Nevada: Action Alert - Tracking Nevada Gun Owners... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nevada: Action Alert - Tracking Nevada Gun Owners...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Careful examination of these authoritative links show that California is #1 and Nevada is #9.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...ateRatings.pdf

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : State Gun Laws
    Your post is accurate in so far as California is #1 meaning they have the most prohibitive firearms laws in the country...

Your assessment that Nevada is #9 is fundamentally flawed, and misleading but I can see how the mistake was made...

To clarify according to the Brady Bunch & their Second Amendment infringement point value system...

They give California 79 out of a possible 100 points...
    They give Nevada 9 out of a possible 100 points...

What does this mean?
    Flip the Bunch's ratings upside down to get a clear understanding of how many standing Second Amendment Infringements exist in your state...
    Or to put it another way how much work, your Second Amendment Community, in your state needs to do to repeal these State-Specific Second Amendment Infringements...

E.G.:
    Ordered Most Second Amendment Infringing To Least...

1. California - 79, given 4 stars & Ranked #1 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.
    . D.C. has none listed, but in my view are on par with California, they are still bucking the SCOTUS June 2008 Ruling with every-stinking end-run they can come up with, temporary emergency orders etc. They are not a State but we must be mindful that anywhere we allow a Second Amendment Infringement, no matter how old; to stand gives weight for the anti's to use them for precedent for more Second Amendment Infringements...

2. New Jersey - 73, given 3 stars and ranked #2 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.

3. Massachusetts - 54, given 3 stars, and ranked #3 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.

4. Connecticut - 53, given 3 stars & ranked #4 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.

5. Maryland - 52, given 3 stars and ranked #5 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.

6. New York - 50, given 3 stars, and ranked #6 by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch.

7. Rhode Island - 45, given 2 stars.

8. Hawaii - 42, given 2 stars.

9. Illinois - 28, given 2 stars.

10. Pennsylvania - 25, given 2 stars.

11. Michigan - 23, given 1 star.

12. Delaware - 21, given 1 star.

13. North Carolina - 19, given 1 star.

14. Virginia - 17, given 1 star.
    14. Washington - 17, given 1 star.
    14. Oregon - 17, given 1 star.

15. Minnesota - 15, given 1 star.

16. Iowa - 14, given 1 star.

17. Maine - 11.

18. Ohio - 11, given 1 star.

19. South Carolina - 10.
    19. Wisconsin - 10.
    19. Wyoming - 10.

20. New Hampshire - 9.
    20. Nevada - 9.
    20. Texas - 9.

21. Georgia - 8.
    21. Nebraska - 8.
    21. Tennessee - 8.
    21. Vermont - 8.

22. Kansas - 7.

23. Florida - 6.
    23. Indiana - 6.
    23. Mississippi - 6.

24. Missouri - 4.
    24. New Mexico - 4.
    24. North Dakota - 4.
    24. West Virginia - 4.

25. Idaho - 2.
    25. Kentucky - 2.
    25. Louisianna - 2.
    25. Oklahoma - 2.

26. Utah - 0.

So if your state scored as follows by the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch...

0-10:
    Your state gets an A on The Second Amendment.
    11-24:
    Your state gets an B on The Second Amendment.
    25-49:
    Your state gets an C on The Second Amendment.
    50-74
    Your state gets an D on The Second Amendment.
    75-100:
    Your state gets an F on The Second Amendment.

In my view if your state has any firearm or other weapon law that is not consistent with "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" then your State gets a "F" from Bohemian...
    Further, if your State is scoring greater then 10 your state has some serious fricking issues to address ASAP...

Moreover, I am sad to say every state gets an "F" from me, including Utah whom the Constitution Hating, Anti-Second Amendment Brady Bunch thinks has the least prohibitive firearm & other weapons laws in the country...

Let me get you started on my beef with my Utah Neighboring State; like Nevada, my own State they are a SHALL ISSUE STATE...

Whats wrong with that you ask?

Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?
    Where in the Constitution or the Second Amendment does it say EXCEPT... ?

Nowhere...

"The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Update - Good News

Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting me concerning the scanning of license plates.
    I have been vocal in my opposition to the InsureNet proposal for many reasons including the "big brother" aspect of the program. At this point in the special session there has been no support to move forward with the Governor's proposal.
    Debbie
    Assemblywoman Debbie Smith
    Assembly District 30, Nevada
    3270 Wilma Drive
    Sparks, NV 89431
    775-331-0897 -Home
    775-233-2905 - Cell
    775-331-9064 - Fax

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Thanks for the correction Bohemian. Yep I was half asleep and read the site with too much haste--got the ranking wrong but in the right order at least. The real point is that we need to view the list the way you have so perfectly presented it. I suggest we join the NRA state affiliates of the top three. I just joined CRPA as a life member. I'm gong to join ANJRPC soon. GOAL for MA is $750, that membership is a couple of months out.

I was about to buy a new rifle, but when a so called assault weapons bill was heard here in Washington, I went nuts and decided to put off buying the rifle for a couple of years. Instead I became a life member of both Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association and Washington Arms Collectors and started keeping up with online forums. Next I contacted folks in some other states and got them to join WSRPA in excahange for my membership in their state affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Thanks for the correction Bohemian. Yep I was half asleep and read the site with too much haste--got the ranking wrong but in the right order at least. The real point is that we need to view the list the way you have so perfectly presented it. I suggest we join the NRA state affiliates of the top three. I just joined CRPA as a life member. I'm gong to join ANJRPC soon. GOAL for MA is $750, that membership is a couple of months out.

I was about to buy a new rifle, but when a so called assault weapons bill was heard here in Washington, I went nuts and decided to put off buying the rifle for a couple of years. Instead I became a life member of both Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association and Washington Arms Collectors and started keeping up with online forums. Next I contacted folks in some other states and got them to join WSRPA in excahange for my membership in their state affiliates.
    Gun Owners Of America is another good one I highly recommend...
    Gun Owners of America

I hear you. Before I got on the kick of tyring to get everyone on board the state NRA affiliates, I signed up with the national organizations. I'm a life GOA member. They sent me a red 2010 annual membership card and said a new life member card is in the works and should arrive soon.

Also, I just upgraded my NRA membership to Benefactor, have life memberships in JPFO and SAF (Defenders Club).

Now back to trying to get some action going at the state level. Who is already a life member of ANJRPC? NJ is the second "best" on the Brady Campaign list and it would be good to have more clout there on our side. I'm looking for a life member of ANJRPC to become a life member of WSRPA. I in turn will sign up for ANJRPC. Same money goes to both orgs and two of us count as 4 in the membership numbers.

How about it? Anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12