Split the ticket? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Split the ticket?

It is not throwing your vote away to vote for the candidate you agree with most, even if that candidate is with a third party. It IS throwing your vote away to vote for one of the major party candidates in order to keep the other major party candidate from winning. This is how we have all been throwing our votes away for years and why were are in the current predicament.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

It is time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    No longer will I "hold my nose" for a horrendous candidate just because he is the lesser of two evils. That is exactly the reason the Republicans keep putting up these milquetoast dingbats. They think they have to appeal more to the "moderates" at the cost of abandoning their base. Right now it does seem like the Republicans are starting to get it. They can either feed on this momentum and put up a truly exciting candidate who wants to reign in government, or they can piss it away and put up another RINO. From now on, I vote for the one who I believe is the best for the job.

I know that, whether the odds are with me or not, it is time to vote for what is RIGHT, not just what is electable.

My choice- Ron Paul
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I will pray about it and if I feel there is a righteous, patriotic candidate I will vot for them.. I am through voting for the "lesser of two evils". just because i may not think they can get elected. That kind of thinking is why we continually get business as usual and no real change. God is sovereign and I will vote for the candidate I feel like He would want me to not one of two evils.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    My choice- Ron Paul
    With you all the way there. I voted for him in the primaries.

Long before '08, (like ever since McCain/Feingold) I swore up and down that I would never vote for McCain if he ran for President again. After he clinched the '08 nomination, I figured I would most likely vote Barr/ Root. Then came Sarah. An unpolished, plain speaking, "outdoorsy", WOMAN (thrown in there for good measure, alleviating the claim that we're all a bunch of sexists). I figured I could weather one term of McCain if it would lead to Sarah in 2012. So, I voted for Sarah via McCain. Well, we all know how well that worked out.

Some people say that a third party vote is a waste. Really? I ask, which one was the wasted vote? I voted for someone I really did NOT want to vote for, and he didn't win anyway. That's the last time I throw away my vote.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

After further consideration, and after watching new-RINO Scott Brown (the darling of the Tea Party) vote with the other Northeast RINOs on the jobs bill (complete horsesh!t), I am back to my original postion: I will vote for the conservative candidate and if it splits the GOP ticket, so be it.

I'm sick of all the dancing around...I trust no politician...of any stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    After further consideration, and after watching new-RINO Scott Brown (the darling of the Tea Party) vote with the other Northeast RINOs on the jobs bill (complete horsesh!t), I am back to my original postion: I will vote for the conservative candidate and if it splits the GOP ticket, so be it.

I'm sick of all the dancing around...I trust no politician...of any stripe.
    I am with you my friend. I will vote my conscience and damn the consequences.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I will pray about it and if I feel there is a righteous, patriotic candidate I will vot for them.. I am through voting for the "lesser of two evils". just because i may not think they can get elected. That kind of thinking is why we continually get business as usual and no real change. God is sovereign and I will vote for the candidate I feel like He would want me to not one of two evils.
    Don't go by your feelings, feelings LIE. Go by the candidates VOTING RECORD, nothing less.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Don't go by your feelings, feelings LIE. Go by the candidates VOTING RECORD, nothing less.
    Bingo, Ringo. You hit the nail on the head.

See what's happening, here, ya'll? If you extrapolate these posts to the general population of patriots, looks to me like we will be splitting the ticket...don't know how to reconcile this...but there it is.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Don't know who I will vote FOR, but know who I will NOT vote for - 1) any dimocrat 2) Palin 3) Ron Paul

i will vote for Ron Paul if he runs but he probably will not. I will just have to wait and see if any other defender of the Constitution runs. We might just get stuck with NWO 1 or NWO 2 again. we never seem to be able to get any real patriot running. Perhaps it is because everything is stacked that way.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast