Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98

Thread: Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, including the author of the above piece. So here's mine: Get OFF your knees, stand up and be heard. Praying does nothing, never has, never will. Don't believe me? Ask yourself this question. When is the last time you saw an amputated arm grow back? I'm going to go with never. I'm also quite sure that over the course of history, there have been many millions of prayers sent to the lord for that very request. Why doesn't he answer their prayers? Because he doesn't exist.

    Stand up, be heard, call your congressmen, your senators, do SOMETHING other than wasting time on your knees.

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln
    I find your quotation of Abraham Lincoln ironic as historically no single individual perverted the Constitution more then Abraham Lincoln; spend a few hours pontificating on his numerous unconstitutional executive orders and speeches to mislead the people of his day into believing that the Civil War was about slavery...

    I too respect your opinion, while it is not my own...
    Although, I am a man of action, and prefer being proactive to reactive, and I believe that the time is long over for closet conservatism...

    I feel we must do both; meaning prayer and taking action on a daily basis...

    I am one for preferring to die on my feet then on my knees, and given the choice that is how it will be; and for those that refuse to take the existence of a higher being that listens & responds to prayer on faith alone; ponder this...
    What does it hurt to say that prayer anyway?

    Bottom line...

    IF we do nothing, we can only say we did NOTHING...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  2.   
  3. #12
    Amen.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    I thought this web site was about open and concealed carry. Not about, Barry, and his health care. Not about God, or prayer.

    I don't care for the direction this website is going.

    People are entiltled to their opnions, please don't beat them down for having one other then yours.

    Ok, if we are going to talk about God, what kind of firearm does he carry, and is it open or concealed?

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I thought this web site was about open and concealed carry. Not about, Barry, and his health care. Not about God, or prayer.

    I don't care for the direction this website is going.

    People are entiltled to their opnions, please don't beat them down for having one other then yours.

    Ok, if we are going to talk about God, what kind of firearm does he carry, and is it open or concealed?
    The website also includes "2nd Amendment and Politics" and "Off Topic", where many issues besides open and concealed carry are discussed. To many of us, politics and faith are intertwined, one reason being the Judeo-Christian heritage of the Founding Fathers, evidenced in their writings, and in the history of our country and its governance.

    I do agree the people should not be beat down for having other opinions.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    The website also includes "2nd Amendment and Politics" and "Off Topic", where many issues besides open and concealed carry are discussed. To many of us, politics and faith are intertwined, one reason being the Judeo-Christian heritage of the Founding Fathers, evidenced in their writings, and in the history of our country and its governance.

    I do agree the people should not be beat down for having other opinions.
    Why not? We get beaten up regularly for the type or caliber of gun? What a bunch of sissies!
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

  7. #16
    Don't think anyone really got beat down. If you or anyone chooses not to believe in God that is your prerogative. If the mention of God bothers anyone they do not have to join in. Those of us that have faith in God that is our prerogative. As for those of us that have a real problem with the Usurper then that too is our prerogative. He is not my president. I did not vote for the traitor.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I thought this web site was about open and concealed carry. Not about, Barry, and his health care. Not about God, or prayer.

    I don't care for the direction this website is going.

    People are entiltled to their opnions, please don't beat them down for having one other then yours.

    Ok, if we are going to talk about God, what kind of firearm does he carry, and is it open or concealed?
    King James Bible
    Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    As I stated before...

    You might want to rethink that...

    YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

    YouTube - United Nations and the Global gun ban

    U.N. Global Poverty Act, Containing a Global Gun Ban Introduced by Jr. Senator from Illinois Barack Obama...
    S. 2433 [110th]: Global Poverty Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

    House Vote On Anti-gun ObamaCare Scheduled

    ObamaCare and anything about the Usurper in Chief is ultimately anti-Second Amendment and Anti-Constitution...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    The website also includes "2nd Amendment and Politics" and "Off Topic", where many issues besides open and concealed carry are discussed. To many of us, politics and faith are intertwined, one reason being the Judeo-Christian heritage of the Founding Fathers, evidenced in their writings, and in the history of our country and its governance.

    I do agree the people should not be beat down for having other opinions.
    +1. Anyone that wants to think there is no God that is their right. If anyone doesn't think we just happened to be here because of some unproven evolution or big ban then that is our right also.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Our entire church prayed about this today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, including the author of the above piece. So here's mine: Get OFF your knees, stand up and be heard. Praying does nothing, never has, never will. Don't believe me? Ask yourself this question. When is the last time you saw an amputated arm grow back? I'm going to go with never. I'm also quite sure that over the course of history, there have been many millions of prayers sent to the lord for that very request. Why doesn't he answer their prayers? Because he doesn't exist.

    Stand up, be heard, call your congressmen, your senators, do SOMETHING other than wasting time on your knees.
    Prayer helps with everything both seen and unseen. I would submit to you the examples of George Washington praying before battles, Records of the first Continental Congress opening and closing with prayer...etc. if you do not want to pray...You don't have to...but please respect those of us that do. You see the first amendment is all about freedom of SPEECH, RELIGION, and PRESS. It is not about freedom from religion. I respect your choice...please respect mine!

    I have called all my elected officials. I have written all my elected officials. I placed a call to a higher authority as well.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Prayer helps with everything both seen and unseen. I would submit to you the examples of George Washington praying before battles, Records of the first Continental Congress opening and closing with prayer...etc. if you do not want to pray...You don't have to...but please respect those of us that do. You see the first amendment is all about freedom of SPEECH, RELIGION, and PRESS. It is not about freedom from religion. I respect your choice...please respect mine!

    I have called all my elected officials. I have written all my elected officials. I placed a call to a higher authority as well.
    I have a friend who is a Muslim who is praying to his God that the bill passes.

    If his prayers work, then what?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast