Sarah Palin throws the Tea Party under-the-bus!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin throws the Tea Party under-the-bus!!!!!!!

Exclamation Sarah Palin throws the Tea Party under-the-bus!!!!!!!

That's gratitude for you.

Palin: Tea Partiers "Have to Pick a Party" - CBS News
    Palin: Tea Partiers “have to pick a party” Rational Review

I believe she is not true to their cause and I bet she even felt this way while cashing their $100,000 check!!

What do you guys think?

No, man, she's right on the money, IMO. I and others have said before, that one danger we have is "splitting the ticket", which would siphon off GOP votes, garner some independents, but throw the win to the demonrats.

I've even spouted off that I would vote 3rd party and damn the consequences, but I'm not so cocksure about that, now.

Palin has made her decision about this issue and it's a legitimate one. Whether you agree with it or not. It also raises a serious question: Do we want to chance splitting the ticket? Now's the time to begin discussing this.

There's pros and cons on both sides. The Republicans went to Schwarzenegger instead of the more conservative guy who I can't remember but I don't think Californina is any better off for it. Recrunching the numbers in 1992 without an independent would have most likely given HW Bush the victory, as Perot had almost 19% of the popular vote. If Theodore Roosevelt hadn't gone "Bull-Moose" there's a good chance Taft would have been reelected. And don't forget...when no candidate has an electoral majority, it goes to a vote in the House of Representatives. Remember how angry Andrew Jackson was in 1824 ?!?! 2008 was a bit of a peculiar year in that it was the first time in almost 40 years that a Republican candidate lost independent votes, but I think that was due to all that "moderate" hype.

Palin non-partisan??

It appears that Palin always believed that the Tea Party should be absorbed/hijacked by the GOP!

"Former vice presidential candidate and current Fox News contributor Sarah Palin said last night that the Republican Party should merge with tea partiers.

Fox's Greta Van Susteren asked if tea party candidates would end up siphoning votes from GOP nominees, or if the movement will "merge with the Republican Party."

"They need to merge," Palin said. "Definitely, they need to merge. I think those who are wanting the divisions and the divisiveness and the controversy -- those are the ones who don't believe in the message. And they're the ones, I think, stirring it up."

Palin: Let's Merge The Tea Party And GOP! | Ron Paul 2012 | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul
    Palin: Let's Merge The Tea Party And GOP | TPM LiveWire

Here's the kicker, she said this on January 29th!!! A full 7 days before she spoke at the Tea Party convention on February 6th.

I don't think she's ever deviated from this position, from what I've seen. I think she's basically always said she is an independent, who chooses the GOP as the major party whose platform most closely matches her perspectives. I mean, what other choice does she or any of us really have? Like it or not, it's a 2-party system, so what are you gonna do? Vote Democrat? Now, you can campaign for a 3rd party, but I don't see that getting off the ground anytime soon, and time is of the essence.

So, she's being realistic. Might also be called common sense.

And people said she couldn't do this...she's already making hard political decisions, seems to me.

I keep reading on these forums to stop repeating the mistakes of the past.
    GOP and Dem have both grown the government
    GOP passed the Patriot Act and the first bailout
    Dem continued the path of overspending, bailouts and even larger government and welfare programs.

So why vote for either?
    If your GOP didn't vote against the bailouts and for larger federal government interventions, vote for someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I don't think she's ever deviated from this position, from what I've seen. I think she's basically always said she is an independent, who choses the GOP as the major party whose platform most closely matches her perspectives. I mean, what other choice does she or any of us really have? Like it or not, it's a 2-party system, so what are you gonna do? Vote Democrat? Now, you can campaign for a 3rd party, but I don't seek that getting off the ground anytime soon, and time is of the essence.

So, she's being realistic. Might also be called common sense.

And people said she couldn't do this...she's already making hard political decisions, seems to me.
    I completely and totally agree with yu on this. She is one hard tough cookie to cracked. She does what she thinks is right for her and her constituents. And she will continue to do so because she said so and I believe she will as she had done in the past. Like it or not, she has got common sense and it will prevail in her no matter what.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    That's gratitude for you.

Palin: Tea Partiers "Have to Pick a Party" - CBS News
    Palin: Tea Partiers “have to pick a party” Rational Review

I believe she is not true to their cause and I bet she even felt this way while cashing their $100,000 check!!

What do you guys think?

ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE...

Sarah Palin DONATED 100% of her 100k BACK TO THE TEA PARTY...

Do us all a favor, stop buying into the media & internet spin, listen to Sarah Palin's speech objectively in its entirety and form your own opinion based on that...

Having watched the speech in its entirety, in my view NOTHING she said was out of line or derogatory...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Wouldn't it be cool if the Republican party was absorbed in aspects by the tea party movement instead? Maybe not a name change, but I don't think names are as important as principles.
    Parties do ebb and flow. The Democrat party on the 50's and 60's was not the same as that of today, and was certainly different than that of Jefferson and Jackson.
    Just an rare optimistic thought...

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if the Republican party was absorbed in aspects by the tea party movement instead? Maybe not a name change, but I don't think names are as important as principles.
    Parties do ebb and flow. The Democrat party on the 50's and 60's was not the same as that of today, and was certainly different than that of Jefferson and Jackson.
    Just an rare optimistic thought...
    Amen +1...

The TEA Party in my view is a ISSUE Party, the primary issue being all parties failure to follow the tenets of small-limited government and self-reliance and the Constitution & the Unabridged Second Amendment...

I am a issues based voter...

that being said, I have not found historically a democrat that passed the Constitution & Second Amendment Litmus Test since Grover Cleveland...

I am a Conservative that happens to vote Republican most of the time, democrat never, and Independent once...

Unless we get back to the Constitution & the Unabridged Second Amendment soon Revolution is inevitable...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast