Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10 - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10

1. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a real problem with a guilty conscience seeing as how you are reading a lot into what everyone said but hey if it makes you feel better don't let the truth stand in you way. I think instead of believing God made man in his image you think scripture says you can make God in you image.
    The Bible says that homosexuality is an "abomination"... Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination"

However, the Bible also says this: Romans 3:10, 23 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one...For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Then this: Romans 5:8 "But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" and Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord", and finaly this Romans 10:9 "That if thoushalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

I defy anyone here to make a Biblical case for focusing on a person's particuler behavior/sinsmore so than their state of salvation. It is UNIMPORTANT. We are ALL OF US sinners! The ONLY thing that matters is that each of us makses a personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and accepts Him as out personal Lord and Saviour. Then Holy Spirit will "clean house" and deal with whatever issues the person has. Our job is to show love and lead others to Jesus, and to let HIM take care of the details of a person's behavior, sexuality, etc.

Peace.

TFO
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 1
    24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

God will forgive any and all sins You first have to confess them as sin, ask forgivness and then here is the key word. repent He can and will forgive even murder if a person truly repents however you can't come to God and keep on murdering.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I just ordered this today.

I am going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    The Bible says that homosexuality is an "abomination"... Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination"
    I defy anyone here to make a Biblical case for focusing on a person's particuler behavior/sinsmore so than their state of salvation. a person's behavior, sexuality, etc.

Peace.

TFO
    I'll sum it up in one word...REPENT.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'll sum it up in one word...REPENT.
    The book of Leviticus also prescribes a diet.

How many of you christian crusaders are having a ham for easter?

How many of you religious republicans took the wifey out for a shrimp, or lobster dinner?

Enjoy the dinner's with your family. However if you are going to do it right, you have to follow all the rules, not just the fun ones.

You all are making my point for me.....
    The bible says this, the bible says that....
    It's just a book, you can interpret it ANY way you want....
    If we actually lived as the bible tells us to, everyone would be dead.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    iceman, I am NOT a fan of Jesus. I am His follower...He is my Savior. I find your last two posts insulting to the Son of God, who died for the sins of the world...yours and mine included. I will pray for you but have decided to add you to my "ignore list", because it pains me to see you engage in such blasphemy at your own peril.

I'm with you Mom, & HK.

Matthew 7:6...Do not give what is holy to dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

Too many complaints, closing this thread.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910