Christain Militia Raided in Michigan
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christain Militia Raided in Michigan

Exclamation Christain Militia Raided in Michigan

Does anybody know anything about these guys? Good Guys? Bad Guys? Lunatic Fringe? Patriots?

Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group
    Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News
    Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    At least seven people, including some from Michigan, have been arrested in raids by a FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana as part of an investigation into an Adrian-based Christian militia group, a person familiar with the matter said.

The suspects are expected to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Monday.

On Sunday, a source close to the investigation in Washington, D.C. confirmed that FBI agents were conducting activities in Washtenaw and Lenawee counties over the weekend in connection to Hutaree, a Christian militia group. Detroit FBI Special Agent Sandra Berchtold told The Detroit News the federal warrants in the case are under court seal and declined further comment.

Advertisement
    Sources have said the FBI was in the second day of raids around the southeastern Michigan city of Adrian that are connected to a militia group, known as the Hutaree, an Adrian-based group whose members describe themselves as Christian soldiers preparing for the arrival and battle with the anti-Christ.

WXYZ-TV reports that helicopters were spotted in the sky for much of Saturday night, and agents set up checkpoints throughout the area. Witnesses told the station that it was like a small army had descended on the area. The Department of Homeland Security and the Joint Terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids.

Mike Lackomar, of Michiganmilitia.com, said both The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia and the Michiganmilitia.com were not a part of the raid.

Lackomar said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats of violence against Islamic organizations.

"Last night and into today the FBI conducted a raid against homes belonging to the Hutaree. They are a religious cult. They are not part of our militia community," he said.

Lackomar said he was told there were five arrests Saturday and another five early Sunday. The FBI declined to comment.

One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help. That Michigan militia leader is now working with federal officials to provide information on the Hutaree member for the investigation, Lackomar said Sunday.

"They are more of survivalist group and in an emergency they withdraw and stand their ground. They are actively training to be alongside Jesus," he said.

Sources from the Michigan militia community said one of the FBI raids took place Saturday during a wake for a Hutaree member who had died of natural causes. A Hutaree leader was arrested during the wake while at the same time agents were conducting raids at other locations.

The Associated Press is reporting that FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland said agents arrested two people Saturday in northwest Ohio. A third arrest was made in Illinois on Sunday, a day after raids in northwest Indiana.

Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on Islamic-American Relations of Michigan, made an announcement Sunday during the group's 10th anniversary banquet about receiving a call from a network journalist about the alleged threat against Muslims.

"Don't allow this news to scare you away from practicing your faith," said Walid.

Audible gaps were heard throughout the banquet hall when the news was announced. Walid said he will call local authorities about more information on the allegations. He urged local Muslims to recommitt themselves to their faith in light of the accusations.

David Shepardson and Oralandar Brand-Williams contributed to this report. [email protected]

From The Detroit News: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Looks like their problem is they threatened to go on the offensive. I am the biggest supporter of the 2A out here. However if you take your right to defend your self and you turn that into a right to threaten others... not a wise move. I am ALL for militia's who want to be ready to aid the state, or defend them selves, but from what I read they became offensive instead of defensive. (we all know there is MORE to the story) I guess for me the question is did they just say stupid stuff like all Islamics should be dead, or did they actually start a plan in motion to kill Islamics??? We may never know.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

Now, you know what it's gonna look like when "they" raid your group.

Is there any hard evidence against this group besides "threats" they supposedly made?

Let's not automaticly dismiss them as a "lunatic" fringe group until we know more. United we stand. Let "them" divide us and ...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

The 'spirit of Janet Reno' lives on!

Aren't you glad they're saving us from those violent Christians?

I wish somebody would make a comprehensive list of all the Christian Terrorist attacks in the past 20 years so we could demonstrate to others just how violent they are!

Then we could compare that to those extremely rare attacks by others, including practitions of the religion of peace.

Then we could prove once and for all why the current administration is on the right track.

Sarcasm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

WACO II - BATFE - "Jackbooted American Thugs" At It Again...

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Does anybody know anything about these guys? Good Guys? Bad Guys? Lunatic Fringe? Patriots?

Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group
    Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News
    Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    At least seven people, including some from Michigan, have been arrested in raids by a FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana as part of an investigation into an Adrian-based Christian militia group, a person familiar with the matter said.

The suspects are expected to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Monday.

On Sunday, a source close to the investigation in Washington, D.C. confirmed that FBI agents were conducting activities in Washtenaw and Lenawee counties over the weekend in connection to Hutaree, a Christian militia group. Detroit FBI Special Agent Sandra Berchtold told The Detroit News the federal warrants in the case are under court seal and declined further comment.

Advertisement
    Sources have said the FBI was in the second day of raids around the southeastern Michigan city of Adrian that are connected to a militia group, known as the Hutaree, an Adrian-based group whose members describe themselves as Christian soldiers preparing for the arrival and battle with the anti-Christ.

WXYZ-TV reports that helicopters were spotted in the sky for much of Saturday night, and agents set up checkpoints throughout the area. Witnesses told the station that it was like a small army had descended on the area. The Department of Homeland Security and the Joint Terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids.

Mike Lackomar, of Michiganmilitia.com, said both The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia and the Michiganmilitia.com were not a part of the raid.

Lackomar said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats of violence against Islamic organizations.

"Last night and into today the FBI conducted a raid against homes belonging to the Hutaree. They are a religious cult. They are not part of our militia community," he said.

Lackomar said he was told there were five arrests Saturday and another five early Sunday. The FBI declined to comment.

One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help. That Michigan militia leader is now working with federal officials to provide information on the Hutaree member for the investigation, Lackomar said Sunday.

"They are more of survivalist group and in an emergency they withdraw and stand their ground. They are actively training to be alongside Jesus," he said.

Sources from the Michigan militia community said one of the FBI raids took place Saturday during a wake for a Hutaree member who had died of natural causes. A Hutaree leader was arrested during the wake while at the same time agents were conducting raids at other locations.

The Associated Press is reporting that FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland said agents arrested two people Saturday in northwest Ohio. A third arrest was made in Illinois on Sunday, a day after raids in northwest Indiana.

Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on Islamic-American Relations of Michigan, made an announcement Sunday during the group's 10th anniversary banquet about receiving a call from a network journalist about the alleged threat against Muslims.

"Don't allow this news to scare you away from practicing your faith," said Walid.

Audible gaps were heard throughout the banquet hall when the news was announced. Walid said he will call local authorities about more information on the allegations. He urged local Muslims to recommitt themselves to their faith in light of the accusations.

David Shepardson and Oralandar Brand-Williams contributed to this report. [email protected]

From The Detroit News: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    WACO II brought to you by Gun Ban Obama & Company and leading participant of WACO I and Obama nominee Attorney General Eric Holder...

BATFE Infringing Second Amendment Rights Since The Democrats Passed The 1968 GCA...

FOXNews.com - Michigan Militia Group Preparing for Antichrist, Web Site Says

They did nothing unconstitutional...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Get ready for the flame wars. There are plenty of people on this site who don't like Bible-believing Christians...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Angry I don't believe my government

"Christian" militia group -- first thing against them is their name! Next thing against them is that they're training to protect themselves! ( I viewed their videos on YouTube this AM.--search for Hutaree)

Did they REALLY threaten to kill LEOs or is this a guise to arrest them and make other Patriot groups afraid? I don't have the answer to that question -- but I certainly have my doubts that they are a militant group, as they are being portrayed. It pains me to say it, but I just don't believe what my government reports anymore.

If a few more of these supposed "dangerous" militia groups are "exposed"... be assured that the Lame Stream Media will take great pleasure in fueling the flames of fear...martial law WILL be declared.

Stay vigilant...be informed...prepare for anything!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

One of the leaders of the Michigan Militia were interviewed and they have quickly distanced themselves from the Hutaree....they split from the the Southeast Chapter and became isolationists...I live a stone's throw from where this all went down and you can take it to the bank that these people were extreme in every way...when the Michigan Militia's leader denounces their behavior that should say something right there.

Wow!

Here is the article on policeone.com. Evidently they had a plan in place to do more than kill LEO's...

Christian militia charged with police-killing plot

Christian militia charged with police-killing plot
    Michigan and Ohio residents plotted to kill local LEOs
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because the Hutaree members were planning a violent reconaissance mission sometime in April — just a few days away.

Members of the group called Hutaree are charged in the case, including their leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree."

Once other officers gathered for a slain officer's funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to newly unsealed court papers.

According to the indictment, the idea of attacking a police funeral was one of numerous scenarios discussed as ways to go after law enforcement officers. Other scenarios included a fake 911 call to lure an officer to his or her death, or an attack on the family of a police officer.

After such attacks, the group allegedly planned to retreat to "rally points" protected by trip-wired improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, for what they expected would become a violent standoff with law enforcement personnel.

"It is believed by the Hutaree that this engagement would then serve as a catalyst for a more wide-sread uprising against the government," the indictment charges.

It includes charges of seditious conspiracy, possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction — homemade bombs.

The indictment charges members of the group conspired "to levy war against the United States, (and) to oppose by force the authority of the government of the United States."

The charges follow FBI raids over the weekend on locations in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

According to investigators, the Hutaree view local, state, and federal law enforcement personnel as a "brotherhood" and an enemy, and planned to attack them as part of an armed struggle against the U.S. government.

Eight suspects have been arrested by the FBI, and one more is being sought. Of the eight captured, seven are due in court later Monday.
    Andrew Arena, head of the FBI's field office in Detroit, said the case "is an example of radical and extremist fringe groups which can be found throughout our society. The FBI takes such extremist groups seriously, especially those who would target innocent citizens and the law enforcement officers who protect the citizens of the United States."

On its Web site, Hutaree quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

The group didn't return an e-mail sent by The Associated Press and phone numbers for the group's leadership were not immediately available.

Law enforcement swarmed a rural, wooded property Saturday evening near Adrian, about 70 miles southwest of Detroit. Two ramshackle trailers sat side-by-side on the property, the door to one slightly ajar late Sunday as if it had been forced open.

Phyllis Brugger, who has lived in the area for more than 30 years, said some people who lived there were known as having ties to militia. They would shoot guns and often wore camouflage, according to Brugger and her daughter, Heidi Wood.

"Everybody knew they were militia," Brugger said. "You don't mess with them."

In Hammond, Ind., 18-year-old George Ponce, who works at a pizzeria next door to a home that was raided, said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.

"I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said. "They told us the bomb squad was going in, sweeping the house looking for bombs."

He said another agent was in the bushes near the house, and law enforcement vehicles were "all over." He estimated that agents took more than two dozen guns from the house.

In Ohio, one of the raids occurred at Bayshore Estates, a well-kept trailer park in Sandusky, a small city on Lake Erie between Toledo and Cleveland.

Neighbors said the man taken into custody lived in a trailer on a cul-de-sac with his wife and two young children.

If, and this is a big if, they are guilty of what they are being accused of then then their arrest was justified. However knowing the track record of our federal government and the tendency of the news to out right lie to promote their own agenda nothing would surprise me. We need to watch this closely.

"We live in a dirty and dangerous world. There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets, and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows."
    Katherine Graham, Washington Post publisher and CFR member.

"There is no such thing as an independent press in America, unless it is in the country towns. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid $150.00 a week for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should permit honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, like Othello, before twenty-four hours, my occupation would be gone.

"The business of the New York journalist is to destroy truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon; to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. We are the tools and vessels for rich men behind the scenes. We are intellectual prostitutes."

John Swinton, editor of the New York Tribune.

"We are going to impose our agenda on the coverage by dealing with issues and subjects that we choose to deal with."
    Richard M. Cohen, Senior Producer of CBS political news.

"We in the press like to say we're honest brokers of information and it's just not true. The press does have an agenda."
    Bernard Goldberg, as quoted by Harry Stein in the June 13-19, 1992 TV Guide.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast