Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S... - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S...

Since your talking about the Constitution

I had a friend recertify his position and they asked "Do you swear to defned the United States of America?"

He said he would defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

I thought he was joking until they asked me the same question...
    Had to correct them.

Has the Oath changed?
    Does(did) our President(s) no longer protect and defned the Constitution but only the United States of America?

Would explain some things.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I believe that most politicians including presidents do not follow the constitution because they are more or less controlled by a bureaucratic elite that has for its goals a one world government/new world order.
    +1. I'm currently reading a book entitled Hope of the Wicked, the Master Plan to Rule the World, written by Ted Flynn. I recommend it highly. It is quite an education on how our Constitution and national sovereignty (and the sovereignty of other countries) are being subverted; the increasing power of the U.N.; the real power behind FEMA, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilaterial Commission; the utopian dream of the U.N.; the National Education Association plan to "dumb down" America and why; the role that Planned Parenthood plays; how the Rockefellers and other world renowned individuals are involved in the "Master Plan", etc. I bought my copy at amazon.com
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

4. Well, I still thing Reagan was the greatest President of the modern era. He was not perfect, and he had to deal with Tip Oneil's Congress, so I do not believe he was able to accomplish everything he wanted.

On gun control, WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT and Governor, he consistantly fought gun control. No gun control legislation was passed while he was president. None was even attempted, as it face a sure VETO. Ronal Reagan was a lifetime member of the NRA.

While he was still governor of CA, he said this: "Our nation was built and civilized by men and women who used guns in self-defense and in pursuit of peace. One wonders indeed, if the rising crime rate, isn't due as much as anything to the criminal's instinctive knowledge that the average victim no longer has means of self-protection."

Even after the attempted assasination, his resolve was steadfast against gun control.

So what did he accomplish?
    1. Defeated the Communists. His strategy, "We win, they lose". He was the architect of the end of the cold war. Before Reagan, everyone woke up every day with the knowledge the world could end today. It was a very real possibility. One intellegence analyst summed it up nicely, he said when he entered the field, he was making plans for the end of the world, now he was making plans to find one guy. For those of us who remember the world then, it was a very good time.

2. He bought the country back from the Carter years. He was an inspired and inspiring leader. He inspired the people to believe in American Greatness again. Something we sorely need right now. With the belief we are great, and the added benefit of tax relief, the country's economy rebounded and took off. He brought us back from the brink and energized a generation. He was a GREAT leader.

3. Consistantly worked to limit and reduce the size and invasiveness of the Federal government. This was probably more difficult than stoppping the Soviets, with Tip Oneil as Spender of the House, I mean Speaker.

4. He created a world that feared America, and he used that fear wisely. Terrorist very quickly learned to keep their heads down and their mouths shut. He was not afraid to face the enemies of freedom and civilization, no matter where they were. I am thinking of the Achille Lauro terrorist and Quadaffi (who kept his mouth shut right up intil our current traitor in chief took office)

I could go on, but I shouldn't need to. He was by far and away the greatest President of my lifetime, and probably the last century.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Well, I still thing Reagan was the greatest President of the modern era. He was not perfect, and he had to deal with Tip Oneil's Congress, so I do not believe he was able to accomplish everything he wanted.

On gun control, WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT and Governor, he consistantly fought gun control. No gun control legislation was passed while he was president. None was even attempted, as it face a sure VETO. Ronal Reagan was a lifetime member of the NRA.

While he was still governor of CA, he said this: "Our nation was built and civilized by men and women who used guns in self-defense and in pursuit of peace. One wonders indeed, if the rising crime rate, isn't due as much as anything to the criminal's instinctive knowledge that the average victim no longer has means of self-protection."

Even after the attempted assasination, his resolve was steadfast against gun control.

So what did he accomplish?
    1. Defeated the Communists. His strategy, "We win, they lose". He was the architect of the end of the cold war. Before Reagan, everyone woke up every day with the knowledge the world could end today. It was a very real possibility. One intellegence analyst summed it up nicely, he said when he entered the field, he was making plans for the end of the world, now he was making plans to find one guy. For those of us who remember the world then, it was a very good time.

2. He bought the country back from the Carter years. He was an inspired and inspiring leader. He inspired the people to believe in American Greatness again. Something we sorely need right now. With the belief we are great, and the added benefit of tax relief, the country's economy rebounded and took off. He brought us back from the brink and energized a generation. He was a GREAT leader.

3. Consistantly worked to limit and reduce the size and invasiveness of the Federal government. This was probably more difficult than stoppping the Soviets, with Tip Oneil as Spender of the House, I mean Speaker.

4. He created a world that feared America, and he used that fear wisely. Terrorist very quickly learned to keep their heads down and their mouths shut. He was not afraid to face the enemies of freedom and civilization, no matter where they were. I am thinking of the Achille Lauro terrorist and Quadaffi (who kept his mouth shut right up intil our current traitor in chief took office)

I could go on, but I shouldn't need to. He was by far and away the greatest President of my lifetime, and probably the last century.
    Not trying to start a ruckus...

BUT Seriously, did you even read any of my posts and others in this specific thread?
    Obviously NOT or you would know without a doubt Ronald Reagan was a Gun Banning RINO his entire political career; before, after & during his Presidency & Governorship...

I have already provided irrefutable existing case-law...

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." - Edmund Burke

OR allow it to be repeated...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

6. Mulford Act in 1967 was passed after 30 Black Panthers carrying guns walked into the legislative meeting to "discuss" the amendment, they were charged with disruption of the legislative sessions. I might be convinced to sign it after this happend. And all is did was stop the display of loaded fireams in public. It was later modified into what they have now. It was fairly benign at the time, designed to stop the Black Panthers from intimidating people, and probably would have passed even if he had vetoed it, possibly with much more sweeping powers and regulations. Does anyone have the exact wording of this regulation?

Firearm Owners Protection Act is aptly named. It protects us from many abuses by BAFTE and the not so friendly states. It contains a prohibition on gun registy, and provides safe passage regulations. From Wikipedia
    "The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 addressed the abuses noted in the 1982 Senate Judiciary Subcommittee report. It reopened interstate sales of long guns on a limited basis, allowed ammunition shipments through the U.S. Postal Service (a partial repeal of the Gun Control Act), ended record keeping on ammunition sales, except for armor piercing, permitted travel between states supportive of Second Amendment rights even through those areas less supportive of these rights, and addressed several other issues that had effectively restricted Second Amendment rights."
    While it does create the full auto ban, overall, it does a lot more good than bad.

I have no idea why he supported the Brady Bill, but he was no longer President when he did. And, correct me if I am wrond, all the Brady bill does is madate backround checks to verify you are not a criminal, nutcase or illegal alien? Honestly, even in a fully armed society, I have no problems keeping this class of people disarmed.

What else you got?
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Mulford Act in 1967 was passed after 30 Black Panthers carrying guns walked into the legislative meeting to "discuss" the amendment, they were charged with disruption of the legislative sessions. I might be convinced to sign it after this happend. And all is did was stop the display of loaded fireams in public. It was later modified into what they have now. It was fairly benign at the time, designed to stop the Black Panthers from intimidating people, and probably would have passed even if he had vetoed it, possibly with much more sweeping powers and regulations. Does anyone have the exact wording of this regulation?

Firearm Owners Protection Act is aptly named. It protects us from many abuses by BAFTE and the not so friendly states. It contains a prohibition on gun registy, and provides safe passage regulations. From Wikipedia
    "The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 addressed the abuses noted in the 1982 Senate Judiciary Subcommittee report. It reopened interstate sales of long guns on a limited basis, allowed ammunition shipments through the U.S. Postal Service (a partial repeal of the Gun Control Act), ended record keeping on ammunition sales, except for armor piercing, permitted travel between states supportive of Second Amendment rights even through those areas less supportive of these rights, and addressed several other issues that had effectively restricted Second Amendment rights."
    While it does create the full auto ban, overall, it does a lot more good than bad.

I have no idea why he supported the Brady Bill, but he was no longer President when he did. And, correct me if I am wrond, all the Brady bill does is madate backround checks to verify you are not a criminal, nutcase or illegal alien? Honestly, even in a fully armed society, I have no problems keeping this class of people disarmed.

What else you got?
    Are you fricking daft?

Just what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

In 1986 Ronald Reagan signed the (NRA BACKED) so-called Firearm Owners Protection Act; which contained the first (Federal) de facto Gun Ban By Law-Abiding Private Citizens in U.S. History! AKA: Hughes Amendment - 18 USC 922(o)

Twenty-four years later after the Mulford Act of 1967, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the (NRA BACKED) Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

Ronald Reagan was a Constitution Trampling Anti-Second Amendment Gun Banning RINO as a California Governor & as a sitting & ex-President...

No Amount of good can wash away one single unconstitutional act or endorsement or support thereof...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Why don't you just run for president. And once you get elected in a landslide(because RKBA restoration is the number one priority of all true Americans), fix this all.

I am certain (by everything you have said bashing Reagan) that you will restore a Jeffersonian utopia, abolish all sin and evil, right the worlds wrongs, and will bring balance to the force

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    +1. I'm currently reading a book entitled Hope of the Wicked, the Master Plan to Rule the World, written by Ted Flynn. I recommend it highly. It is quite an education on how our Constitution and national sovereignty (and the sovereignty of other countries) are being subverted; the increasing power of the U.N.; the real power behind FEMA, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilaterial Commission; the utopian dream of the U.N.; the National Education Association plan to "dumb down" America and why; the role that Planned Parenthood plays; how the Rockefellers and other world renowned individuals are involved in the "Master Plan", etc. I bought my copy at amazon.com
    Thanks, I may need to check out that book.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Why don't you just run for president. And once you get elected in a landslide(because RKBA restoration is the number one priority of all true Americans), fix this all.

I am certain (by everything you have said bashing Reagan) that you will restore a Jeffersonian utopia, abolish all sin and evil, right the worlds wrongs, and will bring balance to the force

-Doc
    Good idea I might just vote for him. He would be better than anything we have had in a long while.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

National Park Gun Ban - Ronald Reagan 1983

WASHINGTON, June 15, 1984 -- In a surprise change of position today, the Reagan administration endorsed a ban on the manufacture of cop-killer bullets, sending a White House-authored bill to the Congress, Handgun Control reported today. The administration's bill would ban the manufacture of bullets capable of penetrating the bullet-proof vests worn by nearly half the nation's police. The bill would also require a mandatory jail sentence for using cop-killer bullets in a crime. The Reagan administration previously opposed legislation to ban cop-killer bullets.

Ronald Reagan Grants Amnesty For Millions Of Illegals 1986...

Ronald Reagan Backs Waiting Period to Buy Guns, USA Today, 3/29/91

Clinton Gun Ban - Joint letter from former Presidents Ronald Reagan, Jimmy
    Carter, and Gerald Ford, Assault Weapons Ban Appears to Gain, The
    Boston Globe, 5/5/94

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
    May 05, 1994|WILLIAM J. EATON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
    WASHINGTON — Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
    Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.

Clinton Gun Ban - “As a longtime gun owner and supporter of the right to bear arms, I, too,
    have carefully thought about this issue. I am convinced that the limitations
    imposed in this bill are absolutely necessary. I know there is heavy
    pressure on you to go the other way, but I strongly urge you to join me in
    supporting this bill. It must be passed.”
    Ronald Reagan Letter to former Rep. Scott Klug (R-WI), Klug Bows to Reagan Plea on
    Ban, The Capital Times, 5/6/94

Ronald Reagan strongly supported the three most hated gun-control laws of the past three decades, and may have been personally responsible for getting the AWB passed. This doesn’t square very well with his supposed “staunch support” of the right guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

What do you think of this politician?
    A follow-up to the KABA poll
    June 14, 2003

KeepAndBearArms.com -- The politician who is the subject of KABA's most recent poll was former President Ronald Reagan, now in death enjoying near-universal acclaim from gun owners as the best president in our lifetime.

In the midst of all the “conservative” sentimentality being expressed, we mustn’t ignore some uncomfortable facts that anyone who considers himself a Constitutionalist needs to reconcile—especially since the nearly 80% of you who voted based solely on his actions deemed them “traitorous,” and the vast majority of the balance deemed them “misguided.”

Now that you know who we were talking about, how many of you want to take back your vote? Why? Did the nature of his actions suddenly change? Are “gun control” laws tyrannical? Does it matter who it is who imposes them?

The edicts President Reagan endorsed and enacted could very well have resulted in your death—or the deaths of people you love—or the destruction of your life if found in defiance of them, if caught claiming the birthrights supposedly guaranteed by the Constitution he swore an oath to defend.

It’s not like he didn’t know better. “Ronald Reagan: The Gun Owner's Champion,” reveals a man fully aware of the true intent behind the Second Amendment, as well as its applicability in modern times. As a young man, he actually used a gun to rescue a nursing student. He even “began packing a .32 Smith and Wesson pistol, holstering the gun on every morning for months and wearing it until he stepped into bed at night,” in response to a threat. Yet in spite of this, he still imposed “gun control” on America.

The KABA poll presented six “gun control” examples. Here are our sources:
    Items 1, 2 and 4:

“Reagan last week declared his support for a bill requiring a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases. He did so at a George Washington University ceremony marking the 10th anniversary of the shooting that almost killed him and permanently disabled his press secretary, James S. Brady.

“It is called the Brady Bill, and Reagan said Congress should enact it without delay. ‘It's just plain common sense that there be a waiting period to allow local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun,’ the former president said.’”

Item 3 and 5:

“It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.’ The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

“Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. ‘I support the Brady Bill,’ he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, ‘and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay.’"

Item 6:

“All those magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds will be legal to manufacture again. It will once again be legal to import the group of shotguns administratively banned by Ronald Reagan and the group of semi-automatic rifles similarly banned by the first President Bush. (Both of these executive bans were codified in the 1994 law.)”

Since the KABA poll was released, additional information has resurfaced concerning President Reagan’s support for the 1994 “assault weapon” ban: “Kenneth J. Cooper & Ann Devroy, Backers of Assault Weapons Ban Make Final Push for Undecided Votes, WASH. POST, May 5, 1994, at A5. Former Presidents Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan announced their support of the ban in a letter.”

Finally, know that gun owners are not alone in mourning the passing of President Reagan. A touching memorial tribute can be found here, written by people who professed to love him and call him “friend."
    With this clear evidence of Mr. Reagan supporting the Brady Bill, a ban on shotguns and semiautos, and a ban on carrying firearms in public, it seems fair to ask:
    Why is NRA republishing their 1983 resolution (issued, incidentally, 16 years after he signed the Mulford Act) where they proclaimed “President Reagan has forcefully stood by his convictions in support of the second amendment right of citizens to keep and bear arms for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense; and…vigorously rejects the myth that gun control is crime control…”?
    And why is the Second Amendment Foundation telling its supporters, “President Reagan knew the value of gun ownership?”

Finally, some apologists are maintaining Reagan’s support for the Brady Bill was the result of his being manipulated in his senility by opportunistic anti-gunners and/or reporters. Some people will do anything to maintain their illusions—or to convince others that the illusions are true. The fact is, Reagan announced his support for the Brady Bill in 1991 and wasn’t diagnosed with Alzheimer’s until three-and-a-half years later—in late 1994. But this is a false argument anyway, as his support for the Mulford Act, which ended the open bearing of loaded arms in public places throughout California, took place a full 27 years earlier. The purpose of the poll and this article are not to denigrate the memory of a man literally revered by millions throughout America and the world. It is merely to establish the undeniable historical record that—in spite of the special place he evidently held in the hearts of gun owners—the man’s actions, as they related to the Second Amendment, did not merit it.

It was not our intention to offend anyone. We realize the options presented in our poll were strongly worded—and that was intentional: only by having gun owners characterize the actions of an anonymous subject could their true assessment be determined.

Others have suggested that now is not the time for this information to come to light. But the deception about Mr. Reagan’s Second Amendment legacy is being perpetuated now—and through outlets that reach millions. Besides, for anyone who is against these facts being presented, there will never be a “right time.” And since when is there a “wrong time” for the reality?

The strongest weapon we have in the fight to reclaim the free exercise of our right to keep and bear arms is the truth. When confronted with painful truth, we have two choices: accept it, or deny it and resent the messenger.

Our struggle is far too serious for us to cede painful fact to comfortable illusion. If denial and emotion-based belief systems prevail, we will not.

Related reading:
    The Brady Campaign, and NBC`s Katie Couric, Try to Re-write History
    Reagan's Assault Weapons Ban Legacy

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast