Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

He is the best. One of the few that does not have puppet strings attached to him.

FOXNews.com - Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

Updated February 20, 2010

FOXNews.com

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

* print
    * email
    * Check recommend (7)

Decrease Font A A A Increase Font

Ron Paul has ended Mitt Romney's three-year run as conservatives' favorite for president, taking 31 percent of the vote in the Conservative Political Action Conference's annual straw poll.

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

Romney, former Massachusetts governor and also a 2008 GOP candidate, has won the last three presidential straw polls at the annual conference. This year, he came in second, with 22 percent.

Sarah Palin, who didn't attend the conference, was a distant third in the straw poll, with 7 percent, followed by Tim Pawlenty, the Minnesota governor, and Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana.

The straw poll is not binding -- and not necessarily a good forecaster, given that in 2008, John McCain went on to take the party's nomination over Romney.

Results of this year's poll were announced just as the crowd prepared for the conference's keynote speaker, Fox News host Glenn Beck.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have always like Ron Paul. I think he's the only hope this country has to get back on track. He would follow the constitution to the letter if he became president. Something that scares the hell out of the "new world order" crowd.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

The only problem with Ron Paul is his probable lack of support from the Senate and Congress. A president who does not have the support of at least one side of the Senate or Congress will accomplish very little. Their veto, if used, would probably be overthrown by a 2/3 vote and nullifying any attempt to do the right thing. The only way to make someone like Ron Paul a viable candidate is to vote out the vast majority of current representatives and replace them with true supporters of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    The only problem with Ron Paul is his probable lack of support from the Senate and Congress. A president who does not have the support of at least one side of the Senate or Congress will accomplish very little. Their veto, if used, would probably be overthrown by a 2/3 vote and nullifying any attempt to do the right thing. The only way to make someone like Ron Paul a viable candidate is to vote out the vast majority of current representatives and replace them with true supporters of the Constitution.

That works for me. Now lets see if we can find enough patriots to vote into office.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I would not vote for Ron P. He is a truther believing that the government blew up the towers on 9-11.

We do not need people like this running our government. Also we do not need a third party.

If you want to keep the present demies in, vote for Ron P.
    "My choices in life were
    either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician.. And to tell
    the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Ron Paul is the only politician that has tried to wake the sheeple up to the fact that the Federal Reserve act was one of the most hideous plots brought against the American people. None of the other puppets will speak out about this which tells me that they are either completely ignorant to what has happened and is happening to our country or they are on board with the traitors that are trying to destroy our Republic. Either way I would vote for him in a heart beat before I will vote for the puppets of the NWO. Is he right about some of the elements of our government being involved in a cover up of 911? I don't know but at this point nothing would surprise me. What we don't need running our country or ruining our country is the elitist bureaucrats we have had lately.

Here's the thing, I like Ron Paul; but he's too old to run for President now, 2008 was his last realistic shot; he can do more good and will have a longer career if he stays in Congress where he is at...

His son Rand is running for a Kentucky U.S. Senate Seat...
    I encourage all whether Kentucky Residents or not to donate to his campaign...

Our focus needs to be here & now and on 2010 and taking back Congress, thus knee-capping Obama; then we can focus on 2012 from November this year forward, and who the viable Constitution & Second Amendment supporting Candidate(s) will be that deserve our support...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Our focus needs to be here & now and on 2010 and taking back Congress, thus knee-capping Obama; then we can focus on 2012 from November this year forward, and who the viable Constitution & Second Amendment supporting Candidate(s) will be that deserve our support...
    Another thing we agree on. This is getting scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Another thing we agree on. This is getting scary.
    I agree we need to work on the NOW first but I still like Ron Paul and would love to keep him in Congress

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I have always like Ron Paul. I think he's the only hope this country has to get back on track. He would follow the constitution to the letter if he became president. Something that scares the hell out of the "new world order" crowd.
    yep... I would love to see him in office!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast