• $1500

2 2.78%
  • $2000

4 5.56%
  • $5000

2 2.78%
  • $10000

0 0%
  • $Whatever it takes I'lltake out a second mortgage.

1 1.39%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)?

This smells like the "How much would you pay to be an ordained minister and never have to pay tax again" scheme. On the surface it looked like it met the requirements of the law. The courts tore it apart. And several people promoting it are now convicted felons.

It was a BS thread on CGN, and it's a BS thread here. If one were to try this you can be certain there'd be a media outcry and the whole thing would be brought to a halt by some Federal Agency (using brand new made-up regulations if necessary) and we'd be left where we were with negative public opinion.

That means this will probably become another 'thread that will not die' on USA Carry and people will necropost here 5 years from now.

IOW: SNAFU
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

You mean this is another "fake posting"? So many out there.
    However, I should add that back in the day, tricky **** made the king an official agent of the drug enforcement administration. It didn't do much good, cause you remember what happened to the drug abusing king when he was on his private throne and was straining to relieve himself of a heavy load? " Lord a mighty, Im all plugged up"

The amount paid for this "permit" should be equal to administration fees - period,
    This should not be a money making scheme for the govt.
    Butt I see CA is willing to do most anything to bring in revenue.
    Leagalize pot ???
    Last edited by spike; 03-29-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: sp

6. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    You must be certified by bonafide law enforcement agency. Smells like scam to me.
    Correct. Just because a big city has different standards for what constitutes a Law Enforcement Officer than a rural small town in the middle of America, doesn't mean that the Sheriff of that small town is not in any way a Law Enforcement officer for the purpose of HR 218. On the contrary, he is a LEO. There are still places in the U.S. where you can become a deputy simply by applying for the job and that would make you a valid LEO.
    Furthermore, some states don't even require you to be a resident in order to be employed by one of the law enforcement agencies in that state. Think of a New York police officer who lives outside the city in New Jersey.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    It was a BS thread on CGN... That means this will probably become another 'thread that will not die' on USA Carry and people will necropost here 5 years from now.IOW: SNAFU
    With all due respect, have you read all 101 pages of the thread on Calguns.net? I can understand how you would come to that conclusion if you only thread the first few pages. If you read further, you'll see that this proposal is gaining traction and is far from dead. There are a couple state legislators from Montana who are receptive to this idea.

Reserve Officer!

I've read this article not to long ago.

Here's a snippet:
    "In short, what happens is this: a wealthy New Yorker, with a need to carry a gun in NY (and other states, such as when he visits NJ or DC, two places where permits are impossible) finds a financially-strapped small-town police department in some other state, like Alaska for example. The wealthy New Yorker buys the town's PD a new Crown Vic, or makes a donation of some kind.

The police chief then gives the wealthy New Yorker credentials as a "reserve" officer, which do not have any powers of arrest, or any duties, but do qualify as a "law enforcement officer" under HR218. (Remember, every state has various "reserve" officer statutes, and many states have no training requirements at all for those "reserve" officers.) At that point, the chief is happy to have a new Crown Vic, and the New Yorker is happy that he has a permit which lets him possess and carry in every state and exempts him from NY's asinine restrictions (magazine capacity and so on). And it's all "stealth": his reserve officer status is not a public record anywhere."

Maybe Goldman's bankers are getting guns after all (and even if they aren't, man, this shadowy carry-permits-for-the-rich thing is scary) - UPDATED Boing Boing

Of course this could spell trouble if the person actually used the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1500 View Post
    With all due respect, have you read all 101 pages of the thread on Calguns.net? I can understand how you would come to that conclusion if you only thread the first few pages. If you read further, you'll see that this proposal is gaining traction and is far from dead. There are a couple state legislators from Montana who are receptive to this idea.
    Fair enough. When I log onto CGN, I use the "New Posts" button to get an overview of what's happening. While I have not read the thread in detail, I have kept up. A lot of things get a lot of 'traction' in a lot of places, but don't go anywhere in the real world. Should this be attempted, I'd be amazed if it did not lead to outcry, controversy, and a new spate of regulations. Note that I think further regulations on police and their 'special' status is not a bad idea.

What we need is a government, at all levels, that obeys the Constitution and recognizes the rights of the citizens. The Second Amendment is not an exception.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

sounds like complete b/s to me. How about we just buy FBI credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    sounds like complete b/s to me. How about we just buy FBI credentials?
    Don't those come free with the rental of the Lincoln Bedroom?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast