What is your prediction for the future of our freedom?

View Poll Results: What will become of our freedoms?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are fine...have some pie

5 4.20%
  • We are traveling along a slippery slope

57 47.90%
  • The next elections will be suspended due to a "National Emergency"

8 6.72%
  • We will be denied our rights due to HR2139

0 0%
  • Our condition will turn around in the next elections

12 10.08%
  • Our nation will tear itself apart due to a constitutional crisis of epic proportions

37 31.09%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your prediction for the future of our freedom?

Exclamation What is your prediction for the future of our freedom?

What is your prediction for the future of our freedom? Take into account
    1. DHS document defining potential terrorists
    2. HR 2139 "Eric Holder's Secret Weapon"
    3. Tea-party hatred by the Media
    4. Obama's Campaign Promises of a well armed and trained civilian security force "greater than the military"
    5. Republican wins in the Senate and Gubernatorial races.
    6. The increase in the sales of guns and ammunition even in the worst recession in history!
    7. Health care reform
    8. An out of control economy driven by out of control governmental spending
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

The slope is rather slippery at this time so caution and a level of alertness are required. However since I witnessed first hand, the election of a 2A supporting Republican to fill the senate seat of a gun hating, long seated democrat here in MA, I have a new found sense of hope for the future. We the people have the power, we just need to make use of it when our rights are threatened

Amen Festus...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I'm trying to be a little optimistic I believe we can turn things around in November. We have to throw out the progressives in both parties to have a chance of saving our country.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I am very pessimistic right now. Or perhaps I am just a realist.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It's hard to say at this point! I don't know which is going to finish us off first; our economy or our elected officials. If the economy crashes and the dollar collapses not much else is going to matter for a while. However, it could be the perfect
    opportunity for this power grabbing government to find it necessary to take over every aspect of our lives and suspend or
    abolish our Constitution and freedoms. I don't know about everyone else, but where we are today scares the hell out of me!
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

I don't believe that our country, as we know it today, has a future. We're being lead into the New World Order (one world government) steadily, piece by piece. As with the Europeans (European Union) we will surrender our sovereignty. No Constitution or Bill of Rights.The surrender of sovereignty will result in International Law and a World Court. I don't believe that we can escape it.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Whoops! I must be dyslexic...I read "condom"!

Seriously, I answered the second to the last one in the hope that the votation in the next election will change things around for us.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

What do I foresee? In the words of the great Mr. T in Rocky: Pain.

I think it's naive to think we are gonna go from where we are today to a conservative, Constitution-based gov't in the immediate, upcoming election cycles. The powers-that-be aint gonna let that happen that easily.

Frankly, I think we'll be lucky to avoid compete economic collapse in the near future.

Freedom? Better be prepared to fight for it, long and hard...

Just me and I admit that I am a pessimist.

It appears that so far only two think it will get much better and the rest think that to one degree or another things will go to hell in a hand bag.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What is your prediction for the future of our freedom?

I am way less than sanguine that we can hold on to the republic as we know it. Having Obama elected to office is in itself an indication of how so many people in this country have such little understanding of this country's founding and why, what our Constitution means and how it works, capitalism, responsibility both personally and as a citizen, and governments role in our lives. There are many baby boomers that still subscribe to 1960's universalist anti-America ideology, students have been taught social justice instead of civics for 3 decades, and moral relativism being the equal to any form of absolute right and wrong.

We have 50% of the population paying little or no taxes and of course will vote for the greatest largesse that a candidate or political party will offer. The US has too many apathetic voters that simply don't care where the country goes unless government infringes on their beer drinking, driving priviledge, and getting a piece of tail on Saturday night. American's in many respects have lost their moral under pinning, we have lost our faith in God, and have allowed disingenuous people with evil ideas to dictate the direction of our discourse and society.

To hang on to the "great experiment" we call America is to rid ourselves of the Barack Obama's, Nancy Pelosi's, Harry Reid's, Eric Holder's, Kieth Olberman's, Mike Malloy's, et al and etc. Unless this ilk is pushed out of the halls of our government, relegated to the fringe of academia, and marginalized on the airwaves... we will continue to be on a rapidly declining slope to ruin!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast