All this bravado about the 2A

Thread: All this bravado about the 2A

All this bravado about the 2A

All this bravado about the 2A. So if we keep that and lose everything else you guys are ok with that? The fact that we haven't invoked the 2A and marched on Washington armed already says that we probably never will. They can let us keep our guns and still tax us into poverty, stop us indiscriminately (DUI checkpoints), tell us we can't speak (hate crime legislation, "campaign finance reform" and threatening to take away tax exemption for churches), search us without sworn affidavits (anonymous phone tips), take our property for non-public use, entrap us and kill us (Randy Weaver, Branch Davidians) and soon tell us that we must buy health insurance, etc. etc. All the while they get rich on bribes from corporations and feather their retirement nests. Meanwhile, our guns lie silent as a testimony to our cowardice in the face of a tyrannical government. At what point would we actually use them?

To be fair, this IS a gun-related forum, so it's not unusual to talk about the 2nd Amendment most of the time. But there are other methods of fighting against this corruption BEFORE we turn to the guns. That should be the last resort. And I'll admit that it's getting to that point right now.

BUT - there is still a chance we can turn this around, and recent events are indicative of that. The election in Mass. (as well as the previous local elections in NJ and Virginia), the backing down of Obama, Pelosi and Reid - all of a sudden the health care issue isn't on the fast track, and the Republican side has been revealed. Several Dems have retired or quit, and a lot of them are getting the hint that they might not have a job in November.

I think we still have to resort to civil disobedience - the churches have to start speaking out and provoking the IRS to stop them - if all of them did that, this threat about tax exemption would stop. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and good ol' Jeremiah Wright can do it, so what's stopping the rest of our churches?

The Tea Party movement is gaining speed and strength. They are unifying and gaining power. I don't think this is the time for a 3rd party, but we can take the Republican party back if we keep up this momentum. Elect more independents and libertarians. Get some new blood into the system.

Things are happening. I don't want to start shooting until all my other options are gone. I'm ready if that happens. And I think that most of us are. But even soldiers don't want to die in battle. At what point would we use our guns? All I can say is, "When there are no options left."
    -= Piece Corps =-

Oh, and I forgot about all the infringements on the 2A we have already suffered - virtual full-auto ban, virtual suppressor ban, outright bans on carry or at least infringement of same, semi-auto and large cap mag bans (repealed nationally but still in effect in some states - still to come in others). We don't even rise up when they come for the guns. They're sneaky - they grandfather the current owners so we figure "I got mine". So again what's it gonna take? I think Americans have become fat, lazy and spineless.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    ~ I think Americans have become fat, lazy and spineless.~~
    I really can not argue with that. We HAVE!
    Semper Fi

Go ahead and start your revolution! You want it, stop berating others while you sit there safe at home. Get out and lead it!

I'll read about it in the news.

Sounds like this will be a rerun of those folks who started their own nation in Montana

This time I suspect, there will be one drone launched Hellfire, and the whole brains (or lack thereof) of your rebellion will be taken out in one stroke.

Historically, armed rebellion only succeeds when there is a vacuum in power. There is none right now!

-Doc

My point is that this rebellion utilizing the 2A will never happen. It is a pipe dream.

It seems that the 2A is a main focal point because without it we have no real means to protect our other rights, which are
    indeed dwindling fast under this administration and Congress. We're witnessing the perfect storm of liberalism/elitism/progressivism, etc that has come into power at the same time and they are utilizing their power to further their agenda; at
    our expense. When will enough be enough? I don't doubt that there are ample number of American patriots armed to the teeth who will, at some point, come to the aid of our beloved country. What the tipping point wil be I really can't say, there
    are so many possibilities. For sure the constant erosion of our rights and added taxes coupled with high unemployment and
    a dwindling of our standard of living as a result of loss of manufacturing and good paying jobs is fueling the fires of discontent. I'm afraid that the flash point is not going to be until we're economically hammered by high inflation, higher taxes and the collapse of the dollar takes place, which may not be for another 2-3 years; but all will continue slowly as I
    believe it is planned. Once people are broke and desperate, many will be turning to the government to "save" them when in
    reality they will just be handing over the last of their rights and self sufficiency. When 51% of the people are either on some type of entitlement program or employed by the government they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.
    That's when the other 49% has to fall in line or take a stand. Of that 49% probably only 25% will be willing to take up arms
    against our own government.
    To my way of thinking this has all been orchestrated to this point for the last 30-40 years and we are seeing the culmination of this plan. Some people laugh at such a "conspiracy" theory, but just look at the reality of the situation. Does
    any serious examination of what is now happening reveal that this is all just happening out of the clear blue sky, just an alignment of the stars against the US? We are not alone in all of this folks! The same thing is happening all over Europe and most of our hemisphere, but not all of it; at least not yet. We're all in trouble! We're almost to the point of being controlled by the easiest means possible --- financially. If you try to control people with guns or food supply, they get mighty angry real quick and that would spark a revolution without a doubt, and they know that. But if you take away the means for the average person to make a decent living and even maintain any semblance of their former lifestyle slowly by
    destroying their savings, their investments and whatever measure of wealth that we may have accumulated by manipulating the banks, the stock market and the money supply which leads to inflation and more loss of buying power then
    you have effectively taken control of a general population without firing a shot. I believe that's almost exactly where we are, but not quite. We've yet to be hit by a high round of inflation which will eat away whatever savings we may have left just trying to hold onto our mortgaged homes, two/three cars, boats, RVs, etc. It's a brilliant strategy and if we don't take
    back control of our Congress within the next two elections then we're licked and they have won. Forget Rs and Ds and think Is or anything else that is viable and vote as many of these career politicians out of office, take back our government and turn this sinking ship around. Other than that it is either compliance or anarchy and chaos. Right now, I think it can go
    either way. Really, it's up to us as a nation --- if enough people wake up in time to see what is headed their way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    It seems that the 2A is a main focal point because without it we have no real means to protect our other rights, which are
    indeed dwindling fast under this administration and Congress. We're witnessing the perfect storm of liberalism/elitism/progressivism, etc that has come into power at the same time and they are utilizing their power to further their agenda; at
    our expense. When will enough be enough? I don't doubt that there are ample number of American patriots armed to the teeth who will, at some point, come to the aid of our beloved country. What the tipping point wil be I really can't say, there
    are so many possibilities. For sure the constant erosion of our rights and added taxes coupled with high unemployment and
    a dwindling of our standard of living as a result of loss of manufacturing and good paying jobs is fueling the fires of discontent. I'm afraid that the flash point is not going to be until we're economically hammered by high inflation, higher taxes and the collapse of the dollar takes place, which may not be for another 2-3 years; but all will continue slowly as I
    believe it is planned. Once people are broke and desperate, many will be turning to the government to "save" them when in
    reality they will just be handing over the last of their rights and self sufficiency. When 51% of the people are either on some type of entitlement program or employed by the government they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.
    That's when the other 49% has to fall in line or take a stand. Of that 49% probably only 25% will be willing to take up arms
    against our own government.
    To my way of thinking this has all been orchestrated to this point for the last 30-40 years and we are seeing the culmination of this plan. Some people laugh at such a "conspiracy" theory, but just look at the reality of the situation. Does
    any serious examination of what is now happening reveal that this is all just happening out of the clear blue sky, just an alignment of the stars against the US? We are not alone in all of this folks! The same thing is happening all over Europe and most of our hemisphere, but not all of it; at least not yet. We're all in trouble! We're almost to the point of being controlled by the easiest means possible --- financially. If you try to control people with guns or food supply, they get mighty angry real quick and that would spark a revolution without a doubt, and they know that. But if you take away the means for the average person to make a decent living and even maintain any semblance of their former lifestyle slowly by
    destroying their savings, their investments and whatever measure of wealth that we may have accumulated by manipulating the banks, the stock market and the money supply which leads to inflation and more loss of buying power then
    you have effectively taken control of a general population without firing a shot. I believe that's almost exactly where we are, but not quite. We've yet to be hit by a high round of inflation which will eat away whatever savings we may have left just trying to hold onto our mortgaged homes, two/three cars, boats, RVs, etc. It's a brilliant strategy and if we don't take
    back control of our Congress within the next two elections then we're licked and they have won. Forget Rs and Ds and think Is or anything else that is viable and vote as many of these career politicians out of office, take back our government and turn this sinking ship around. Other than that it is either compliance or anarchy and chaos. Right now, I think it can go
    either way. Really, it's up to us as a nation --- if enough people wake up in time to see what is headed their way!!!
    Great post, OUTTAHERE. You get it. Wish everyone could perceive things as clearly!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.