Christain Militia Raided in Michigan - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Christain Militia Raided in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Mosbyranger View Post
    Ok, lets say for a minute that the government allegations against the Hutaree are true. That means that 9 whole wingnuts are running around planning to overthrow the entire government. All by themselves.
    Now, look at what our Federal government brought to the party. I saw a armored personnel carrier, bulletproof vests, automatic weapons, helicopters and many many federal police.

Just whom should I be more afraid of? Loons in the woods or heavily armed and armored troops storming citizens houses?

Same scenario in Waco, heavily armed federal police, helicopters, tanks, automatic weapons and on and on and on.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens pour across the border, drugs flow freely and gangs rule the inner cities. I'm sure glad the government is protecting me from those dangerous Hutaree folks. I feel much safer now.
    Excellent post!!

Exclamation Militia Update...FBI agent can't seem to remember the facts...

FBI agent short on details on militia inquiry
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio
    DETROIT - An FBI agent who led the investigation of nine Michigan militia members charged with trying to launch war against the federal government couldn't recall many details of the two-year probe yesterday during questioning by defense lawyers.

Even the judge who must decide whether to release the nine until trial was puzzled.

"I share the frustrations of the defense team that she doesn't know anything," U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said after agent Leslie Larsen confessed she hadn't reviewed her notes recently and couldn't remember specific details of the case.

Judge Roberts is hearing an appeal of another judge's order that has kept members of so-called Hutaree militia in jail since their arrest in late March.

The indictment says the nine planned to kill police officers as a steppingstone to a widespread uprising against the federal government.

Defense lawyers, however, say their clients are being punished for being outspoken.

Prosecutors fought to keep Ms. Larsen off the witness stand, saying the defendants had no legal right to question her.

But the judge said the agent's appearance was appropriate because the burden is on defense lawyers to show their clients won't be a threat to the public if released.

The nine lawyers asked specific questions about each defendant. Ms. Larsen said she had not listened entirely to certain recordings made by an undercover agent who infiltrated the group.

She said that because they were still being examined, she didn't know if weapons seized by investigators last month were illegal.

At other times, Ms. Larsen couldn't answer questions because she said she hadn't reviewed investigative reports.

Defense lawyer William Swor asked if the No. 1 defendant, Hutaree leader David Stone, had ever instructed anyone to make a bomb.

"I can't fully answer that question," the agent replied.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Tukel defended Ms. Larsen, telling the judge it wasn't clear until Monday that she would testify.

Judge Roberts, however, said she told the government to be prepared last week.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronald Waterstreet played an audiotape of what he said were several militia members talking freely about killing police.

The participants talked over each other, often laughed and made goofy noises and disparaging remarks about law enforcement.

Prosecutors objected to questions about interpreting the secretly recorded conversations, but the judge said they were fair game.

The judge will resume the court hearing today.

Prosecutors will have a chance to question people who are willing to be responsible for some of the nine if they are released from jail.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thanks Festus, for beating me to the punch... Heard a little on the radio today. Just have hot had time to search... Nice Job Sir!
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Thanks Festus, for beating me to the punch... Heard a little on the radio today. Just have hot had time to search... Nice Job Sir!
    Amen +1, I knew the charges were nothing but specious conjecture...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I saw this the other day, too. When the hell will people learn: 1) that the gov't lies and 2) to stop jumping to ill-informed conclusions before the facts are on the table? How many times have we seen this bs?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Once again the government goes after a group with trumped up charges. Surprise, surprise, surprise.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Freedom of speech

The only thing I have seen so far they are being held for their use of Freedom of Speech (First Amendment). If you can call that being guilty.

But I guess when they want your guns you will be in violation of the Second Amendment someway. Ask Hilary.

The truth will prevail eventually.
    Rich
    Beware of your surroundings

"Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia..." - Elbridge Gerry

Elbridge Gerry was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation. He was one of three men who refused to sign the Constitution because it did not then include a Bill of Rights. Gerry later became the ninth Governor of Massachusetts, and the fifth Vice President of the United States, serving under James Madison...

Constitutional Republic 101: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

Weimar Republic...
    Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Federal prosecutors in Detroit late today asked U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts to delay the release of nine members of a Lenawee County Christian militia group who were expected to be released on bond Tuesday.
    Prosecutors: Delay release of Hutaree members | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

In an earlier report...
    Judge orders release of 9 Hutaree militia members | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Fed Prosecutors failed to prove their case and the judge also cited 1st Amendment rights of the defendants..

She said federal prosecutors failed to persuade her that the defendants must be jailed until trial.
    Semper Fi

In today's update on ricbac's previous posting...

The feds bullied & intimated a extension to hold these folks without bond until 5pm Tomorrow... (probably to give them more time to make more ***** up that did not happen and manipulate the media to garner support from the easily duped general public...)

Feds win a delay in release of 9 Hutaree members | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said the government's request for a stay was "woefully inadequate..."

In regards to allegations by the Federal Government that they have failed to provide one iota of proof thereof...

The Judge said this...
    1st Amendment at issue

"Discussions about killing local law enforcement officers -- and even discussions about killing members of the judicial branch of government -- do not translate to conspiring to overthrow, or levy war against, the United States government," Roberts said.
    The fact that other Hutaree members weren't indicted, Roberts said, "is an indication that the offenses charged against these defendants may not be as serious as the government contends."...

Note once again these are allegations from the likes of the Federal Government that brought us WACO & Ruby Ridge just for starters...

"Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia..." - Elbridge Gerry

Elbridge Gerry was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation. He was one of three men who refused to sign the Constitution because it did not then include a Bill of Rights. Gerry later became the ninth Governor of Massachusetts, and the fifth Vice President of the United States, serving under James Madison...

Constitutional Republic 101: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345