Brady Campaign attacking Starbucks
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign attacking Starbucks

1. Brady Campaign attacking Starbucks

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Open Carry Guns

For those not in the know on goings-ons in California, the Open Carry community has been getting more active. Groups have been meeting in various public establishments. As a result of a Brady Campaign bullying, the Peet's coffee chain publicly announced that it does not allow firearms in it's establishments. However, when the Brady campaign contacted Starbucks, they replied that they respect whatever the laws were in the given state. As a result of this, the Brady Campaign is stepping up it's pressure against Starbucks nationwide.

We all need to let Starbucks know that we appreciate that they respect our rights and our state laws, and to not let the Brady bullies pressure them into changing their position.

Contact Form | Starbucks Coffee Company

Thanks for the heads up on this. I went to the site you referenced and submitted the comment below.

I just read a story about the Brady Campaign trying to bully your company regarding your position on respecting firearm laws in a given state. I have never been a regular customer of any coffee establishment but I am going to change. I truly respect your position and anytime I want of a cup of coffee and near one of your stores I will definitely be one of your customers.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

The final phrase of the Brady Campaign's FAQ page reads:

"...There also is no constitutional barrier to businesses establishing “gun free” policies; indeed, the right to control one’s own property gives businesses the freedom to establish those policies."

This works both ways. A company can certainly establish gun friendly policies if they choose. Thank you Starbucks for choosing wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I went to the site you referenced and submitted the comment below.

I just read a story about the Brady Campaign trying to bully your company regarding your position on respecting firearm laws in a given state. I have never been a regular customer of any coffee establishment but I am going to change. I truly respect your position and anytime I want of a cup of coffee and near one of your stores I will definitely be one of your customers.

I left this comment on Starbucks site:
    Thank you for choosing wisely and allowing us, the citizens of the USA, to be proactive for our own defense, for allowing us to exercise our legal 2A rights in your establishments.

I have not gone to Starbucks a lot but may start going more and I think I will contact the Brady Bunch and thank them for a heads up.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I like Starbucks and appreciate their corporate policy that respects our 2A rights. I've actually held firearms education classes at a couple of locations. They've always been very helpful and accommodating to our needs. One of the assistant managers asked if he could sit in our next class on his day off. I comp'd him no problem!

Kudos to Starbucks. Hope they don't cave under the pressure of the Brady Bunch!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I agree, I've never frequented Starbucks before, but I will stop there now.

I for one will spread the word to friends and family about this and will promote them to acquaintances on other forums.

9. Way to go Starbucks. I will be stopping in every chance I get to say thanks and get my coffee.

I just might patronize Starbucks. Even though I have to travel over an hour to the nearest one.

Email sent. Thank you for posting!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast