McDonald for Dummies... - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: McDonald for Dummies...

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The Declaration of Independence is not the law of the land. The United States is founded upon the Constitution.
    The United States was founded on the principle that we are individuals and as such have rights. "Inalienable" " Natural" "Pre existing"
    The Constitution is the "contract" to the American people trying to preserve these rights! Just think of it as a "minority rights" law!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It always amazes me that ignorant people never can grasp the concept that you can get a pretty good idea what was the original intent in the constitution by reading other writings of the founding fathers including but not limited to the Declaration of Independence. In fact most liberals do not care about original intent because they have some misguided belief in what they call a living, breathing document. I have come to the conclusion there are some people that would argue with a rock just to argue. You can not fix stupid. Actually America was not founded on the Constitution, it did not precede America, but rather on Judeo/Christian principles.
    If you believe that then you should sue your school district because they failed to give you an education.

If you believe that then you should sue your school district because they failed to give you an education.
    Just tell me one thing nogods. What planet are you from?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yes, it is amazing how many people don't know that the Bill of Rights represent the first 10 amendments to the Constitution, that the Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787, and that the first ten amendments to the Constitution were ratified by 3/4th vote of the States on December 15, 1791. Many people think the Bill of Rights were part of the original Constitution. But I guess that can be expected when people get their Constitutional scholarship from a guitar player.
    It is equally amazing to me how many people believe that our rights are granted to us by government, and that without the Bill of Rights or some other laws, we would not have any rights. But then, your screen name tells me all I need to know.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

We, the People of the United Stats get to decide. That is the political process. A majority of people do decide such things.
    I'm sorry, nogods, but you are emphatically wrong! That's the way it would work if we were living in a Democracy, but we are not. This country and it's Constitution was founded as a Republic, and I encourage you to learn the very important difference between the two. The United States is NOT a Democracy despite how hard those who would like it to be wish it so.

In a Democracy if the majority of the people want the group to go North, we all go North. "Majority Rules."

In a Republic if the majority of the people want to go North, the majority can go North, while the rest go South or West or just stay where they are! Everyone gets to decide for themselves what they want to do and are welcome to do it short of impeding the travel of any of the others (in this example). And THAT'S the American Republican process!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I'm sorry, nogods, but you are emphatically wrong! That's the way it would work if we were living in a Democracy, but we are not. This country and it's Constitution was founded as a Republic, and I encourage you to learn the very important difference between the two. The United States is NOT a Democracy despite how hard those who would like it to be wish it so.

In a Democracy if the majority of the people want the group to go North, we all go North. "Majority Rules."

In a Republic if the majority of the people want to go North, the majority can go North, while the rest go South or West or just stay where they are! Everyone gets to decide for themselves what they want to do and are welcome to do it short of impeding the travel of any of the others (in this example). And THAT'S the American Republican process!
    +1 Amen...

Constitutional Republic 101: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    By Stewart Rhodes (Retired Army Ranger, Yale Educated Attorney & Noted Scholar on the Constitution & Second Amendment and founder of OathKeepers):

Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post

Really. So if the majority of the people in the State of Utah want to set the maximum state liquor content at 50%, the rest can still make and sell 80% liquor? everyone is a law unto himself?

Keep dreaming.

The reason some of us get to run the country and the rest get to complain about it is because the rest don't understand how things work. They have these romantic ideas - great for novels and internet chatrooms - not so great for the real world.

Really. So if the majority of the people in the State of Utah want to set the maximum state liquor content at 50%, the rest can still make and sell 80% liquor? everyone is a law unto himself?

Keep dreaming.

The reason some of us get to run the country and the rest get to complain about it is because the rest don't understand how things work. They have these romantic ideas - great for novels and internet chatrooms - not so great for the real world.
    What you describe falls under the 10th Amendment...

Tenth Amendment...
    “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

"The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1816. ME 14:490

“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    –– Thomas Jefferson

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    What you describe falls under the 10th Amendment...

Tenth Amendment...
    “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

"The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1816. ME 14:490

“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    –– Thomas Jefferson
    What I described is a hypothetical - make it the people of the United States instead of Utah...the entity is not the critical fact.

But hey, if you have learned nothing else at least you now know that Bill of Rights is made up of ten amendments to the Constitution that were adopted by 3/4ths ratification 4 years after the Constitution was adopted.

Keep dreaming.

We're not talking about Laws, we're talking about Freedoms, most especially those Freedoms delineated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. There's no Constitutional guarantee either to make liquor or to drink it, just as there is no guarantee of education or a driver's license. What you seem to be doing is bowing to the way things are being run rather than standing up for the way they're supposed to be as designed by the Founders. That's a path to destruction, my friend, and a road to Hell if ever there was one. If you're going to acquiesce to the way the "real world" is being run I guess you have no reason to complain when they come for YOUR guns, which leads me to ask...What, then, are you doing here? This is the wrong venue for complacency with respect to your "real world". You must be able to see that the Majority - here - are at odds with your way of seeing these issues. Doesn't the 'majority rule' here? Or are you trying to change our minds...?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast