Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S... - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S...

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    339
    Does this mean I have to change my Avatar?

    My Website: Nerd with a .45

  2.   
  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Does this mean I have to change my Avatar?

    Nah...if anyone asks, you just thought he was a great spaghetti-western actor!

  4. Are you freakin' kiddin' me. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Great. I'm reading a gun forum where gun owners are defending members of a government that ignored the Constitution and infringed our rights.

    And somebody had the temerity to assign a restoration of vigor to our nation because of those acts.

    With friends like you I figure my remaining rights are as good as pissed away...

    The OP is right about Ronald Reagan -- and you guys need to quit making excuses for those who allow compromise to dilute the meaning of the Constitution.

    It certainly looks as though my avatar isn't a joke after all.
    +1

    Wow! Someone finally had the balls to speak the truth and look out for the fallout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Nobody in my lifetime...

    None passed the Second Amendment Litmus Test...

    Having served on active duty & deployed under Carter, Reagan, Clinton and both Bush's...

    To paraphrase Barry Goldwater - I was sent to Washington to repeal unconstitutional laws, not create them...

    Without the unabridged Second Amendment, none of the founding documents are worth the paper they were written on...

    The sooner we get back to the Framers Constitution, the better we will be...
    +1
    You can not really be any more on target than this. Hellooooo is anybody out there? Haven't you been listening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    It does not require perfection to follow the Constitution...

    Ron Paul carries a pocket Constitution with him at all times...
    Moreover, in Congress he is known as "Dr. No" by all his Colleagues in Congress, because he, like (Governor Sarah Palin did) routinely goes against his own party; when challenged by either side; he pulls out the Constitution and states please "Show Me" where that activity is authorized by the Constitution...

    "We can be conquered by bombs or by subversion; but we can also be conquered by neglect - by ignoring the Constitution and disregarding the principles of limited government." - Barry Goldwater

    I expect the Politicians whom represent my fellow American Citizens & I to use the Constitution as their guide first & foremost...

    In addition to forgetting about Ronald Reagan's lifetime Constitution Trampling & Anti-Second Amendment Record; I guess you forgot about JFK's collaboration with his brother Bobby Kennedy he appointed as Attorney General, his brother Senator Teddy Kennedy (D-MA) and Senator Thomas Dodd (D-CT) [the father of Ethically Challenged Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT)] whom started what ultimately became the 1968 GCA under LBJ (D-TX) almost as soon as JFK became President...

    "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." - Edmund Burke

    Again, in my view no Politician whom violates the Constitution, past or present can be excused no matter how much good they do...

    Moreover, said Constitution Tramplers need to be remembered for all time for such acts, and not praised because they Trampled the Constitution less than most in recent history...

    That's like saying Hitler was not as bad as Mao because he killed less people...

    A Violation of the Constitution is the single most heinous act a member of one of the three branches of the Government can do; the Second Amendment is the Keystone of all the founding documents; without the Unabridged Second Amendment, nothing else has merit or is enforceable...

    The Trend of Acceptance of Constitutional Infringement is coming to a close; the sheeple are finally reading the founding documents and the writings of the founding fathers and more & more are joining movements such as the T.E.A. Party and saying TAKE BACK THE REPUBLIC!

    As Barry Goldwater said...
    "I am convinced that most Americans now want to reverse the trend. (Of Constitutional Infringements) I think that concern for our vanishing freedoms is genuine. I think that the people"s uneasiness in the stifling omnipresence of government has turned into something approaching alarm. But bemoaning the evil will not drive it back, and accusing fingers will not shrink government."

    WTFU SHEEPLE...

    TAKE BACK THE REPUBLIC...
    +1
    I can not even believe my eyes.

    This is basic.

    Why is it so difficult for people to understand the concept of no compromise. The Constitution is not a living document. Changing at a whim till it is unrecognizable. What is wrong with your brains people. It is written in stone or it is not worth the paper it is written on.

    This is the very life blood of our dear Republic and there are those on this forum, in this very thread who are willing, perhaps even eager to compromise and dilute this most cherished of documents in all of human history till it is only a vague memory, and finally, one day, as we break big rocks into little ones for our masters, it is gone.

    I for one am not about to lose it all because I did not understand that it is about the 2A or nothing.
    'Cause; I will tell you that, if the Constitution of the United States of America is tossed in the dustbin of history, so shall it's people be.

    For us, every compromise is a grievous loss. For them it is just one more step in their efforts at a New World Order. Will somebody please wake these people up. For Gods sake!
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  5. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Bohemian***As a matter of fact my mother did wear combat boots... during WWII.

    ***You are certainly entitled to your opinion, lacking any factual basis whatsoever; not withstanding you ***have no fundamental grasp of the Constitution or the Second Amendment or Case Law...

    err, I seem to have have laid out my factual basis quite well, you just seem to be taking things out of context, and have no flexibility at all. And I probably have as good an understanding of the Constitution and anyone, but I also seem to have a grasp of the way the world works as well. Ideals are wonderful things that we should strive to achieve, however, where the rubber meets the road, pragmatism wins out every time.

    ***The Fact Remains Ronald Reagan is personally responsible for creating NEW Unconstitutional Laws...

    OK, so he did it all by himself? He wrote the laws? Lets go down your list, As governor, he signed a law to restrict the display (NOT ownership) of guns in public as an emergency respons to the Black Panthers (I'm sure they were all just misunderstood, fine young gentlemen) terrorizing people (If you cannot use your rights wisely, you will lose them, one way or another) Consatitutionally, does the Second Amendment 100% apply to the states? It didn't originally, it was added through the 14th amendment, sort of, with the caveat "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" So we have a man who SIGNED, not authored a STATE law that had unfortunate side effects. Do you have the text of the original law???
    Next, you have the law that repeals most of the Gun Control Act of 1968, it didn't do 100% of what you liked, so you are against it.
    then you have a law requiring a background check to verify the people who shouldn't legally have guns don't buy them. Sorry, the Second Amendment does not say thou shalt not run backroud checks, it says 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" It is acceptable, under certains circumstances, to deprive an individual his Constitutional rights, with due process. Such as one who has been convicted by a court of law of a crime, or has been found to be insane.

    ***There is no acceptable justification for violating the constitution...

    Oh, I don't know about that, I can think of many times I would deprive certain people of their Constitutional rights. I don't think the GITMO terrorist deserve Constitutional rights, illegal aliens should just be deported,no trial necessary, etc. Where the rubber meets the road, pragmatism always wins eventually (oryou die).

    ***Ronald Regan remains a Constitution Trampling, Anti-Second Amendment Gun Banner, a granter of ***Amnesty, Tax Hikes and Entitlements just for starters...

    Now we move on to other areas, if you wish to discuss those, we should probably start a new thread so everyone can ignore us easier.

    ***RONALD REAGAN WAS NO CONSERVATIVE...

    Wrong

    ***Leave Ronald Reagan DEAD & BURIED...

    You are the one who brought him up and attacked.

    I understand where you are comming from. I just disagree. When you interact with others, you must sometimes comprimise, otherwise society cannot function.
    Again, with the Conjecture; just because you say it is so, does not make it so...

    Should the government or state ban your guns because your neighbor goes on a shooting spree?
    Is Hitler better then Mao because he killed less people?
    Is Reagan better then FDR, because he infringed the constitution less?

    This is your logic, and you need to take a step back and look at your logical fallacy...

    Facts Are Facts, live in denial if you so desire:
    Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

    Being An Election Year, and recently was Reagan's birthday we are being inundated with Conservative Ronald Reagan Propaganda, I aim to set the record straight; and I have, as have others, yet you choose to ignore what is before you for something more palpable to you...
    Does somebody have to hit you over the head with a globe before you stop believing the world is flat?

    RONALD REAGAN WAS NO CONSERVATIVE AND NO FRIEND OF GUN OWNERS OR THE CONSTITUTION OR THE SECOND AMENDMENT...

    The Second Amendment Protects A Inherent, Fundamental, Unalienable Right We Were All Born With...

    Neither the State nor the Fed nor any other municipality have any Constitutional authority to infringe upon it...

    The 5th Amendment is very clear on the course of action constitutionally acceptable when someone violates another inherent rights...

    Nowhere in the Constitution is the Fed or State given authority to take or restrict the rights of all citizens based on the actions of a select few or a individual...

    First rule of Constitutional Interpretation:
    Your Rights Do Not Come From Government...


    Bill of Rights...
    God-Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

    Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...


    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    How's this for triangulating: I agree with Bohemian, Wolfling, and HK4U.

    I am certainly in the camp where HK resides as I believe in "puppetmasters", no doubt. There are things going on behind the scenes, the surface of which has only been scratched.

    Wolfling is correct, IMO, that fighting within the system means that only incremental gains can be had. I, too, have stated that restoring this country to a Constittuional republic will not happen in our lifetimes. We must stay in the game, all the while knowing that the rules which govern the game will be slow to change and our unabridged rights slow to be restored.

    And, as time goes on, I'm starting to develop Bohemian's focused 2A mindset. It seems to me that given the constant stripping away of our rights and freedom, we had better be FIGHTING for our 2A rights and candidates who support them wholeheartedly. Our 2A RKBA is the foundation upon which all of our other rights rest. We best not lose it.

    Going forward, I will vote for the candidate who unequivocally supports the 2A. Period. At this point, I'm much less concerned about their position is on jobs, healthcare, foreign policy, etc. as long as the 2A is strengthened. I'm slowly becoming a "single issue" voter and that issue is the 2A. It is the bedrock upon which we all stand. Lose it and it's game over.

    (This ongoing argument about R. Reagan serves no useful purpose other than stirring up passion which could be put to better use elsewhere. He did what he did and he's dead and gone. Move forward.)
    Here's where I disagree with you brother...


    1. IF we sit on the couch or in front of the computer, whatever... without a fight... concede we have to accept compromise on the Constitution, and "It's Not Going To Happen All At Once" Or "It's Not Going To Happen In My Lifetime" etc... IT becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy... and we are already beaten...
    2. The ongoing argument and the purpose of this thread is for the RNC & True Conservatives & True Constitutionalists & True Second Amendment Supporters; to take the blinders off and to stop using Ronald Reagan as the "Conservative Litmus Test"; for Republicans (or Conservatives) running for office to stop saying "I am a Ronald Reagan Conservative" or "We Need Somebody Like Ronald Reagan Again"... Or "What Would Reagan Do?"...
    3. I am keeping count and we have lost more then we have gained back; and we are trading one constitutional infringement for another ...

    "IF we do nothing, we can only say we did NOTHING" - George Washington to his men facing an apparent inevitable defeat at the hands of the British...

    The Defeat Never Happened, and it was the first victory for Washington's Army of barefoot, malnourished & frostbit volunteers after years of getting the beat down by the then greatest army the world had ever seen...

    1 day at Independence Hall by 56 Patriots and a 8 Year Revolutionary War to give us the founding documents, the tenets of our framing that we so casually accept incremental erosion of...

    These Gentlemen saw the overthrow of a tyrannical government in their lifetimes...


    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Here's where I disagree with you brother...


    1. IF we sit on the couch or in front of the computer, whatever... without a fight... concede we have to accept compromise on the Constitution, and "It's Not Going To Happen All At Once" Or "It's Not Going To Happen In My Lifetime" etc... IT becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy... and we are already beaten...
    2. The ongoing argument and the purpose of this thread is for the RNC & True Conservatives & True Constitutionalists & True Second Amendment Supporters; to take the blinders off and to stop using Ronald Reagan as the "Conservative Litmus Test"; for Republicans (or Conservatives) running for office to stop saying "I am a Ronald Reagan Conservative" or "We Need Somebody Like Ronald Reagan Again"... Or "What Would Reagan Do?"...
    3. I am keeping count and we have lost more then we have gained back; and we are trading one constitutional infringement for another ...

    "IF we do nothing, we can only say we did NOTHING" - George Washington to his men facing an apparent inevitable defeat at the hands of the British...

    The Defeat Never Happened, and it was the first victory for Washington's Army of barefoot, malnourished & frostbit volunteers after years of getting the beat down by the then greatest army the world had ever seen...

    1 day at Independence Hall by 56 Patriots and a 8 Year Revolutionary War to give us the founding documents, the tenets of our framing that we so casually accept incremental erosion of...

    These Gentlemen saw the overthrow of a tyrannical government in their lifetimes...

    Well, here's the thing, then, Bo, and we've had this discussion before, I believe. What exactly do you propose to do to restore this country to a constitutional republic in the next few years? I'm sorry, man, but I just don't think you are being realistic. I'm with you 100% with where we want to be, but it's the getting there that seems to be problematic. So, how do we get there? Right now, we donate, write, call, and spread the word about good political candidates; we're politically involved. What else do you want to do right now to meet the goal? Do you suggest that we can support and elect enough superpatriots in this election cycle to make this happen? Cause I don't see that happening.

    I withdraw my post to leave the topic of Ronald Reagan. All such discussion is useful. I don't know what I was thinking.

    As for the overthrow of a tyrannical government by the early Patriots, again, I don't believe you're being realistic, Bo. That was then, this is now. We have to consider how things actually are, as opposed as to how they used to be, in making our deliberations. I'm assuming, for example, that the discrepancy in firepower between citizen and gov't is much greater today than 200 years ago, and obviously not to the citizens' advantage. Just one example, as there's materiel, technology, etc.

    So, there ya go, brother. Put it out there like you see it happening. I'm listening.

  8. It may happen this year, It may take 3, 5, 10 years but it is coming. The complex and saturated corruption of our government is not fixable nor is it sustainable. As things get worse, much worse, as they will this year and next, more and more will join the ranks of the disaffected, dissatisfied, disrespected, disparaged, disconnected, disbelievers.

    As the ranks grow, the fear in government will grow and like has happened in governments in such desperate situations in the past, cruel, harsh measures will be taken. There are those who will die. Even supporters of the regime who still think they have a voice. They will be cut down. Then they will come for the hard stuff. Those who are still armed and not impressed.

    When that happens, the excrement will indeed impact on the rotating oscillator in a manner not seen for some time. In that day, we will have our opportunity for a restart. Till then, elections are optional. Mostly a sham. They are all in the same corrupt system. If not infected, newly elected will be disaffected and mostly ineffective.

    Actually, the Bernanke, Geithner, Volker team and others like them will do most of the work for us. Their fiscal policies appear to be designed to bring the house down and it is falling as I write. So hold onto your hats ladies and gentleman. The day we thought would never come, the day our republic falls is fast approaching. Vigilance . . .
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  9. #58
    Now, try this on for size, from John Stossel:

    Government is taking us a long way down the Road to Serfdom. That doesn't just mean that more of us must work for the government. It means that we are changing from independent, self-responsible people into a submissive flock. The welfare state kills the creative spirit.

    F.A. Hayek, an Austrian economist living in Britain, wrote "The Road to Serfdom" in 1944 as a warning that central economic planning would extinguish freedom. The book was a hit. Reader's Digest produced a condensed version that sold 5 million copies.

    Hayek meant that governments can't plan economies without planning people's lives. After all, an economy is just individuals engaging in exchanges. The scientific-sounding language of President Obama's economic planning hides the fact that people must shelve their own plans in favor of government's single plan.

    This shouldn't be controversial. If government relieves us of the responsibility of living by bailing us out, character will atrophy. The welfare state, however good its intentions of creating material equality, can't help but make us dependent. That changes the psychology of society.

    According to the Tax Foundation, 60 percent of the population now gets more in government benefits than it pays in taxes. What does it say about a society in which more than half the people live at the expense of the rest? Worse, the dependent class is growing. The 60 percent will soon be 70 percent.

    The last paragraph is especially poignant. No way do I think the sheep will give up the free grass. So, where does that leave us?

    This strengthens my belief that real change is not gonna happen thru the system. We're too far down the welfare-state path. Your take on this looks increasingly likely, Hardballer, but we're gonna need a "restart" plan. Otherwise, what's to prevent "them" from taking us out one at a time at their leisure?

  10. #59
    "The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods."[H. L. Mencken]


    "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." [H. L. Mencken]


    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Maybe we need National Ovaries as well? Or, how about just National Huevos?
    My wife has those... I'll keep the testicles...

    Joke: How can you tell if your wife is tickleish?
    Give her a testicle..

    Sorry that joke always comes to mind when I hear or read the word testicle.

    I think that's enough with that word for a few...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Reagan on Socialism - Through Socialized Medicine
    By rocknrod in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:07 AM
  2. President Reagan
    By surfcc in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
  3. Palin = Reagan & Thacher
    By Grumpy in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast