How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)?

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for Law Enforcement Credentials

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0

35 48.61%
  • $100

13 18.06%
  • $500

8 11.11%
  • $1000

7 9.72%
  • $1500

2 2.78%
  • $2000

4 5.56%
  • $5000

2 2.78%
  • $10000

0 0%
  • $Whatever it takes I'lltake out a second mortgage.

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)?

1. How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)?

Hello All:

First post.

EDIT
    Please understand that this would not provide any individual with Full Police powers.
    It would simply allow you to carry concealed legally in all 50 states, similar to arson investigators, fire captains. Arresting powers would be a citizen's arrest and of course you couldn't detain someone beyond the time it takes for Police to arrive and take over.
    END

This is from Calguns.net and applies mostly to Californianians.
    LEO credentials to carry concealed legally in California.

How much would this be worth to you to be able to legally carry concealed in the prk?
    We're trying to find out if this is feasible or not.

$0, $100, $500, $1000, $1500, $2000, $5000, $10000, $whatever it takes

"If you could be legally considered a Law enforcement officer under HR218, and able to carry concealed in any state in the union... how much would it be worth to you?

credentials would be valid over 5 year renewal intervals, after 3 renewal periods you would be eligable for 'retirement' credentials.... and background check etc... and all sundry processing fees would be included..

please vote for the maximum which you would actually pay.

And be honest."

Here's the original link: How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)? - Calguns.net

Thanks.

BS Question.

There is no such thing as "VALID LEO credentials" that are going to be purchased. LEO credentials are earned, issued by a governing body and carry with them certain authority including arrest powers. The thought that somehow you are just going to buy them would obviously water their power down, and I've not seen any loopholes in HR218 that is going to allow some entreprenuer to exploit the law and start selling thefm

If someone were selling these credentials, those purchasing them would be impersonating an officer and I doubt that "but I bought them from a legitimate dealer" is going to help in court so instead the intended purpose of allowing you to carry everywhere the likely result will be not being able to carry anywhere or even own a gun ... it is called a felony conviction.

Yea... Smells like trouble...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. Yup

This can't work out well

Paul

6. First of all, this proposal is 100% in compliance with the wording of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (HR 218) which was signed into law by President Bush in 2004.

A qualified law enforcement officer means an employee of a governmental agency who--

`(1) is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest;

`(2) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;

`(3) is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency;

`(4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;

`(5) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and

`(6) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.
    Some states have little requirements as to what constitutes a law enforcement officer. This is why the words, "if any," were included in the wording of this act.

This proposal would not be considered bribery because the revenues would go directly to the coffers of the city or town that issues these Law Enforcement credentials. The potentially large revenue stream that would come from outside the city's/town's tax base gives them a huge incentive to consider this. All they would have to do is issue a valid Law Enforcement I.D., not a badge. This is important because under HR 218:

"The identification required by this subsection is the photographic identification issued by the governmental agency for which the individual is employed as a law enforcement officer."
    One more important point to note is that there is case law that supports the application of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act: NYC v Rodriguez (which involved a PA Constable carry a firearm in NYC) and NYC v Booth (which involved a NJ Sheriff's Deputy carrying a firearm in NYC). In both cases, HR 218 was cited and all charges against the defendants were dropped.

7. Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    If someone were selling these credentials, those purchasing them would be impersonating an officer and I doubt that "but I bought them from a legitimate dealer" is going to help in court so instead the intended purpose of allowing you to carry everywhere the likely result will be not being able to carry anywhere or even own a gun ... it is called a felony conviction.
    We would not be impersonating Law Enforcement Officers. We would have vaild Law Enforcement credentials. Please read the memo which was drafted by AJAX22 from Calguns.net: How much would you pay for Valid LEO credentials (issued to you)? - Page 97 - Calguns.net. It's post #969 in that thread. (It's easier than having to restate everything that's already very well written in that memo).

*facepalm*
    -Austin

I see FUBAR in the future for this idea.

Exclamation no good can come of this

no good can come of this
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

You must be certified by bonafide law enforcement agency. Smells like scam to me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast