• $1500

2 2.78%
  • $2000

4 5.56%
  • $5000

2 2.78%
  • $10000

0 0%
  • $Whatever it takes I'lltake out a second mortgage.

1 1.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)?

I would love to have a CCP that is good throughout the entire country...as it should be.
    Hope that can be done without giving up more rights, freedom and privacy.

Ok, perhaps you’re new to this whole gun carry thing’. Having been a LEO back when I was still wet behind the ears, I too thought is was the crown jewel of professions’. Sadly, I realized it was a lot of hard blue-collar work and it was very thankless. Overzealous supervisors, defense attorneys, judges, and the public at large were constantly on my back. Having recently served in the military I thought I would blend right in. In fact, I actually believed the whole ‘helping people’ thing too! Little did I know, the occupation was largely a farce, and those ‘credentials’ were not all that glorifying. A private citizen had more latitude than I did when it came to the law. Sure, I carried a badge, and I.D., but it was a big responsibility and there is no way I would want that crap ever again.
    Credentials? I would much rather have a California Concealed Weapons permit.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

[QUOTE=
    , and those ‘credentials’ were not all that glorifying. A private citizen had more latitude than I did when it came to the law. Sure, I carried a badge, and I.D., but it was a big responsibility and there is no way I would want that crap ever again.

QUOTE]

So your saying the downside to being a "Honorary Deputy" would carry rights of the criminals and or citizens issues on your actions ?
    Same scrutiny that a LEO would encounter ?

IN other words more so than just acting as a citzen yourself.

i guess i read this differently than most...my take away from the question is how much would you pay for a permit to concealed carry in all 50 states, afterall, i think that is the end point, atleast how i read it. nobody is trying to be a pretend police officer, nor do most people even want to be. i guess i read the question as the ends to the means rather than strictly at face value.
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Ok, perhaps you’re new to this whole gun carry thing’. Having been a LEO back when I was still wet behind the ears, I too thought is was the crown jewel of professions’. Sadly, I realized it was a lot of hard blue-collar work and it was very thankless. Overzealous supervisors, defense attorneys, judges, and the public at large were constantly on my back. Having recently served in the military I thought I would blend right in. In fact, I actually believed the whole ‘helping people’ thing too! Little did I know, the occupation was largely a farce, and those ‘credentials’ were not all that glorifying. A private citizen had more latitude than I did when it came to the law. Sure, I carried a badge, and I.D., but it was a big responsibility and there is no way I would want that crap ever again.
    Credentials? I would much rather have a California Concealed Weapons permit.
    Regards,
    You bring up a point that so may times it just appears that the majority (I know it is not the majority but seems that way sometimes) of people running around with their 1911's of Glocks on the hipa an theri AR-15 in their trunks just want to play cops and robbers or army like theycdid as kids but this time with real guns. How many of us actually long to be in the old west where the sheriff deputizes a posse, heads out to catch the bad guy and give anyone permission to shoot at will. I see too much of this grandious talk and wanting all the rights of LEO or all the playthings of the army but none of the responsibilities of them. I know I am exaggerating some but how many of those wanting to have the right to wear a gun at all times can actually handle the responsibility of carrying the gun. The fellow playing with his gun in Wal-Mart finally shooting a hole in the ceiling is a prime example of this and no I don't believe he was a Brady plant He was just someone who got caught up in his fantasy of being a cop and getting to play with his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    You bring up a point that so may times it just appears that the majority (I know it is not the majority but seems that way sometimes) of people running around with their 1911's of Glocks on the hipa an theri AR-15 in their trunks just want to play cops and robbers or army like theycdid as kids but this time with real guns. How many of us actually long to be in the old west where the sheriff deputizes a posse, heads out to catch the bad guy and give anyone permission to shoot at will. I see too much of this grandious talk and wanting all the rights of LEO or all the playthings of the army but none of the responsibilities of them. I know I am exaggerating some but how many of those wanting to have the right to wear a gun at all times can actually handle the responsibility of carrying the gun. The fellow playing with his gun in Wal-Mart finally shooting a hole in the ceiling is a prime example of this and no I don't believe he was a Brady plant He was just someone who got caught up in his fantasy of being a cop and getting to play with his gun.
    It's nice that you've found groups to analyze and criticize; I'm sure it gives you something enjoyable to do with your time.

How about those of us that would like to limit the government to obeying the Constitution and wish to see it cease infringing on our Rights?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    i guess i read this differently than most...my take away from the question is how much would you pay for a permit to concealed carry in all 50 states, afterall, i think that is the end point, atleast how i read it. nobody is trying to be a pretend police officer, nor do most people even want to be. i guess i read the question as the ends to the means rather than strictly at face value.
    If the question was would I work to support a move to an all state, all area carry permit (yes I know, it is called the second ammendment), then YES, I would work hard for it, but that is NOT this proposal.

This proposal is to try to subvert the new ability of LEO and Retired LEO to carry all states by looking for loopholes to make non-LEO "qualify" as LEO, or PRETEND POLICE OFFICERS, as you say.

Somewhere a post noted it would take an act of congress to stop the proposal. It took an act of congress to put this new ability into effect in the first place, and I have no doubt that if even one area in this country began issuing "Law Enforcement Credentials" based on "purchase" that the act of congress to repeal HR218 will take only a few days at most.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    ... and I have no doubt that if even one area in this country began issuing "Law Enforcement Credentials" based on "purchase" that the act of congress to repeal HR218 will take only a few days at most.
    I doubt that. I think they would just close some loopholes.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    It's nice that you've found groups to analyze and criticize; I'm sure it gives you something enjoyable to do with your time.

How about those of us that would like to limit the government to obeying the Constitution and wish to see it cease infringing on our Rights?
    I don't think I am criticizing, analyzing or trying to limit the carry of guns or stop the government from obeying the Constitution. I just find that a lot of people talk the same way about their guns that have nothing to do with defending themselves but rather about trying to impress everyone the same way they did as kids playing cops & Robbers, Cowboy & Indians or G I Joe in their back yard. Read the posts when someone tells about an incident they had. They don't say that they afraid that they were going to have to use their gun, they have to tell what brand, model, type of ammo and special sights or grips they have installed on it along with what kind of holster and where they were carrying it on their body. The actual message that they almost had to possibly kill someone get lost in the description of what kind of gun and ammo they were going to use to do the deed.

Then you have the ones that start complaing that they can do the job of a LEO much better than the LEO because they can hit a paper target at 40 yards much better than what is required to satisfy the requiremets of the police academy and that they can quote gun laws more accurately than the average LEO. Given these two qualifications then they should be allowed to carry a gun any where a LEO can. If you thing is being able to carry a gun any where you want to then go through the police academy, learn all the laws on the books, not just that small part of the law about guns, put up with the BS bestowed on you by the public and become a cop. The you can eat doughnuts, sit on your butt and harass law abiding citizens about guns since that is alll they do according to some people.

But then you might want to take a different road and join the military where you can get to carry an real automatic weapon and shoot at real people and learn what it takes to back up the idle talk about what the Constitution of the United States really means. Very few of the ones posting all the complaints about LEO wouldn't last one week as a LEO because they couldn't come close to handling the job of working with the public much less their superiors and the actual laws.

Edited to add. Every time I hear someone say, I would give anything to be able to do something like that person, usually playing a musical intrument or sport or something like that I look at them and say 'That is a damn lie". If you are willing to put in the time and work that they did you can also do it. People want to pay a few bucks and have all the privledges of a LEO or soldier but don't want to put in the time, energy and work to do it. Jst as I said we all want the Sheriff to come around and slap a Deputy badge on us so we can be part of the posse. We don't want to have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    While I'll believe you and that such people exist: I don't think I've ever heard a 'mere citizen' brag about a violent encounter nearly as vociferously as the SuperHero Police Ubermen I've had the 'joy' to listen to.

I've also known a few honest and caring people who have chosen careers in law enforcement who have had unfortunate incidents while working. I can't say I've ever heard one of these brag, or even choose to talk, about these incidents. They will discuss, answer questions, and explain; but they've never, in my presence, glorified the incident.

You're so busy defending your chosen heroes I don't see where you answered my question--it's quoted above.

To be clear: you appear, to me, to be one of those who seem to see some as more deserving than others. I'd remind you that no matter how blue the uniform, how shiny the badge, or the title of the the office -- the Constitution should still apply to limit the actions of the government and its minions (minions is my word and I know what it means).

Edited by NDS for Brevity -- you can read the parts deleted above, just click the little arrow by the name in the quote box.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast