Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S... - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Are you fricking daft?

Just what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

In 1986 Ronald Reagan signed the (NRA BACKED) so-called Firearm Owners Protection Act; which contained the first (Federal) de facto Gun Ban By Law-Abiding Private Citizens in U.S. History! AKA: Hughes Amendment - 18 USC 922(o)

Twenty-four years later after the Mulford Act of 1967, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the (NRA BACKED) Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

Ronald Reagan was a Constitution Trampling Anti-Second Amendment Gun Banning RINO as a California Governor & as a sitting & ex-President...

No Amount of good can wash away one single unconstitutional act or endorsement or support thereof..
    I have to say, Bo, that I admire your dedication and energy. For me, I'm thinking that my admiration for Reagan - albeit with new eyes regarding 2A issues - stems from his having accomplished other National and International goals which eclipse those of his predecessors (AND those who've followed him!). I also think that my feelings for him are linked to the absolute paucity of having any other political heroes at all to look up to, so I'm inclined to grasp at the things I can to try to fill that void. I am an admirer of Ronald Reagan and I will probably continue to be for those reasons. I am disappointed, however, in his 2A record. Maybe...given the extreme level of Liberalism/Progressivism we're experiencing lately...it's time to take a more serious look at Ron Paul.

Don't give up on us yet, Bo...you're making progress.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Not bad, Ektarr, not bad. I think you captured it for me, too.

A secure individual... Knows that the responsibility for anything concerning his life remains with himself. And he accepts that responsibility...
    -Harry Browne

And he was a liberal!!!

I agree with JJ and I also agree with Bohemian here... The founding fathers had a very distinct plan and they were aware that we could become our own worst enemies. They tried to warn us I believe. Don't allow any one group to become too powerful as to decide what rights we have and how we go about our daily lives.

We need the change, but revolution?

I fear for my children and their future as any God loving / fearing citizen and parent would do. If need be I would give my life so that any pain and suffering might be assuaged.
    So how do we move the country back to the middle?
    How do we change the perception of people who feel that they as citizens are entitled to something for nothing? How do we get them to accept that they are responsible for something?
    How do we get those people who feel as though the police are all the protection we the citizens need to understand that we as citizens are responsible for our own safety and in no way should they dictate how the rest of us protect ourselves? How do we make them understand that those of us who choose to arm ourselves mean no harm to those who won’t harm us?
    I don't know how to get past these questions.
    Too many people in this country that have long suckled the teat of government rather than being a part of their own survival. Too many people that have fought to redefine the Constitution rather than to understand it and work to uphold it...
    The bill of rights is in their eyes, a guideline perhaps a suggestion, not a cornerstone that is not to be broken apart nor trifled with for fear of toppling the building which sits upon it…

Ideas are most certainly welcome…

Peace…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Again, with the Conjecture; just because you say it is so, does not make it so...
    What part is conjecture?

Should the government or state ban your guns because your neighbor goes on a shooting spree?
    Nope, but maybe it should prevent my neighbor from having a gun.

Is Hitler better then Mao because he killed less people?
    Is Reagan better then FDR, because he infringed the constitution less?
    [/QUOTE]

Apples and Oranges. Nobody is perfect, and even if there were perfect people (aside from the fact they would NEVER get elected) they would still have to survive in the system. That means sometimes you have to give a little to get. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. When the blood is flowing in the streets, you have to stop the bleeding first (this time by restricting guns) or die (and be replaced by someone who will).
    You can argue this all you want, but in our system, you cannot dictate to the masses, you have to convince them.
    BTW, what do you think the results of your armed rebellion are going to be? I will postulate that they will result in a lot of dead patriots, a few dead LEOs and soldiers, and guns being outlawed in the land. You don't think the masses will fall in line after a rebellion?

This is your logic, and you need to take a step back and look at your logical fallacy...

Facts Are Facts, live in denial if you so desire:
    Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
    Do you think you can find another source? I am still waiting for the text of the Mulford Act in 1967. Read your history in context. It is easy to armchair quarteback. The man did a GREAT job.

Being An Election Year, and recently was Reagan's birthday we are being inundated with Conservative Ronald Reagan Propaganda, I aim to set the record straight; and I have, as have others, yet you choose to ignore what is before you for something more palpable to you...
    Does somebody have to hit you over the head with a globe before you stop believing the world is flat?

RONALD REAGAN WAS NO CONSERVATIVE AND NO FRIEND OF GUN OWNERS OR THE CONSTITUTION OR THE SECOND AMENDMENT...
    You forgot to add the \end rant tag. I understand what he did, it would seem much better than you do. You are an extremeist with no patience. It has taken the enemies of liberty over 100 years to get this far, one nibble at a time, with the ocasional bite here and there. You want everything back right away, and you get upset when the rational people tell you the world doesn't work that way. Sorry it's not going to happen overnight. It will take effort, perserverance, persistance, give and take to get it done. Unless you have enough friends willing to lay down their lives for your cause that the military refuses to fight? If so, wouldn't it be easier and cleaner to vote in the people who will vote for the changes you want?

The Second Amendment Protects A Inherent, Fundamental, Unalienable Right We Were All Born With...

Neither the State nor the Fed nor any other municipality have any Constitutional authority to infringe upon it...

The 5th Amendment is very clear on the course of action constitutionally acceptable when someone violates another inherent rights...

Nowhere in the Constitution is the Fed or State given authority to take or restrict the rights of all citizens based on the actions of a select few or a individual...

First rule of Constitutional Interpretation:
    Your Rights Do Not Come From Government...

Bill of Rights...
    God-Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

Define "Right" "inalienable rights" are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" from the Declaration of Independence, not from the Constitution.

Rights are, in fact, privilages leased by the blood, sweat and tears of those willing to fight for them. I say leased because there are always forces ready to take them away at every opportunity. We declare them inalienable with such ease, but how quickly can your life be taken from you? Easy, certainly not inalienable. You must work towards preserving our rights. Eternal Vigilance.

5th Amendment?? What??? Sorry I don't get the reference:
    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation"

As far as the Constitution is concerned, except for a few specific things incorporated by the 14th Amendment, the States can do pretty much as they please. This is fundemental to the principles of our Government, one of the thing Reagan fought to preserve, and the reason behind the 10th Amendment resolutions making their way through the State's legislatures.

As for the "Rights" not comming from the government, you are correct, sort of, and I am sure not in the way you mean. The government is supposed to work to defent the "Rights" leased by those who have fought and died to give them to us. We are supposed to make sure the government does its job. WE THE PEOPLE are the ones who have failed to do our jobs. We are the ones who have allowed the lawyer-politicians to take over our lives.

I really do admire you. I admire the purity of your feelings and intent. I really wish I could be like you. Unfortunately, you will have no success.

In the long run, there is really only 1 way to ensure the survival of the Republic. Change the voter base. Right now, 60% of the people receive more from the government than they pay in. They have learned they can vote themselves whatever they want and have someone else (the rich) pay for it. As long as this exists, we are doomed. The 2nd Amendment won't keep them from comming for us, it only makes it expensive. Believe me, as soon as someone in power decides they can afford it, they will come for us.
    You want long term change, you have to change the ideology of the children. This is why I say the school boards are the most important positions we need to take. The other requirement is to restrict the voter base to those that will not vote to support those that do not produce at the expense of those that do. I personally like the idea of no one who gets a paycheck from the government gets to vote.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Slick-Willie Clinton Assault Weapons Ban 1994-2004...

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
    May 05, 1994|WILLIAM J. EATON, TIMES STAFF WRITER

WASHINGTON — Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.

Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
    Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban - Los Angeles Times

THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

Fundamental First Rule Of Constitutional Interpretation (and the rest of the founding documents):

Bill of Rights...
    God Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without the Unabridged Second Amendment which protects a pre-existing right we were born with; the right to life, liberty, etc., also delineated in the Declaration of Independence, we are nothing more then slaves to the whims of a tyrannical government...

IF we concede that we cannot change anything in our lifetime, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy...

I am a Marine, and Defeatism is not in my DNA...

The sooner, the 80 million & counting firearm owners of 270 million & counting firearms in this country realize we are not the minority demographic, the sooner we can effect CHANGE WE THE PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE IN...

What do you think of this politician?

(Ronald Reagan's Lifetime of Second Amendment Sell-Outs)

A follow-up to the KABA poll
    June 14, 2003

KeepAndBearArms.com -- The politician who is the subject of KABA's most recent poll was former President Ronald Reagan, now in death enjoying near-universal acclaim from gun owners as the best president in our lifetime.
    In the midst of all the “conservative” sentimentality being expressed, we mustn’t ignore some uncomfortable facts that anyone who considers himself a Constitutionalist needs to reconcile—especially since the nearly 80% of you who voted based solely on his actions deemed them “traitorous,” and the vast majority of the balance deemed them “misguided.”
    Now that you know who we were talking about, how many of you want to take back your vote? Why? Did the nature of his actions suddenly change? Are “gun control” laws tyrannical? Does it matter who it is who imposes them?
    The edicts President Reagan endorsed and enacted could very well have resulted in your death—or the deaths of people you love—or the destruction of your life if found in defiance of them, if caught claiming the birthrights supposedly guaranteed by the Constitution he swore an oath to defend.
    It’s not like he didn’t know better. “Ronald Reagan: The Gun Owner's Champion,” reveals a man fully aware of the true intent behind the Second Amendment, as well as its applicability in modern times. As a young man, he actually used a gun to rescue a nursing student. He even “began packing a .32 Smith and Wesson pistol, holstering the gun on every morning for months and wearing it until he stepped into bed at night,” in response to a threat. Yet in spite of this, he still imposed “gun control” on America.
    The KABA poll presented six “gun control” examples. Here are our sources:
    Items 1, 2 and 4:

“Reagan last week declared his support for a bill requiring a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases. He did so at a George Washington University ceremony marking the 10th anniversary of the shooting that almost killed him and permanently disabled his press secretary, James S. Brady.

“It is called the Brady Bill, and Reagan said Congress should enact it without delay. ‘It's just plain common sense that there be a waiting period to allow local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun,’ the former president said.’”

Item 3 and 5:

“It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.’ The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.
    “Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. ‘I support the Brady Bill,’ he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, ‘and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay.’"

Item 6:

“All those magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds will be legal to manufacture again. It will once again be legal to import the group of shotguns administratively banned by Ronald Reagan and the group of semi-automatic rifles similarly banned by the first President Bush. (Both of these executive bans were codified in the 1994 law.)”
    Since the KABA poll was released, additional information has resurfaced concerning President Reagan’s support for the 1994 “assault weapon” ban: “Kenneth J. Cooper & Ann Devroy, Backers of Assault Weapons Ban Make Final Push for Undecided Votes, WASH. POST, May 5, 1994, at A5. Former Presidents Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan announced their support of the ban in a letter.”
    Finally, know that gun owners are not alone in mourning the passing of President Reagan. A touching memorial tribute can be found here, written by people who professed to love him and call him “friend."
    With this clear evidence of Mr. Reagan supporting the Brady Bill, a ban on shotguns and semiautos, and a ban on carrying firearms in public, it seems fair to ask:
    Why is NRA republishing their 1983 resolution (issued, incidentally, 16 years after he signed the Mulford Act) where they proclaimed “President Reagan has forcefully stood by his convictions in support of the second amendment right of citizens to keep and bear arms for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense; and…vigorously rejects the myth that gun control is crime control…”?
    And why is the Second Amendment Foundation telling its supporters, “President Reagan knew the value of gun ownership?”
    Finally, some apologists are maintaining Reagan’s support for the Brady Bill was the result of his being manipulated in his senility by opportunistic anti-gunners and/or reporters. Some people will do anything to maintain their illusions—or to convince others that the illusions are true. The fact is, Reagan announced his support for the Brady Bill in 1991 and wasn’t diagnosed with Alzheimer’s until three-and-a-half years later—in late 1994. But this is a false argument anyway, as his support for the Mulford Act, which ended the open bearing of loaded arms in public places throughout California, took place a full 27 years earlier. The purpose of the poll and this article are not to denigrate the memory of a man literally revered by millions throughout America and the world. It is merely to establish the undeniable historical record that—in spite of the special place he evidently held in the hearts of gun owners—the man’s actions, as they related to the Second Amendment, did not merit it.

It was not our intention to offend anyone. We realize the options presented in our poll were strongly worded—and that was intentional: only by having gun owners characterize the actions of an anonymous subject could their true assessment be determined.

Others have suggested that now is not the time for this information to come to light. But the deception about Mr. Reagan’s Second Amendment legacy is being perpetuated now—and through outlets that reach millions. Besides, for anyone who is against these facts being presented, there will never be a “right time.” And since when is there a “wrong time” for the reality?

The strongest weapon we have in the fight to reclaim the free exercise of our right to keep and bear arms is the truth. When confronted with painful truth, we have two choices: accept it, or deny it and resent the messenger.

Our struggle is far too serious for us to cede painful fact to comfortable illusion. If denial and emotion-based belief systems prevail, we will not.

Related reading:
    The Brady Campaign, and NBC`s Katie Couric, Try to Re-write History
    Reagan's Assault Weapons Ban Legacy

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Slick-Willie Clinton Assault Weapons Ban 1994-2004...

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
    May 05, 1994|WILLIAM J. EATON, TIMES STAFF WRITER

WASHINGTON — Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.

Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
    Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban - Los Angeles Times

THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

Fundamental First Rule Of Constitutional Interpretation (and the rest of the founding documents):

Bill of Rights...
    God Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without the Unabridged Second Amendment which protects a pre-existing right we were born with; the right to life, liberty, etc., also delineated in the Declaration of Independence, we are nothing more then slaves to the whims of a tyrannical government...

IF we concede that we cannot change anything in our lifetime, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy...

I am a Marine, and Defeatism is not in my DNA...

The sooner, the 80 million & counting firearm owners of 270 million & counting firearms in this country realize we are not the minority demographic, the sooner we can effect CHANGE WE THE PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE IN...

What do you think of this politician?

(Ronald Reagan's Lifetime of Second Amendment Sell-Outs)

A follow-up to the KABA poll
    June 14, 2003

KeepAndBearArms.com -- The politician who is the subject of KABA's most recent poll was former President Ronald Reagan, now in death enjoying near-universal acclaim from gun owners as the best president in our lifetime.
    In the midst of all the “conservative” sentimentality being expressed, we mustn’t ignore some uncomfortable facts that anyone who considers himself a Constitutionalist needs to reconcile—especially since the nearly 80% of you who voted based solely on his actions deemed them “traitorous,” and the vast majority of the balance deemed them “misguided.”
    Now that you know who we were talking about, how many of you want to take back your vote? Why? Did the nature of his actions suddenly change? Are “gun control” laws tyrannical? Does it matter who it is who imposes them?
    The edicts President Reagan endorsed and enacted could very well have resulted in your death—or the deaths of people you love—or the destruction of your life if found in defiance of them, if caught claiming the birthrights supposedly guaranteed by the Constitution he swore an oath to defend.
    It’s not like he didn’t know better. “Ronald Reagan: The Gun Owner's Champion,” reveals a man fully aware of the true intent behind the Second Amendment, as well as its applicability in modern times. As a young man, he actually used a gun to rescue a nursing student. He even “began packing a .32 Smith and Wesson pistol, holstering the gun on every morning for months and wearing it until he stepped into bed at night,” in response to a threat. Yet in spite of this, he still imposed “gun control” on America.
    The KABA poll presented six “gun control” examples. Here are our sources:
    Items 1, 2 and 4:

“Reagan last week declared his support for a bill requiring a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases. He did so at a George Washington University ceremony marking the 10th anniversary of the shooting that almost killed him and permanently disabled his press secretary, James S. Brady.

“It is called the Brady Bill, and Reagan said Congress should enact it without delay. ‘It's just plain common sense that there be a waiting period to allow local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun,’ the former president said.’”

Item 3 and 5:

“It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.’ The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.
    “Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. ‘I support the Brady Bill,’ he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, ‘and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay.’"

Item 6:

“All those magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds will be legal to manufacture again. It will once again be legal to import the group of shotguns administratively banned by Ronald Reagan and the group of semi-automatic rifles similarly banned by the first President Bush. (Both of these executive bans were codified in the 1994 law.)”
    Since the KABA poll was released, additional information has resurfaced concerning President Reagan’s support for the 1994 “assault weapon” ban: “Kenneth J. Cooper & Ann Devroy, Backers of Assault Weapons Ban Make Final Push for Undecided Votes, WASH. POST, May 5, 1994, at A5. Former Presidents Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan announced their support of the ban in a letter.”
    Finally, know that gun owners are not alone in mourning the passing of President Reagan. A touching memorial tribute can be found here, written by people who professed to love him and call him “friend."
    With this clear evidence of Mr. Reagan supporting the Brady Bill, a ban on shotguns and semiautos, and a ban on carrying firearms in public, it seems fair to ask:
    Why is NRA republishing their 1983 resolution (issued, incidentally, 16 years after he signed the Mulford Act) where they proclaimed “President Reagan has forcefully stood by his convictions in support of the second amendment right of citizens to keep and bear arms for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense; and…vigorously rejects the myth that gun control is crime control…”?
    And why is the Second Amendment Foundation telling its supporters, “President Reagan knew the value of gun ownership?”
    Finally, some apologists are maintaining Reagan’s support for the Brady Bill was the result of his being manipulated in his senility by opportunistic anti-gunners and/or reporters. Some people will do anything to maintain their illusions—or to convince others that the illusions are true. The fact is, Reagan announced his support for the Brady Bill in 1991 and wasn’t diagnosed with Alzheimer’s until three-and-a-half years later—in late 1994. But this is a false argument anyway, as his support for the Mulford Act, which ended the open bearing of loaded arms in public places throughout California, took place a full 27 years earlier. The purpose of the poll and this article are not to denigrate the memory of a man literally revered by millions throughout America and the world. It is merely to establish the undeniable historical record that—in spite of the special place he evidently held in the hearts of gun owners—the man’s actions, as they related to the Second Amendment, did not merit it.

It was not our intention to offend anyone. We realize the options presented in our poll were strongly worded—and that was intentional: only by having gun owners characterize the actions of an anonymous subject could their true assessment be determined.

Others have suggested that now is not the time for this information to come to light. But the deception about Mr. Reagan’s Second Amendment legacy is being perpetuated now—and through outlets that reach millions. Besides, for anyone who is against these facts being presented, there will never be a “right time.” And since when is there a “wrong time” for the reality?

The strongest weapon we have in the fight to reclaim the free exercise of our right to keep and bear arms is the truth. When confronted with painful truth, we have two choices: accept it, or deny it and resent the messenger.

Our struggle is far too serious for us to cede painful fact to comfortable illusion. If denial and emotion-based belief systems prevail, we will not.

Related reading:
    The Brady Campaign, and NBC`s Katie Couric, Try to Re-write History
    Reagan's Assault Weapons Ban Legacy
    Two things I like about your posts

1. admonishment... A reminder that knowledge is key...
    admonishment - definition of admonishment by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

2. Reprove... Having opinions and voicing them are part of our basic rights. Doing so with conviction and reason for rebuke...Priceless...
    reprove - definition of reprove by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Thank you and Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

A few observations:
    1. All the Republican presidents I have known would have been better with a Republican congress.
    2. All of the Democratic presidents wouldn't have been as bad with a Republican congress - Clinton is a good example - much better after the Republicans took over congress.
    3. All of the Democratic presidents would have been disastrous with a veto-proof majority - Barry is proof of that.
    4. Neither party understands personal liberty, limited government or inalienable rights.
    5. Both parties have us on the road to Hell - but the Democrats use the diamond lane.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I believe in "puppetmasters", no doubt. There are things going on behind the scenes, the surface of which has only been scratched.

fighting within the system means that only incremental gains can be had.

we had better be FIGHTING for our 2A rights and candidates who support them wholeheartedly. Our 2A RKBA is the foundation upon which all of our other rights rest. We best not lose it.

Going forward, I will vote for the candidate who unequivocally supports the 2A. Period. At this point, I'm much less concerned about their position is on jobs, healthcare, foreign policy, etc. as long as the 2A is strengthened. I'm slowly becoming a "single issue" voter and that issue is the 2A. It is the bedrock upon which we all stand. Lose it and it's game over.

(This ongoing argument about R. Reagan serves no useful purpose other than stirring up passion which could be put to better use elsewhere. He did what he did and he's dead and gone. Move forward.)
    Great post. I am a single issue voter. 2A or no vote. Period. Although I am patriotic about voting, I have come to the sad conclusion that working within the system is impossible because; as has been stated earlier in this post, there is no government. Just a corporation which we serve. We have become slaves and the "system" is gone. We are given pablum to keep us pacified and no more.

The only way this changes is a do over. A restart. Fire everyone. Cancel all obligations, contracts or treaties. Start over. Start fresh.

New rules. No lawyers may ever be elected to office. No one making over $250,000.00 may be elected to office. If you can afford to serve without a salary, do it. If not match whatever last years tax return says. No pork, ever. No lobbyists, ever. No entitlements, ever. No welfare, ever. Welfare should be private sector. Period.

No corporation or group may ever donate to any political campaign. Only individuals. And then only up to $50,000.

All political advertisements must be on equal time basis. Sure you can spend as much as you like but your opponent will get equal time. Period.

Did I mention no lawyers, ever?

Short term limits strictly imposed on Congress, Senate, POTUS and SCOTUS. Period.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    ...and your mama wears combat boots...
    I wore combat boots and they gave me shin splints! Ranks a rot!

Zero Tolerance Policy For Constitutional Infringements...

First & Foremost WE THE PEOPLE need to relearn what Conservative actually means, and not what it has been perverted to mean...

The first Fundamental rule of Constitutional interpretation is your Rights do not come from Government...
    Any politician or individual that tells you they do, is no Conservative and deserves your scorn...

You have no right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness or anything else for that matter without the Unabridged Second Amendment...
    Otherwise all you have is arbitrary, conditional privileges from a tyrannical government...

Folks WE THE PEOPLE need to WTFU & be very clear in our communications with the Politicians that do & would represent us; as well as our friends, family and fellow true Supporters of the Constitution & Second Amendment; that WE THE PEOPLE Have A Zero Tolerance Policy For Constitutional Infringements...

AND will no longer accept it as the status quo, that WE THE PEOPLE are powerless to deter...

We are being defeated & enslaved by our own neglect of our Constitution & Founding Documents, Tenets & Principals...

The time for closet Conservatism is OVER!
    The time to not discuss Religion & Politics is OVER!

STEP UP!

The Discussion of the Constitution & the founding documents and their meaning and what we need to do to take back the Republic is the most important conversation any of us can have, bar none...
    We must not only have this conversation frequently with the media, and those Politicians that do & seek to represent us; we must do the same with everybody we come in contact with like minded or not...

Moreover, that Hypocritical, Gun Banning RINO Ronald Reagan is not the Conservative Litmus Test...
    FrontPage Magazine - Don't Blame Liberals for Gun Control

Kenneth J. Cooper & Ann Devroy, Backers of Assault Weapons Ban Make Final Push for Undecided Votes, WASH. POST, May 5, 1994, at A5. Former Presidents Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan announced their support of the ban in a letter. Former President George Bush did not include his signature on the letter. President Bill Clinton, together with Vice President Al Gore and Attorney General Janet Reno, made progress for the ban by lobbying individual lawmakers. Supporters needed about two-thirds of the 21 undecided votes to pass the ban:
    Seton Hall Legislative Journal

“All those magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds will be legal to manufacture again. It will once again be legal to import the group of shotguns administratively banned by Ronald Reagan and the group of semi-automatic rifles similarly banned by the first President Bush. (Both of these executive bans were codified in the 1994 law.)”:
    Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - Homepage

Open Carry Bans, Shotgun Bans, So-Called Assault Weapons Bans, Semi-Auto Bans, High Capacity Magazine Bans, Handgun Bans, Ammunition Bans, Brady Bill(s) ad nauseam...
    Gun Banning RINO Ronald Reagan's lifetime of Second Amendment Infringement alone should give him nothing but contempt & disgust from those that truly support the Constitution, the Second Amendment & the founding documents and have read them and can comprehend them...

Don't even get me started on his tax increases, unfunded health care mandates to the states, elimination of ability to buy health insurance across state lines, amnesty for millions of illegal aliens, entitlements such as medicare, medicaid, social security for illegal aliens...
    Trillions of Unfunded Entitlement Liabilities...
    U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

A lot of people like to cite that Ronald Reagan built up our military that was cannibalized under Jimmy Carter; that is a fair statement, but not one dime before October 23,1983 in Beirut a day when I almost died and some 241 of my fellow Marines did...
    Not withstanding, we were fricking bombed April 8th, 1983 some 6 months earlier also in Beirut, both attacks were carried out by the group known then as "Islamic Jihad", now known as Hezbollah...

This is the same thing that happened with "W", Slick-Willie cannibalized & downsized the military for 8 years; and "W" did nothing about restoring it until 09/01/2001...

Sure Ronald Reagan got Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall, after according to Mikhail Gorbachev's biography "Ronald Reagan Bankrupted The Former Soviet Union" and failed to mention that with 10,000 Missiles pointed at the Soviet Union Ronald Reaqan made that infamous speech...

Exactly where in the Constitution is any branch of the Government authorized to make such demands on foreign Governments, that have not attacked us, nor Congress Declared War On?
    NOWHERE.

Sending billions to starving 3rd world countries when the money could be spent feeding our own starving & homeless...

How about the "Afghanistan-Russia War 1979-1989", same unconstitutional b.s.; Ronald Reagan & Congress pumped billions in troops, equipment into supporting & training and aiding a 3rd world country to fight the Russians; while most Americans were oblivious to the fact and that like Beirut, et.al. we had no business being there to begin with...
    Came back to bite us in the butt with a vengeance on 91101, when Osama Bin Laden & other members of Al Qaeda "We Trained During The
    Afghanistan-Russia War" have used that training to inflict no small amount of pain, suffering on the same American Citizens whom put Ronald Reagan on a fricking Pedestal and use him for the Conservative Litmus test...

Ronald Reagan - Conservative? NOT, Moderate-Progressive Imperialist? YES...

Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

YouTube - Oath Keepers Declaration of Orders We Will NOT Obey

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast