ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    I'm not very afraid of this potential law.

Even if this somehow passes and becomes law, it will likely be shot down at first challenge. There is nothing in the US Constitution that gives the federal government that kind of power.

And even in the slightest of chances that it passes and survives court challenges, the people won't abide by it. The same people who essentially shot down the REAL ID Act would kill this one as well.
    There is nothing in the US Constitution that gives the federal government that kind of power.

And yet we see many areas of the Constitution ignored by the federal government often. Lets list a few. 1st Amendment- this one has been twisted from it's original meaning and intent that we often see and here it erroneously calling for the separation of church and state. 2nd Amendment- Do I have to tell any one here how often that one has been trampled under foot? 4th Amendment- this one has been violated so often it is almost non existent these days. These instances not enough for you then how about Article 1, section 8 of the the Legislative Branch- One part of it listing powers reserved for the Legislative branch reads- To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures; This part of the constitution was wiped out by the insidious federal reserve act of 1913 which was conceived in secrecy on Jekyll Island, passed by traitors in congress and signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson. Now international bankers control our money. I could go on and on but suffice to say claiming that something will not happen just because it is not constitutional is a pipe dream

And even in the slightest of chances that it passes and survives court challenges, the people won't abide by it. The same people who essentially shot down the REAL ID Act would kill this one as well.

Are you referring to the same sheeple that voted the Usurper into office? Or perhaps the same sheeple that have stood by and watch many of our freedoms disappear before their very eyes?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yeah, I have to agree there. We always hear "up in arms" but it's just a cliche.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    I'm not very afraid of this potential law.

Even if this somehow passes and becomes law, it will likely be shot down at first challenge. There is nothing in the US Constitution that gives the federal government that kind of power.

The Germans and the Jews thought that, too, rayven. It will only take another crisis, like 9/11, to bring the majority of Americans to their knees -- not in prayer, unfortunately, but willing to be subservient to our government and hand over their rights in favor of security. "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Well, hell, why don't they just require that "666" be stamped on our foreheads and be done with it?

That was my response too!!! Stolen from R Reagan :-)
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

6. Unhappy

Double post
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    But still you know JJ that there are those, we have run into a few here, that call us paranoid conspiracy theorist for being alarmed when we see things like this. Don't know about you but I would rather be a little paranoid than have my head buried in the sand or other places.
    Watching the news (Fox) last nite with my wife, this topic came up. I remarked to her that I couldn't see how anyone does not see the writing on the wall here. It's so obvious to some of us and others (seemingly intelligent individuals) don't seem to see it at all. However, that's Biblical too, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    The Germans and the Jews thought that, too, rayven. It will only take another crisis, like 9/11, to bring the majority of Americans to their knees -- not in prayer, unfortunately, but willing to be subservient to our government and hand over their rights in favor of security. "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
    Right on the money. Last nite, both Lou Dobbs and O'Reilly came out in favor of this, on the basis of national security. I believe O'reilly mentioned that people would get behind this because of safety reasons (track terrorists and illegals). So, there it is.

This all seems to be happening at warp speed, doesn't it? The last year and a half, especially, has been mind-boggling. And yet...the sheep continue to graze away.

I would like to think you are right...

Rayven, but there has been much taking place and gotten through that a couple of years ago I said could never happen. I don't have the confidence I once had that the "people" could actually stop or stand for much of anything that Washington is doing, because they just plain are not listening. I pray it doesn't happen but someone else brought up the 666 thing (which I happen to believe will happen at some point) and I find it interesting. Not preaching here...just observing our culture and with all the talk of globalization and such, I find it hard to scoff at what the Bible said long ago about how things would be at the end. This National ID card, though I don't believe is the 666 obviously is surely a step in that direction. I wish people were not such sheep, but there are enough out there to buy into the "logic" of this proposed idea and not object when our elected officials put it on us. Even O'Reilly, who I generally enjoy listening too thinks it would be great. I about spewed my coffee when I heard him. He may be full of himself and cocky but generally he has had some good insight on things and when I heard him say that I was just floored. Well, enough of my rant...hope I haven't irritated anyone, not trying too...but fasten your seat belt people the ride is going to get a whole lot bumpier.
    Don't take freedom for granted...you could lose it.

I, too, about choked on my cookies when O'Reilly and Dobbs came out in support of this. O'Reilly did say he could understand how people might not like this, given that the gov't will require the card for every transaction we might make and thus will be able to track us. Which made me think of this:

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark..."Rev 13:16, NIV.

Curious, wouldn't you say? I'm sure someone will say that I'm a paranoid Christian right-wing extremist to which I respond: YUP!

11. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark..."Rev 13:16, NIV.
    Which is interesting in the fact that one of the biometrics they are considering using is the veins in your right hand for identification.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast