ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan

Exclamation ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan

Papers Please! Wake up sheeple it is later than you think.

FOXNews.com - ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan

ID Card for Workers at Center of Immigration Plan

The Wall Street Journal

Under a potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information.

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

The ID card plan is one of several steps advocates of an immigration overhaul are taking to address concerns that have defeated similar bills in the past.

The uphill effort to pass a bill is being led by Sens. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), who plan to meet with President Barack Obama as soon as this week to update him on their work. An administration official said the White House had no position on the biometric card.

"It's the nub of solving the immigration dilemma politically speaking," Schumer said in an interview. The card, he said, would directly answer concerns that after legislation is signed, another wave of illegal immigrants would arrive. "If you say they can't get a job when they come here, you'll stop it."

The biggest objections to the biometric cards may come from privacy advocates, who fear they would become de facto national ID cards that enable the government to track citizens.

"It is fundamentally a massive invasion of people's privacy," said Chris Calabrese, legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. "We're not only talking about fingerprinting every American, treating ordinary Americans like criminals in order to work. We're also talking about a card that would quickly spread from work to voting to travel to pretty much every aspect of American life that requires identification."
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Weeellllll, junior g-man.....

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY G-MEN.... MESSRS SMITH AND WESSON
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Well, hell, why don't they just require that "666" be stamped on our foreheads and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Well, hell, why don't they just require that "666" be stamped on our foreheads and be done with it?
    Checking back into USACarry, after being away for awhile, this was the first thread that I read. As always, JJFlash, you brightened my day with your sarcastic sense of humor. :-) Good to "see you".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Checking back into USACarry, after being away for awhile, this was the first thread that I read. As always, JJFlash, you brightened my day with your sarcastic sense of humor. :-) Good to "see you".
    Well, a big how-do to you, CW&M. Good to see you back on the boards!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post

Glad to see you back.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

All in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    All in due time.
    Quite terse on your part, HK, and funny; I busted out laughing...(the issue isn't funny, of course, but your "delivery" was choice.)

Quite terse on your part, HK, and funny; I busted out laughing...(the issue isn't funny, of course, but your "delivery" was choice.)

But still you know JJ that there are those, we have run into a few here, that call us paranoid conspiracy theorist for being alarmed when we see things like this. Don't know about you but I would rather be a little paranoid than have my head buried in the sand or other places.

I'm not very afraid of this potential law.

Even if this somehow passes and becomes law, it will likely be shot down at first challenge. There is nothing in the US Constitution that gives the federal government that kind of power.

And even in the slightest of chances that it passes and survives court challenges, the people won't abide by it. The same people who essentially shot down the REAL ID Act would kill this one as well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast