Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10 - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Last-Minute Prayer for 3-21-10

Like I said before, I didn't attack anyone. I presented for "example" the different marches and rallies of groups known to have drawn the attention of the country, in extremely large numbers to make their voices heard. If Bree is so much into giving history lessons then she shouldn't ignore the fact that her community/group is one of those facts of history I mentioned. I guess because the blacks, illegal immigrants, etc. that have also marched/rallied in extremely large numbers in a show of unity and strength to acquire their goals should also be offended when these historical facts are presented? I'll say it again, it's BS.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I will weigh in here. Scripture teaches us as Christians to love the sinner but to abhore the sin. If I know someone that is living in adultry I don't hate them but I don't condone the sin either. Do I believe that someone is born a homosexual. Of course not. Does scripture indicate it is a sin. Yes. What is my dudty as a Christian? Love them, pray for them but accept it as normal. Absolutly not.
    HK4u, perhaps you may wish to read this.
    Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The explanation for why some people are homosexual are, like the bases of sexual orientation in general, still poorly understood, and attempts to understand it have been somewhat hampered historically by misinformation and prejudice,[19] such as the once widely held view that homosexuality is a negative thing, and either the product of abnormal environmental influences, or an immoral "choice". The now longstanding consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality per se is an example of normal and positive variation in human sexual orientation.[20] The current literature and most scholars in the field state that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice; that is, individuals do not choose to be homosexual or heterosexual. There is, moreover, no scientific evidence that parenting, sexual abuse, other adverse life events, or early childhood experiences influence sexual orientation.[21][22] Historically, efforts to change sexual orientation were fruitless or damaging, and because the professional consensus is that homosexuality is an expression of normal human variation, then the possibility and need for change is seen as unwarranted. None have sanctioned efforts to change sexual orientation and most have policy statements, directed at professionals and the public, advising caution in relation to treatments claiming to change sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    HK4u, perhaps you may wish to read this.
    Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The explanation for why some people are homosexual are, like the bases of sexual orientation in general, still poorly understood, and attempts to understand it have been somewhat hampered historically by misinformation and prejudice,[19] such as the once widely held view that homosexuality is a negative thing, and either the product of abnormal environmental influences, or an immoral "choice". The now longstanding consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality per se is an example of normal and positive variation in human sexual orientation.[20] The current literature and most scholars in the field state that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice; that is, individuals do not choose to be homosexual or heterosexual. There is, moreover, no scientific evidence that parenting, sexual abuse, other adverse life events, or early childhood experiences influence sexual orientation.[21][22] Historically, efforts to change sexual orientation were fruitless or damaging, and because the professional consensus is that homosexuality is an expression of normal human variation, then the possibility and need for change is seen as unwarranted. None have sanctioned efforts to change sexual orientation and most have policy statements, directed at professionals and the public, advising caution in relation to treatments claiming to change sexual orientation.
    Thanks but no thanks. I get my info on the subject from scripture not the liberal wikipedia
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    its called be thankful
    We should never be thankful when evil comes. Just thankful that even when an evil person is in charge that he is only temporary where God is forever. God did not put this evil person in office. Just like the Hebrew children that would not listen to him he allows our country to reap what it sews.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I have a friend who is a Muslim who is praying to his God that the bill passes.

If his prayers work, then what?
    That's an easy one, and if you knew anything about God you wouldn't have to ask. Romans 1:28..as they had refused full knowledge of God, so it was to utterly worthless (reprobate/depraved) minds that God gave them up, for them to do things which should not be done. Only worthless minds would pray to a mythical Satanic moon god. And only worthless minds refuse knowledge of God. Considering that America has refused full knowledge of God, HE allowed worthless minds to do which should not be done, like elect Obama. Same with the Health Care Bill, a thing which should not be done. And just like HK said, God will allow our country to reap what it sews. America has sewn to the wind, and now America is reaping the whirlwind.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

When the Bible teaches, quite emphatically in BOTH the Old and New Testaments, that homosexuality is "an abomination to the Lord", it is NOT judgmental to call it a sin. To do so is only to agree with God! Except for Jesus, everyone who has ever lived has broken atleast one of the Ten Commandments and, in doing so, has sinned. God doesn't hate the sinner ONLY the sin, that's why He sent His Son to die for ALL of us. If Jesus, who is sinless, loves the sinner, how can I not do likewise. But, on the other hand, if God abhors the sin, can I testify to it's being "normal and accepted behavior"? Absolutely not.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    When the Bible teaches, quite emphatically in BOTH the Old and New Testaments, that homosexuality is "an abomination to the Lord", it is NOT judgmental to call it a sin. To do so is only to agree with God! Except for Jesus, everyone who has ever lived has broken atleast one of the Ten Commandments and, in doing so, has sinned. God doesn't hate the sinner ONLY the sin, that's why He sent His Son to die for ALL of us. If Jesus, who is sinless, loves the sinner, how can I not do likewise. But, on the other hand, if God abhors the sin, can I testify to it's being "normal and accepted behavior"? Absolutely not.

+1. Very well put.

Ok I think we have got off the track of what we are all fighting for, I did not intend for a religious inquisition to take place I was only defending my position and the misplaced blame on my community for President Obama's dictoral edict on healthcare.
    Ringo who I am was no more a choice than your being heterosexual, just because I love another woman does not make me evil or misguided, I am a loving and compasionate woman who has fought tirelessly for suicide prevention so no one else has to bury a loved like I did, I travel the country speaking to middle, high schools, colleges and universities on brining an end to this terrible epidemic, so do not judge me don't you dare!!!! Iceman thank you so much for coming to my aide and defense you are a prince among men, I just wish more men were like you. Now to to the matter at hand, we have a common enemy in Washington and instead of judging me and those like me we need to band together and end this travesty of justice that has been brought on our nation, accept me; don't accept me but damn it you will respect me, I paid my dues to my nation with my sacrifice of 14 years of my life in the service of my nation so Ringo and anyone else who wants to judge me, be mindful that I served so you have that right.....do not forget that!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mibountyhuntress View Post
    Ok I think wee have got off the track of what we are all fighting for, I did not intend for a religious inquisition to take place I was only defending my position and the misplaced blame on my community for President Obama's dictoral edict on healthcare.
    Ringo who I am was no more a choice than your position of heterosexual, just because I love another woman does not make me evil or misguided, I am a loving and compasionate woman who has fought tirelessly for suicide prevention so no one else has to bury a loved like I did, I travel the country speaking to middle, high schools, colleges and universities on brining an end to this terrible epidemic, so do not judge me don't you dare!!!! Iceman thank you so much for coming to my aide and defense you are a prince among men, I just wish more men were like you. Now to to the matter at hand, we have a common enemy in Washington and instead of judging me and those like me we need to band together and end this travesty of justice that has been brought on our nation, accept me don't accept me but damn it you will respect me, I paid my duties to my nation with my sacrifice of 14 years of my life in the service of my nation so Ringo and anyone else who wants to judge me, be mindful that I served so you have that right.....do not forget that!!!!!!!!
    No inquisition. As you, we were all just stating what we believe. As far as a common enemy in Washington that is one thing we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. Very well put.
    I thought you might enjoy this:

One can only assume that during his lifetime on earth, Jesus must have encountered gays, and lesbians. I am sure he treated them with the same love he treated everyone. I do not accept, nor do I approve any scripture that subscribes,and inflames intolerance, or hate.
    Face it people. You can not pray Gay away. It is not a choice. This is 2010. Wake up.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast