Obamacare passes the house 220 to 211 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare passes the house 220 to 211

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    So how is the government forcing me to buy health insurance going to all of the sudden make the (MONEY I STILL DO NOT HAVE) pop out of my ass?
    They're not. The insurance comes outta your pay just like FICA and state taxes - before you ever see it, so you don't have a choice in the matter. Figure state and fed and other tax takes 15% of your gross, gubmint health care is gonna take another 12%, so unless you are too sorry to work, you can figure on taking home about 60-70% of your gross. Them illegals and baby-mama and baby-daddy gots to have 'shoance. And you're gonna pay for it.

3. Now that the Liberals got what they wanted, I pray they dont get what they deserve.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

I don't quite understand this whole Gov-ment insurance thing.
    What about the blond haired, blue eyed American born citizens, who are unemployed, or underemployed, who develop a heath condition, and are unable to pay for medical care.

What about them?

Because they lack $$ or access to a free clinic, do we allow them to suffer, and sometimes, die?

Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    What about the blond haired, blue eyed American born citizens, who are unemployed, or underemployed, who develop a heath condition, and are unable to pay for medical care.

What about them?

Because they lack $$ or access to a free clinic, do we allow them to suffer, and sometimes, die?

Help me out here.
    The number of un-insured in this country could have easily been taken care of w/o this massive bill. Let's assume there are 50,000,000 uninsured (taking the highest number floated, which I know is bogus). We could have taken $50,000,000, invested in a fixed income, safe investment, and paid health insurance premiums for them forever.

Iceman, you need to realize this bill was NOT about health care reform.
    Last edited by JJFlash; 03-22-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: to foster peace among patriots
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Barry O is doing just fine. I know they call it health care but it is a wonderful job stimulus package. They are ready to hire 16,000 new IRS agents, just to make sure you pay for your "free" medical!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Barry O is doing just fine. I know they call it health care but it is a wonderful job stimulus package. They are ready to hire 16,000 new IRS agents, just to make sure you pay for your "free" medical!
    Yes that really makes me feel better.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. It's about control

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

What about them?

Help me out here.
    theicemanmpls,

While there are many individuals who don’t have health insurance none go without care and treatment when needed. EMTALA requires “hospitals that receive federal assistance, maintain charitable nonprofit tax status, or participate in Medicare are prevented from denying emergency treatment based solely on an individual's inability to pay.”

And the number of uninsured has been seriously over inflated. During the 2008 presidential campaign the number was 47 million. Last year the number changed to 36 then 30 million, why? An analysis of these numbers showed an interesting breakdown, roughly 20% of the uninsured chose to not purchase health insurance even though they had money to do so with incomes over $75000. These are young, healthy adults who choose not to spend money on health insurance because they are…healthy. Another 25% of the uninsured are illegals and you can debate whether they should be receiving benefits. Another group of uninsured are those between jobs who (at the time) would likely again be employed and receiving health benefits in 90-120 days or are eligible for some type of government aid.

The rest of the uninsured group are those who can’t afford to purchase insurance and that number is likely less than 12 million. Breakdown of the Uninsured - Health Care Reform - James E. Risch, U.S. Senator for Idaho

If health insurance costs are really the issue why hasn’t there been an attempt to actually reform health insurance practices rather than just attempt to take control of the medical industry. Ann Coulter had a great article last week explaining what reform could look like in a free market system, changes that have been talked about for years but our elected officials (lawyers) don’t want any part of. This bill is all about government control of our lives.

More people sucking on the Government sow, more votes for Democrats and Rino's, more social programs, more votes for Democrats and Rino's. Does anyone see a pattern here?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

10. Wait until they make all the illegals into citizens with a wave of the magic Obamawand. Or maybe another illegal Executive Order. Then he'll have 20 million more eager beavers to vote for him again. Language is no barrier - surely they translate our voting rules, pamphlets and machines into 50 different languages so the people who come here, legally or illegally, can stay ignorant of our culture, heritage, history, and language.

We have to toss out every one of those incumbent doghumpers who made this happen over the LOUD protests of a significant majority of the people. We, THE PEOPLE. Those idiots work for us. At our consent. They are supposed to REPRESENT THEIR ELECTORATE, not resent their electorate. Do your jobs as the bosses of these people, people - fire them in November and send them home. And don't hire anybody new until you're sure they'll remember who signs their paychecks. Because we do - every one of us.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

This piece of garbage in the whitehouse has just started. He will executive order everything and anything making congress, citizens and the supreme court distant memories. Welcome to the new era of fascist american dictatorship. I love my country and I respect our military (except for the wussie generals who allowed a Ft Hood because of PC) but I abhor, detest, loathe, resent, and execrate everything about this piece of garbage and every democrat who went along with this abomination.
    I now have an upside down flag on the front of my property with a mock up of a tombstone--RIP USA. Not much else we can do at this time except wait for November and throw every single democrat out on their asses.If we do not, as some have already said, be ready for the brownshirts (all he has to do is buy brownshirts and give firearms to SEIU and ACORN member), the wrist tatoos and the cattle cars to the camps in Idaho. I wish this bunch of traitors nothing but yada yada yada.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast