2nd amendment march 4/19/10

Thread: 2nd amendment march 4/19/10

1. 2nd amendment march 4/19/10

I have heard alot of rumblings about us not being able to exercise our second amendment rights in our very own capitol and how disconcerting this is for most of us. It is illegal to bring a fiream into the District of Columbia even if it is cased and unloaded unless it is registered in which case you can only have it in your home.

My question or idea is: what if we all carried a rifle or shotgun case throughout Washington DC the day of the rally. Just have a soft case slung over your shoulder with a broom handle in it. Heck, you could even use it to carry your provisions for the day. It is not illegal to carry luggage of any sort in DC. This will make for great visiblity and symbolism. With shirts and signs supporting our rights and stating that next time we may exercise fully this God given right as Americans to defend ourselves anywhare within our borders and our hands, cases and holsters may not be empty like the promises of so many politicians concerning the protections of our rights.

First time I have been to this sight, I am looking forward to being active in some of the conversations on board.
    Although I must admit that at times my humor/sarcasm sometimes runs on the racey side, I hope you can tolerate me. I hate banning af all types.

First of all, welcome to this group -- from Show Me State -- Missouri. Glad to have you aboard. Hmm...I thought the rally will be in April, not March...

Anyway, will they arrest all of us if we all open carry? Just give that a thought...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

DC Laws are DC laws and we have to abide by them.

The Second Amendment March is 4/19/2010
    Second Amendment March

Missouri State C-Ordinator:
    Bruce Gravlin
    Email: [email protected]
    For Ms:
    March in Jefferson City,

Submitted by denise_hay on Tue, 01/26/2010 - 00:42.
    March in Jefferson City, MO
    Patriots,
    We have set the date for the state March to be held in Jefferson City on April 8, 2010. We hope to post details soon.
    The R & K Gun Show hosted last weekend's Gun Show and gave us a table free for the Second Amendment March. The owner, Rex, has been very helpful in assisting us.
    We raffled off a choice of Advanced Weapons Training courses donated by a local trainer. At $5 a ticket we cleared about $275.00 to send to the National SAM organizers. We also passed out over 300 flyers with state and national March dates and our website to watch for upcoming bus information.
    Love those Gun Shows!
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post

The Second Amendment March is 4/19/2010
    Second Amendment March

For Ms:
    Thank you for the info...I will probably join the April 8 Missouri one as i do not have anything on that day -- yet.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. Tucker's mom, thank you for informing me about the gathering this morning at the arch. I just got back from there. I was somewhat disappointed by the small number of people that attended. I did like hearing the things I heard. I would love for all gun owners to be in DC on 4/19/10 as I will be there and may take my son out of school for him to attend. He is 15 and I think a little lesson is civeics would do him a free world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Ricbak and I are road-tripping together to the DC rally. He appears to be worried that I will go "native" on him and be packing an arsenal when we hit DC.

Not to worry, RB, I won't get you landed in the hoosegow; just be sure to bring bail money for me! (Kidding, I'm kidding...).

I do like the idea of wearing empty holsters and such and letting 'em know that they don't want us to have to come back a second time...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ricbak and I are road-tripping together to the DC rally. He appears to be worried that I will go "native" on him and be packing an arsenal when we hit DC.

Not to worry, RB, I won't get you landed in the hoosegow; just be sure to bring bail money for me! (Kidding, I'm kidding...).

I do like the idea of wearing empty holsters and such and letting 'em know that they don't want us to have to come back a second time...
    I have no doubt this is going to be an interesting couple days... I guess I'll have to "Spit Shine" My Black Galco.....
    Semper Fi

9. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

I too have mentioned carrying empty holsters as a good idea. I think we should when we are there 4-19-10.

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi