CNN Sarah Palin Poll - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN Sarah Palin Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    she may not know everything about being president, but I would rather have her learning on the job than having our anti-american in chief continueing to destroy this nation.
    Agreed.

I would rather not have the "knowledge" and "experience" of what has been in our presidency for so long, it didn't start with Obama, it's been going on for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I find it odd that with her popularity 72% say she will never be ready to be president.

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
    I think of all the choices out there right now, that I am aware of at least, she is the best choice. To quote Jon Stewart about O'riely on Fox, she "... is like the skinniest kid at fat camp." There is something that bothers me about her, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like she is hanging out for the opportunity to run. Like she is bound and determined to be the next President, and come off as if she is not wanting to be, so that she can win people over who are upset with the establishment. I know I am paranoid, but something just doesn't feel right. I want to think she is real and genuine, but something is wrong.....

Although I can think of someone I'd rather have as president, she's way better than what we have now.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I don't think she will be the next President I think she is the face of the Republican party who will point out what all the Dems are doing wrong for the 2010 election. She is the bulldog for the Republicans she is going to be in the face of the Dems for the next few years. If she does a good enough job she might have a chance at the presidency in 12. But I think she is going to get in their faces and let the person running for said office be the nice polite politician. She already started it with the Tea Party convention the other day.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    she may not know everything about being president, but I would rather have her learning on the job than having our anti-american in chief continueing to destroy this nation.
    Exactly! He's learning on the job too, and she'd be a helluva better student than he is, at least she loves this country.

CNN = Communist News Network

Quote Originally Posted by brickler View Post
    I think of all the choices out there right now, that I am aware of at least, she is the best choice. To quote Jon Stewart about O'riely on Fox, she "... is like the skinniest kid at fat camp." There is something that bothers me about her, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like she is hanging out for the opportunity to run. Like she is bound and determined to be the next President, and come off as if she is not wanting to be, so that she can win people over who are upset with the establishment. I know I am paranoid, but something just doesn't feel right. I want to think she is real and genuine, but something is wrong.....
    I don't know that she's hanging out for the chance but instead was thrown into it when she was selected to run as vice-president. If it comes down to her or Obama I will gladly cast a vote for her. However, I would rather see something like a Huckabee/ Palin ticket.

By all accounts she is now better because she is getting daily briefings about our national security, and finances, amongst other things. When she appeared in the picture as one of the contributors for FoxNews, I said it all along that she will have that platform to begin on and will be well supported ... and then the grooming will start. I am glad to say to my family and friends that I am right.

I voted Republican last election not because I like McCain but because I voted for her. She's got common sense. I just hope she will stop short of being a politician. Just be herself and true to herself. Now that will be a good thing if she becomes POTUS one day...it will be refreshing to have her. And I like Huckabee too and Guilliani and of course Sarah Palin but when push comes to shove in the primary, I wouldn't know who to choose...these three are all good in my books and I believe any of these three can run this country better.

"Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I doubt very seriously she is getting daily briefings on nat'l security, finance or much of anything beyond what the next event is on the schedule, her depth of knowledge or engagement seems to reflect a lack of knowledge beyond the soundbyte level. She has a long way to go in my book to speak authoritatively about the economy, the war on terror and gov't spending. All that aside, I think she's a great weapon against the liberal media if for no other reason than she irritates the living daylights out of them which pleases alot of conservatives and even "independents". Her best bet in my book would be to run for the Senate then for the Presidency after she gets a few years to see how the sausage gets made on the Hill, she needs more on her resume than "half a term as the Alaska governor".
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    I doubt very seriously she is getting daily briefings on nat'l security, finance or much of anything beyond what the next event is on the schedule, her depth of knowledge or engagement seems to reflect a lack of knowledge beyond the soundbyte level. She has a long way to go in my book to speak authoritatively about the economy, the war on terror and gov't spending. All that aside, I think she's a great weapon against the liberal media if for no other reason than she irritates the living daylights out of them which pleases alot of conservatives and even "independents". Her best bet in my book would be to run for the Senate then for the Presidency after she gets a few years to see how the sausage gets made on the Hill, she needs more on her resume than "half a term as the Alaska governor".
    I watched the replay of the Chris Matthews interview at FoxNews and that was what he said that Sarah Palin is getting daily briefings about our economy and national security, amongst others. I just searched Fox News and here is what I came up with:

Transcript: Sarah Palin on 'Fox News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com

part of it said...and I quote...
    WALLACE: There's a report this weekend that you are now getting daily e-mail briefings on domestic and foreign policy issues from a group of top advisers in Washington, D.C. How come?
    PALIN: Ever since our PAC was formed, we have had good people contributing, some — many volunteers — I guess you would call them advisers, yes — firing away e-mails to me every morning saying this is what's happened in Washington overnight, you need to be aware of this. Good. It's great. It's helpful.
    WALLACE: Do you — I mean, isn't that the move of somebody who is thinking about running for president?
    unquote.

Wallace also repeated this at one interview program with someone else at the same network...I can't recall who as I was just passing through and stopped. Our TV never changes stations much. It is very fixated at FoxNews...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I watched the replay of the Chris Matthews interview at FoxNews and that was what he said that Sarah Palin is getting daily briefings about our economy and national security, amongst others. I just searched Fox News and here is what I came up with:

Transcript: Sarah Palin on 'Fox News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com

part of it said...and I quote...
    WALLACE: There's a report this weekend that you are now getting daily e-mail briefings on domestic and foreign policy issues from a group of top advisers in Washington, D.C. How come?
    PALIN: Ever since our PAC was formed, we have had good people contributing, some — many volunteers — I guess you would call them advisers, yes — firing away e-mails to me every morning saying this is what's happened in Washington overnight, you need to be aware of this. Good. It's great. It's helpful.
    WALLACE: Do you — I mean, isn't that the move of somebody who is thinking about running for president?
    unquote.

Wallace also repeated this at one interview program with someone else at the same network...I can't recall who as I was just passing through and stopped. Our TV never changes stations much. It is very fixated at FoxNews...
    It's not evident in her responses to detailed questions regarding the economy or the situation in Afghanistan that she has a better than cursory depth of knowledge of the issues, having the TV on very much at all probably makes that situation worse rather than better. I hate to admit it but she doesn't seem to be getting any smarter on the issues, apparently in spite of efforts to inform her. As a primer to her foreign policy, I would recommend shutting off Fox and setting up an account at OpenSource.gov, a much better level of effort to educate rather than entertain. As for the economy, I have a New Mexico public education and I know no country in history ever taxed and spent itself into prosperity and that if deficit spending was bad under Bush it can't possibly be good under Obama. That's a departure point at the very least that could be built on.

Wallace is leading her to answer what many people to include me still question, does Palin know enough to debate a serious Democratic contender for any race? The VP debate against Biden was a disaster in my opinion and I was pulling for her, it's still an issue because her "exposure", not unlike Obama's is very well and carefully choreographed to specific audiences. Notice, based on your quote, she never responds to Wallace of one issue in detail she's receiving info on. I'm not saying she doesn't receive the info or she doesn't read it, there's no perceptible link between being exposed to info and articulating a position on it. Obama was very good at this in his campaign, the liberal bias won't let a COnservative, least of all one who was a keynote speaker at a Tea Party convention get away with it. She's demonstrated when she has a to ground depth of knowledge on an issue she can be very aggressive, her campaigns in Wasilla and for the governorship demonstrated that from time to time but that Sarah Palin has yet to be seen at the national level.
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast