MA SJC Rules 2nd Ammendment Does Not Apply To States!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA SJC Rules 2nd Ammendment Does Not Apply To States!

MA SJC Rules 2nd Ammendment Does Not Apply To States!

What a travesty! Send Lawyers, Guns & Money! We need help here in Massachusetts....We need Attorney Gura to take this on emergency appeal to SCOTUS! Massachusetts SJC rules 2nd Amendment does not apply to states | SouthCoastToday.com

Based on this decision, we citizens should be extremely worried this morning...if the 2nd Ammendement does not apply to States, does that also mean the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc....also no longer apply??? God Save Us!!!

First, the decision merely follows existing decisions of the SCUTUS.

Second, in about 90 days the SCOTUS will tell us if it is reversing its prior rulings on the state issue.

Third Nathaniel Depina was stopped and question by police while they were investigating a shooting in the neighborhood. He fit the description of the shooter and he tried to dispose of his weapon when the police approached him. Not exactly the poster boy we want for the 2nd Amendment fight.

But the case raises and interesting question. If you were on the jury in this case would you have exercised jury nullification?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    First, the decision merely follows existing decisions of the SCUTUS.

Second, in about 90 days the SCOTUS will tell us if it is reversing its prior rulings on the state issue.

Third Nathaniel Depina was stopped and question by police while they were investigating a shooting in the neighborhood. He fit the description of the shooter and he tried to dispose of his weapon when the police approached him. Not exactly the poster boy we want for the 2nd Amendment fight.

But the case raises and interesting question. If you were on the jury in this case would you have exercised jury nullification?
    Perhaps not a "poster child".....but....is that guilt by skin color, by association or guilt beyond reasonable doubt? I totally disagree that the 2nd Ammendment does not apply to states.

Let me get this straight. 3/4 of the states (at the time) voted for the bill of rights yet it doesn't apply to them??? I suppose you're saying that the states were telling the Feds hands-off in the 2A. If that's the case why did they use the term "the right of the people..."? They could have worded it "the right of the states to regulate..."
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Let me get this straight. 3/4 of the states (at the time) voted for the bill of rights yet it doesn't apply to them??? I suppose you're saying that the states were telling the Feds hands-off in the 2A. If that's the case why did they use the term "the right of the people..."? They could have worded it "the right of the states to regulate..."
    Amen to that! Liberals suck....I am so sick of how they keep bastardizing our rights in this country. It's time we rise up together and fix it!

let me ask again - if you were on the jury and the judge instructed you that the 2a defense was invalid as a matter of law, would you exercise your jury nullification power and vote acquittal anyway?

SCOTUS will decide this per the Chicago case in about 90 days or less. I think they will decide against Chicago, and Massachusetts won't have a case. The Constitution applies to all of us citizens, no matter which state we live in.
    -= Piece Corps =-

I don't like the idea of convicted felons being able to gain easy access to arms. I also dislike the government, both local and federal being too much in my business regarding my right to keep and bear arms.

I'm gonna get hell for this...
    Ok Background check, Yup Ok fine, make sure I've not killed or assaulted anyone and been convicted of such an offense, or make sure my finger prints were not all over a murder scene, or perhaps that court ordered stay in the psych ward did me some good... I get that need for some review. If it's gonna be a state law thing than give it to one organization in the state. Don't have one police chief that issues them if the person meets all the criteria and have another that says no to all the applications... That's crap...

Don't tell me how many rounds I can have in the magazine, don't tell me this gun or that gun is not on the AG's list so sorry can't have it here in MA...Things like that..

Ok give me hell...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I don't like the idea of convicted felons being able to gain easy access to arms. I also dislike the government, both local and federal being too much in my business regarding my right to keep and bear arms.

Ok Background check, Yup Ok fine, make sure I've not killed or assaulted anyone and been convicted of such an offense, or make sure my finger prints were not all over a murder scene, or perhaps that court ordered stay in the psych ward did me some good... I get that need for some review. If it's gonna be a state law thing than give it to one organization in the state. Don't have one police chief that issues them if the person meets all the criteria and have another that says no to all the applications... That's crap...

Don't tell me how many rounds I can have in the magazine, don't tell me this gun or that gun is not on the AG's list so sorry can't have it here in MA...Things like that..

Ok give me hell...
    No hell to give you....I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

Ok give me hell...
    I'll bite, I'll be the devils advocate. If you are a pure Constitutionalists then the Constitution has no provision for denying anyone the right to bear arms. Saying that I do believe it's societies benefit to have those rights curtailed for those that do not conform to social norms. Having said that I do believe that there are some that made mistakes early in life and sometimes even later in life that truly learned their lesson. Under case by case scrutiny I think those individual should have their rights restored. I also feel that some scumbags out their that never learned a thing about their actions should have their right to breath terminated asap!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast