threat they are a drug threat. I don't care where you live i've lived in small and large town they all have drugs. And who are you to say that we won't secede??? thats up to texas not you or the federal goverment.
    The point is (without the benefit of the US military) you would be easy picking for anyone who decided to invade. Mexico has more of a real military than an independent Texas would ever have.

Secession will not be allowed by the US Government.

I will not start into (or reply to) a debate with kooks who are still arguing the civil war

You sound like patient of mine when he was off his meds!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    The point is (without the benefit of the US military) you would be easy picking for anyone who decided to invade. Mexico has more of a real military than an independent Texas would ever have.

Secession will not be allowed by the US Government.

I will not start into (or reply to) a debate with kooks who are still arguing the civil war

You sound like patient of mine when he was off his meds!

-Doc
    Are you a psychiatrist? I have worked with a few of them and most of them that I knew were as crazy as their patients. Buy the way I am sure there were plenty of people before the American revolution that said it could not be done. There are always nay Sayers among the sheeple.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If Texas secedes (or states that it is going to), I will move there in a heartbeat. May be a sh#tstorm as BighouseDoc suggests, but fighting it out beats kneeling down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast