Domino Effect, Civil War II - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Domino Effect, Civil War II

1. OK, I think we all agree, the SOB has to go, NOW. What can we do? I have already changed my W4 to 8 withholdings, what else can we do?
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I am investing in precious metals at this time. My precious metals of choice are LEAD and BRASS. About 10,000 rounds and counting.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

4. Quote Originally Posted by dvnfly View Post
    I talked to a 80 year old retired Air Force Col over the weekend. The old crusty fighter type guy most of us would love to talk to and he brought up a great point. This country already survived a Jimmy Carter liberal president and we'll survive this one as well. I was 10 when Carter lost office so I don't remember anything about it but from what he says it's pretty much the same thing different agenda, both liberal. We'll get through this but we have to work harder then we should for our way of life to survive.
    I guess I have a different and more pessimistic view of Obama. Carter was ignorant (naive), but had a moral component to his make-up, based on his belief system and rearing in a Baptist Church. Obama is naive, but my impression is that he is a narcissistic sociopath who believes that any means justifies the end. In addition, Obama's first few formative years were spent in a Muslim country. Added on to all of that is the fact that Obama came to his political position in Chicago, Illinois where one is taught the "Chicago Way". I think Obama is so in love with himself, that he will see any victory as a mandate to move the country further and further away from the Constitution. I sure hope your friend is right and I am way wrong on this one.

I think this may usher in Civil War II.

You may be right.
    But first the states have to go before the Senate or SCOTUS to get obamacare repelled or ruled illegal.
    But that takes time, and by then the short memory of the American population will have forgot what was going on and say "Oh well" just like they forgot what his promises were that got him elected. Remember "Change in how the gov. works, no more closed door politics"

6. Quote Originally Posted by Skywarrior View Post

You may be right.
    But first the states have to go before the Senate or SCOTUS to get obamacare repelled or ruled illegal.
    But that takes time, and by then the short memory of the American population will have forgot what was going on and say "Oh well" just like they forgot what his promises were that got him elected. Remember "Change in how the gov. works, no more closed door politics"
    The problem is, even is the republicans take over congress in november, they still can't do anything until Obama is out of the white house in january 2013, because he will veto anything congress passes.

Now that the Dems have seen that they can pass ANYTHING without regard for the will of the people, there is very little to stop them fro mdoing all manner of crazy things- legalizing immigrants from Mexico, letting terrorists attack our country, even remove the second Amendment from our country.

I really think this country is heading for CW2 (Civil War II).

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

7. Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    We got through Jimmy Carter because the Dems didn't have total control of DC. Jimmy didn't have both houses of congress in lock-step. Jimmy didn't have George Sorros. Jimmy didn't have ACORN. But hey, he did have a birth certificate.
    Hell, Obama's dog has more papers than he does.

tfo

Quote Originally Posted by Skywarrior View Post

You may be right.
    Skywarrior, I really don't think that the American people are going to forget this time. As Obamacare begins to impact all of our lives NOW and hits us full force in 2014, it will become more and more apparent what evil this man and Congress have conceived. I believe that, as time goes by and the progressive agenda begins to hurt the middle class financially, via increased taxes and fees, Obama's unConstitutional intentions for this nation will become very transparent. Hopefully, this "awakening" will occur before it's too late to take back our beloved Constitutional Republic without bloodshed!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Skywarrior, I really don't think that the American people are going to forget this time. As Obamacare begins to impact all of our lives NOW and hits us full force in 2014, it will become more and more apparent what evil this man and Congress have conceived. I believe that, as time goes by and the progressive agenda begins to hurt the middle class financially, via increased taxes and fees, Obama's unConstitutional intentions for this nation will become very transparent. Hopefully, this "awakening" will occur before it's too late to take back our beloved Constitutional Republic without bloodshed!

The problem is that as you pointed out, most of the bitterness in this sugar-coated pill will not be tasted until AFTER the Islamic Usurper has (possibly) been re-elected. Do everyone understand how clever and insidious this is, and what a vicious bunch of people we are fighting against? Opinions are no longer enough, they must lead to action, both prayer and political activism.

tfo

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    The problem is that as you pointed out, most of the bitterness in this sugar-coated pill will not be tasted until AFTER the Islamic Usurper has (possibly) been re-elected. Do everyone understand how clever and insidious this is, and what a vicious bunch of people we are fighting against? Opinions are no longer enough, they must lead to action, both prayer and political activism.

tfo
    Completely agree. I think originally the health reform was supposed to take effect in 2013 but now its 2014 well after whoever is reelected. My fear is that this douche bag is going to pull some slick deals to make his popularity rise again to inauguration approval ratings. don't know what that is though.

These types of comments are actually part of the problem.

First, Obama isn't a usurper. Second, he isn't a Muslim (never was). And third, he has a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii which makes him eligible for the presidency according to the Constitution. I'm not going to argue that because that is fact. You can see the document online with a simple google search.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

The problem isn't that there is a liberal in office, or that liberals control the legislative branch of government. Hell, conservatives had control most of the time with George Bush Jr., and spending was insanely high with a major loss of personal liberties and freedoms along with an erosion of law. Obama is just continuing the trend. He's not worse than GWB - he essentially is GWB's third term.

The problem is "we the people". When the PATRIOT Act came around, we should have all been up in arms about it, forcing government to back off. When the bailouts happened, we should have, at least, demanded that regulations come with them to stop this economic free-fall from ever happening again. If you want to go back in time, we should have fought against the switch from gold and silver backed currency to fiat currency, backed up by nothing more than shady dealings by big bankers. We should have fought against illegally giving control of our money supply to the Federal Reserve, a private banking group (we still could right this wrong, but we won't).

So it isn't a question of those in government screwing things up. "We The People" elected these idiots. And instead of holding them accountable and demanding real change, we sit back and watch Survivor and fight amongst ourselves over trivial matters.

If a new civil war does break out, I would blame the people as a whole - myself included.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast