Bill O'Reilly Thinks It's OK To Disarm People During Emergencies - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly Thinks It's OK To Disarm People During Emergencies

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
    What do you expect he went to Harvard just like Barry.
    He's so off base on this it's absurd. When there's total chaos and LE can't control the looters, etc, THAT"S EXACTLY WHEN LAWFUL CITIZENS NEED THEIR WEAPONS TO PROTECT THEIR LIVES AND PROPERTY. Disarming the population at a time like that would make this administration smile. Never waste crisis, right?
    EXACTLY RIGHT. O'Reilly defended his position again last nite during the "mail" section of the show. He seemed pissed that he got so much disagreement. Just like the other "elitists" who think they know what's best for the rest of us, he seemed like he couldn't believe that anyone but kooks and extremists would disagree with his opinion.

Now, for a show of real integrity, I'd like to see Sean, and Glenn take O'Reilly's ass apart on this issue. That would be fun.

Talking My reply to Bill

On one of the Forums I visit there is a discussion about your statement on how the government should be allowed to confiscate weapons in an emergency.

What comes to mind is New Orleans and what happened there. The robberies, murders and other crimes went on because of the police confiscating weapons belonging to the people and then failed to do their job because of the circumstances.

Not too many days ago the "government" decided that the current snow fall constituted an emergency and then declared that anyone carrying a weapon would be arrested. Also this means you are also for suspending the rest of the "Rule of Law" that we live by and the government can search anyone or anywhere without a warrant just to prove they don't have anything the government decides is a weapon.

This brings me to the statement made by Ben Franklin where people willing to give up anything deserve nothing.

O'Reilly should be censored in an emergency. EMERGENCY!!

Who gets to decide when it's emergency time?
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Here's another thing we are probably on the same page on...

Bill O'Reilly is off his fricking rocker on this one...

and is going to hear from me for one...

I encourage all to write bill and let him know your discontent...

Ask him just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" he does not understand...

Or if he is familiar with the first rule of constitutional interpretation:
    Your Rights Do Not Come From Government...

Bill of Rights...
    God-Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without our Liberties we have NOTHING...

Give Bill O'Reilly A Mouth Full!
    Bill O'Reilly: Help/Contact Us
    We better be careful Bohemian, people may start thinking we're getting along.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    O'Reilly should be censored in an emergency. EMERGENCY!!

Who gets to decide when it's emergency time?
    No kidding. I wonder how O'Reilly would like it if "they" declared an emergency and shut down his big mouth.

Frankly, I'm bummed as I've been an O'Reillly fan for a long time. I have noticed, however, since B. Hussein was planted in the WH, that O'Reilly seems to be awful forgiving of the guy. And I have been absolutely stunned recently when he airily dismissed at least a couple of our constitutional rights.

I'm quite sure that he has an armed bodyguard at his disposal so he has the luxury of being able to distance himself from that kind of activity.

I sent him a note to that effect.

Loud mouth a$$hole... If they chose to censor the media in a time of emergency he would be dead set against it...

Yea.. We get to pick and choose the rights we uphold as long as they are the "cute cuddly ones"... Uh, No..

P.O.S. in my opinion... The smell makes me sick...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
    What do you expect he went to Harvard just like Barry.
    He's so off base on this it's absurd. When there's total chaos and LE can't control the looters, etc, THAT"S EXACTLY WHEN LAWFUL CITIZENS NEED THEIR WEAPONS TO PROTECT THEIR LIVES AND PROPERTY. Disarming the population at a time like that would make this administration smile. Never waste crisis, right?
    That was the exact premise or context of my message to him... At a time when lawlessness has become the norm I will uphold the laws of God and I will need a means to do so.

From the letter to Bill:
    Disarm me when there is an emergency? Are you kidding? That is the time I would want the ability to defend myself and my family members most. Im sure that when all hell breaks loose you will have an armed bodyguard for your protection. Have you ever seen the images of all hell breaking loose, with the looters, jackasses flipping cars over and setting them on fire, indiscriminate beatings, and morons running loose who could cause harm or death to innocent citizens? Yea Ok. You take care of you and Ill take care of me. My way Perhaps keeping out of my business would be a better task for you and the current government.

Thoughts?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

O'Reilly gets really insecure when Beck is around. Glenn would stomp him in the same time slot and O'Reilly knows it.
    A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern.

O'Reilly and all the others are nothing but entertainers.

11. "God-Given..."

Can you cite statute?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast