Split the ticket? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Split the ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I realize that the Tea Party has the economy, taxes, etc. as the direction of their movement. If however, I was to support a third party and vote for the third party candidate, social issues must be in the top list of their priorities. Social issues to me are family values, morals, character, integrity, faith in God, etc. It goes much deeper, however I can't say more to explain it here without starting a forum war and being labeled many things. What has always been called EVIL in this world in the past, today is called GOOD, what has always been called GOOD in the past,today is called EVIL. The Republican Party was the closest thing to stand up for my beliefs and the principles that our country was founded on. Was, but not even close today.

I doubt that I'll support any political party in the future, mainly because no political party would get to first base in the world we live in today should they support my values and principles. I have many more years behind me than in front of me, I know well what it is to live a prosperous life and enjoy freedom. I come from a different generation, a generation that knew right from wrong, good from evil, and we had a government that governed, not dictate. What this generation considers progression, my generation considered regression. I don't want to go on a rant. I hope this gives some idea.
    I'm in agreement with everything you stated (and that which is unstated too, I suspect); I'm from the same generation and upbringing. I am a "long-term" optimist in the sense that the Lord has control and will ultimately prevail but I'm not in the short-term, as regards this country.

There are too many people now (about 1/2 the country) who don't contribute and who are increasingly voting for the candidate/party who will "nanny" them to the grave. The Judeo-Christian ethic upon which this country was founded and built is being stripped from our foundation (and then people wonder why it's all going to hell in a handbasket).

I'm with you on supporting any political party. There is none that currently speaks for me. The Repugs might pay lip service to some of these ideals just to "capture" votes, but once elected, the vast majority turn their back on God and our Constitution. Enough is enough.

This is why I'm becoming a single-issue voter: 2A RKBA. Soley because I plan to go down fighting, when the time comes.

There's my abbreviated rant, Ringo.

3. One thing that we all need to do is get involved at the local level. Before someone runs for President, they run for something local. We need to replace the people who choose who gets on the ballot. We need to get rid of the entrenched, corrupt idiots at the precinct level.
    Then, we can choose people with integrity, who are not corrupted yet to be the ones who show up on the ballots. Sorry folks, voting is not enough any more, we have to take control.

Start here http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Over-the...recinct-(U.S.A.)

If anyone has better info, please post it.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    One thing that we all need to do is get involved at the local level. Before someone runs for President, they run for something local. We need to replace the people who choose who gets on the ballot. We need to get rid of the entrenched, corrupt idiots at the precinct level.
    Then, we can choose people with integrity, who are not corrupted yet to be the ones who show up on the ballots. Sorry folks, voting is not enough any more, we have to take control.

Start here http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Over-the...recinct-(U.S.A.)

If anyone has better info, please post it.
    I admire your determination and optimism, W68, as per your post here and elsewere. I just wonder if we have wiated too long. How are we going to convince the 50% who are glomming off the system, to be independent, hard-working contributors? Because until we do, we seem to be fighting a losing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I'm in agreement with everything you stated (and that which is unstated too, I suspect); I'm from the same generation and upbringing. I am a "long-term" optimist in the sense that the Lord has control and will ultimately prevail but I'm not in the short-term, as regards this country.

There are too many people now (about 1/2 the country) who don't contribute and who are increasingly voting for the candidate/party who will "nanny" them to the grave. The Judeo-Christian ethic upon which this country was founded and built is being stripped from our foundation (and then people wonder why it's all going to hell in a handbasket).

I'm with you on supporting any political party. There is none that currently speaks for me. The Repugs might pay lip service to some of these ideals just to "capture" votes, but once elected, the vast majority turn their back on God and our Constitution. Enough is enough.

This is why I'm becoming a single-issue voter: 2A RKBA. Soley because I plan to go down fighting, when the time comes.

There's my abbreviated rant, Ringo.
    It was a good rant Flash and I agree, except I'm not optimistic in regards to our country. I never thought I'd say this, but, with the way things are developing here in our country and around the world, I'm sure glad that I'm not a young man. The bad news is that nothing is going to get better, the Lord said that times will wax worse and worse . There is nowhere in the Bible where I've read that says that anything will get better, until the Lord returns. I've read the end of the Book, the good news is...God wins.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234