Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S... - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S...

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Very tired of the frothy mouthed wild eyed President Reagan hating rhetoric. I remember very well the condition of the country prior to his presidency-and he was very much a president. I remember kennedy, and his clan, and his betrayals/etc. I was in the Marines from 67-76 and remember when open carry laws were changed. I boarded a plane in Atlanta, handed my carry to the folks, and had the pilot return it to me in Charlotte, NC. I remember well the multiple times I heard scumbags say "I am hijacking this plane to Cuba". I remember when kennedy was killed by a rifle that could be bought at a clothing store for $40. There was a reason behind the laws. Admittedly there was over reaction at times-as always there is that "knee jerk" response guided by some.
    Back to the Reagan presidency years-- when he came in the interest rates were 18+% and about the same for inflation and unemployment. Also there was a loss of the sense of dignity, pride, and morality that he restored. When he left the rates on all three were 7-9%. Reagan was an avid hunter with a nice collection of shooters.
    Now I have sat here and read all but two pages of some bashing President Ronald Reagan because he did not want militant violent black panthers intimidating people. I remember when they marched in formation under arms down the streets. That stopped. I remember when you could buy a surplus rifle across the counter like so much candy and vent your feelings from a window and never even have been checked to see if you are crazy as a loon, guilty of any number of violent crimes, or even an alien. There are reasons for some checks.
    I do not support Brady Bill in either form nor their ambitions-it is outrageously unconstitutional and bordering on senselessness. Sorry that Sarah Brady "lost" her husband but she and her crowd of gun hating folks seem to forget that 80 million people did not harm anyone with their guns yesterday and that guns do not just jump up off the table and go to shooting people at random. It is the people that pull the trigger--not the guns that we bear. Cain slew Abel not with an AK-47 but with a stone. It is the person-not the firearm that is the danger.
    The second is there to make sure the rest are protected-without it the others mean nothing. Thomas Jefferson's words about the blood of patriots and tyrants having to be shed occasionally showed he knew the power elitists would have to be kept in check by force of arms.
    Will finish with this--There has not been a president in my lifetime that I respect and admire more than Ronald Reagan. IMO, he embodied the spirit of early Americans, of Teddy Roosevelt, and of freedom loving people of this land. He was called the great communicator and I call him a great American. We surely could use some common sense, moral, American loving type leadership again.
    I served in the USAF under Presidents from Eisenhower up to Ronald Reagan (I retired from active duty in 1983). Of all those I served under I respected RR more than I did the rest. Bohenian is a patriot only if everything is to his liking. If I was still in uniform I'd probably join Lt. Col. Larkin in his fight to get our illegal alien imposter-in-Chief to produce a real birth certificate to verify his eligibility to hold the Office that ACORN and George Soros paid imposters illegally gave him...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Seem mighty odd that when he was running for the Senate the papers stated---Kenyan born Obamma running for office. Now he is a Hawaiian all of a sudden. Wonder who is lying---Hmmmm???????????

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    WTF ever buddy. What we have now is looking good to you or what? If Regan sucked so much then let me ask you this, would you rather have him or Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., or Obama? I was in the Marines when Regan was president and 90% of the people I knew in there loved the guy. Your right, he was not perfect, but he was damn sure a far sight better than the sheet we have had since. I think people now miss the fact that a sitting president actually decreased the size of the Federal Government. I know that is what I miss the most, and the fact that he would actually tell other weiner countries to piss off!
    I too was a Marine under Reagan...

Additionally, I served under Carter to W. Bush...

Not much love for anyone of them to tell you the truth...

AND I contend REAGAN'S TRAMPLING OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT cannot be made up for...

Without the Unabriged Second Amendment we have NOTHING...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    National Park Gun Ban - Ronald Reagan 1983

WASHINGTON, June 15, 1984 -- In a surprise change of position today, the Reagan administration endorsed a ban on the manufacture of cop-killer bullets, sending a White House-authored bill to the Congress, Handgun Control reported today. The administration's bill would ban the manufacture of bullets capable of penetrating the bullet-proof vests worn by nearly half the nation's police. The bill would also require a mandatory jail sentence for using cop-killer bullets in a crime. The Reagan administration previously opposed legislation to ban cop-killer bullets.

Ronald Reagan Grants Amnesty For Millions Of Illegals 1986...

Ronald Reagan Backs Waiting Period to Buy Guns, USA Today, 3/29/91

Clinton Gun Ban - Joint letter from former Presidents Ronald Reagan, Jimmy
    Carter, and Gerald Ford, Assault Weapons Ban Appears to Gain, The
    Boston Globe, 5/5/94

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
    May 05, 1994|WILLIAM J. EATON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
    WASHINGTON — Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
    Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.

Clinton Gun Ban - “As a longtime gun owner and supporter of the right to bear arms, I, too,
    have carefully thought about this issue. I am convinced that the limitations
    imposed in this bill are absolutely necessary. I know there is heavy
    pressure on you to go the other way, but I strongly urge you to join me in
    supporting this bill. It must be passed.”
    Ronald Reagan Letter to former Rep. Scott Klug (R-WI), Klug Bows to Reagan Plea on
    Ban, The Capital Times, 5/6/94

Ronald Reagan strongly supported the three most hated gun-control laws of the past three decades, and may have been personally responsible for getting the AWB passed. This doesn’t square very well with his supposed “staunch support” of the right guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

What do you think of this politician?
    A follow-up to the KABA poll

June 14, 2003

KeepAndBearArms.com -- The politician who is the subject of KABA's most recent poll was former President Ronald Reagan, now in death enjoying near-universal acclaim from gun owners as the best president in our lifetime.

In the midst of all the “conservative” sentimentality being expressed, we mustn’t ignore some uncomfortable facts that anyone who considers himself a Constitutionalist needs to reconcile—especially since the nearly 80% of you who voted based solely on his actions deemed them “traitorous,” and the vast majority of the balance deemed them “misguided.”

Now that you know who we were talking about, how many of you want to take back your vote? Why? Did the nature of his actions suddenly change? Are “gun control” laws tyrannical? Does it matter who it is who imposes them?

The edicts President Reagan endorsed and enacted could very well have resulted in your death—or the deaths of people you love—or the destruction of your life if found in defiance of them, if caught claiming the birthrights supposedly guaranteed by the Constitution he swore an oath to defend.

It’s not like he didn’t know better. “Ronald Reagan: The Gun Owner's Champion,” reveals a man fully aware of the true intent behind the Second Amendment, as well as its applicability in modern times. As a young man, he actually used a gun to rescue a nursing student. He even “began packing a .32 Smith and Wesson pistol, holstering the gun on every morning for months and wearing it until he stepped into bed at night,” in response to a threat. Yet in spite of this, he still imposed “gun control” on America.

The KABA poll presented six “gun control” examples. Here are our sources:
    Items 1, 2 and 4:

“Reagan last week declared his support for a bill requiring a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases. He did so at a George Washington University ceremony marking the 10th anniversary of the shooting that almost killed him and permanently disabled his press secretary, James S. Brady.

“It is called the Brady Bill, and Reagan said Congress should enact it without delay. ‘It's just plain common sense that there be a waiting period to allow local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun,’ the former president said.’”

Item 3 and 5:

“It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.’ The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

“Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. ‘I support the Brady Bill,’ he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, ‘and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay.’"

Item 6:

“All those magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds will be legal to manufacture again. It will once again be legal to import the group of shotguns administratively banned by Ronald Reagan and the group of semi-automatic rifles similarly banned by the first President Bush. (Both of these executive bans were codified in the 1994 law.)”

Since the KABA poll was released, additional information has resurfaced concerning President Reagan’s support for the 1994 “assault weapon” ban: “Kenneth J. Cooper & Ann Devroy, Backers of Assault Weapons Ban Make Final Push for Undecided Votes, WASH. POST, May 5, 1994, at A5. Former Presidents Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan announced their support of the ban in a letter.”

Finally, know that gun owners are not alone in mourning the passing of President Reagan. A touching memorial tribute can be found here, written by people who professed to love him and call him “friend."
    With this clear evidence of Mr. Reagan supporting the Brady Bill, a ban on shotguns and semiautos, and a ban on carrying firearms in public, it seems fair to ask:
    Why is NRA republishing their 1983 resolution (issued, incidentally, 16 years after he signed the Mulford Act) where they proclaimed “President Reagan has forcefully stood by his convictions in support of the second amendment right of citizens to keep and bear arms for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense; and…vigorously rejects the myth that gun control is crime control…”?
    And why is the Second Amendment Foundation telling its supporters, “President Reagan knew the value of gun ownership?”

Finally, some apologists are maintaining Reagan’s support for the Brady Bill was the result of his being manipulated in his senility by opportunistic anti-gunners and/or reporters. Some people will do anything to maintain their illusions—or to convince others that the illusions are true. The fact is, Reagan announced his support for the Brady Bill in 1991 and wasn’t diagnosed with Alzheimer’s until three-and-a-half years later—in late 1994. But this is a false argument anyway, as his support for the Mulford Act, which ended the open bearing of loaded arms in public places throughout California, took place a full 27 years earlier. The purpose of the poll and this article are not to denigrate the memory of a man literally revered by millions throughout America and the world. It is merely to establish the undeniable historical record that—in spite of the special place he evidently held in the hearts of gun owners—the man’s actions, as they related to the Second Amendment, did not merit it.

It was not our intention to offend anyone. We realize the options presented in our poll were strongly worded—and that was intentional: only by having gun owners characterize the actions of an anonymous subject could their true assessment be determined.

Others have suggested that now is not the time for this information to come to light. But the deception about Mr. Reagan’s Second Amendment legacy is being perpetuated now—and through outlets that reach millions. Besides, for anyone who is against these facts being presented, there will never be a “right time.” And since when is there a “wrong time” for the reality?

The strongest weapon we have in the fight to reclaim the free exercise of our right to keep and bear arms is the truth. When confronted with painful truth, we have two choices: accept it, or deny it and resent the messenger.

Our struggle is far too serious for us to cede painful fact to comfortable illusion. If denial and emotion-based belief systems prevail, we will not.

Related reading:
    The Brady Campaign, and NBC`s Katie Couric, Try to Re-write History
    Reagan's Assault Weapons Ban Legacy

Go ahead and keep telling me I am all wrong about Gun Ban Ronald Reagan...

WE CAN DO BETTER...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

6. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Ronald Reagan was the best President we've had in modern times. He brought down The Berlin Wall and helped make our country safer at a perilous time in history. Your remarks about him and twisted reference to voting is outrageous. You are a typical Liberal spin artist and can't post truthful info.
    Hey Gov, what drug are you on?? Did you just wake out of a deep sleep??
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I too was a Marine under Reagan...

Additionally, I served under Carter to W. Bush...

Not much love for anyone of them to tell you the truth...

AND I contend REAGAN'S TRAMPLING OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT cannot be made up for...

Without the Unabriged Second Amendment we have NOTHING...
    Keep up the good work Bo. It was Reagan who compared the Taliban to out founding Fathers.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Cratchelow View Post
    I can't stand any of the ********,however since we are on a gun site,let's actually look at Obama's stance on gun control:

Obama Spurns Gun Control - Reason Magazine
    Obama anti-gun?No, anti-gun control - Chicago Tribune
    HOW about we look at his actual record instead of his AND THE LIBERAL BIASED MEDIA rhetoric?
    Gun Ban Barack Obama

Ever hear of the global poverty act of 2007 introduced by one J.R. Senator from Illinois namely Barack Obama Jr. ?
    (Which contains a concession to the U.N. of a GLOBAL GUN BAN...)
    S. 2433:Global Poverty Act of 2007
    S. 2433 [110th]: Global Poverty Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

Fortunately it was shot down...

How about we look at the fact that every sticking one of his nominess thus far have been commited anti-gunners...
    His Vice President WROTE THE CLINTON GUN BAN...

Obama is biding is time till November 2nd, 2010 IF he retains his majority’s in the House & Senate allowing him to shove anything Dirty Harry Reid & Crazy Nancy Pelosi and he (The Three Stooges) wants down our throats; we are done for as a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC ...

At worst case he will hang till after 2012 if he stays in, then we are totally FUBAR...

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

9. I live in Illinois.On a local level,I will vote for only those politicians that will support concealed carry in this backwards state..Democrat,Republican,Libertarian,I don't give a rat's..To be honest,I don't care how they feel about any other issue.They are all crooks.I'll vote in a crook who will allow me to carry my frigging gun in my own state.I have a PA permit and can carry in other states.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you Pal. Just a spoke in the in the curruption wheel.

Cool Ronald Reagan Praise.......

I have read all 10 pages of this thread and it seems like someone should notify the world that Ronald Reagan is dead.....long gone and buried. Everything about him is history. I don't care how well you are able to articulate his shortcomings or praise him for what he did, he is still dead. We have more pressing problems now that make him look great in comparison to our current administration. I served in the military also and under more presidents than I have seen mentioned here. So what? We are facing the danger of losing the sovereignty of our country without anyone firing a shot at us. It is being given away, inch by inch. Last year, Congressman Paul Broun (R.GA), issued a fact sheet stating that our Secretray of State, Hillary Clinton, announced the Obama Administration would be working with the U.N. to pass a new "Small Arms Treaty." This legislation is disguised to help in the fight against, "terrorism," "insurgency" and "international crime syndicates." In actuality it is supposed to be a massive GLOBAL gun control scheme. This could be passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate Then we can kiss our guns goodbye. Even our government is turning against our own states, i.e., the State of Arizona, for trying to enforce OUR laws. Now eleven foreign countries are trying to enter the lawsuit started by Obama and Holder and make more trouble for us against illegal immigration. The scary part of that is that Federal judges (lifetime appointees) can authorize those countries to do so. Rather than argue about what was, it is time for us to try to correct the problems we have now and get back to the real meaning of our Constitution and the Second Amendment in particular. I know that there will probably be some who will say I am peeing in the wind and things like that can't happen. There have been a lot of things happen in the past two years that I would have thought impossible. I'm sorry, but nothing would surprise me anymore. We have received a clarion call to get off our duffs and take our country back. I wonder how many have heard the call and are ready to answer it?

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I live in Illinois.On a local level,I will vote for only those politicians that will support concealed carry in this backwards state..Democrat,Republican,Libertarian,I don't give a rat's..To be honest,I don't care how they feel about any other issue.They are all crooks.I'll vote in a crook who will allow me to carry my frigging gun in my own state.I have a PA permit and can carry in other states.

I feel sorry for you Pal. Just a spoke in the in the curruption wheel.
    FYI... in you did not already know...

Make sure you tell those in your neck of the woods that RINO Mark Kirk(R-IL) is a committed gun-banner running for U.S. Senate in Illinois...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast