Death Threats Against IRS Employees On Websites? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death Threats Against IRS Employees On Websites?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I should have been more clear. Back in 1997, there were Senate hearings on the IRS abuse of the taxpayer. There was the usual PR and dog an pony show and some reforms were made. But, the new head of the IRS Charles Rossotti was quotes as saying the IRS couldn't do it's job without using selective fear as a weapon.

IN MY OPINION,

If the Senate had really wanted to reform the IRS, they could have, but chose not to. They closed the hearings without any meaninful reform because without fear, the IRS cannot do its job.

Sorry for not being more clear about that.
    No apology necessary, Wolf! Thank you for responding to my inquiry. "Fear" CAN be an effective way of "controlling the masses"...IF the masses choose to be controlled. As for me, I prefer to live free and unafraid.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    It is certainly a plus when POTUS is also the Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful military in the world.
    Mom, this is one thing I can't agree on. As Americans we like to believe that we have the most powerful military in the world, but it just isn't true anymore. China, without question, has the most powerful military in the world. I can't give statistics per say, but not only do they have the monetary dominance but their army alone numbers more than THREE HUNDRED MILLION. They have as many if not more intercontinental ballistic missiles as the U.S., and seriously outnumber our naval vessels, tanks, military aircraft, and stockpile of munitions. Our government and our military is, sorry to say, terrified of China's military capabilities. Even Russia has twice the military strength in every aspect than the U.S., and their nukes are much more powerful than ours to boot. If the U.S. were to go to war with China (nuclear) they would survive, (over a billion people) and still have almost triple the population left over than the U.S. had to begin with.

It's impossible for the U.S. to confront China in the air, land, or the sea and win anything; their numbers, strength, economy, and technology is impossible for the U.S. to defend against and win, let alone survive. Considering our economy ALONE, the U.S. could not afford to finance even one month of open military conflict with China over Taiwan. Not to start another religious debate, but being a Christian and a student of bible prophesy for many years, the U.S. is not mentioned anywhere in reference to any prophesy related to End Times,or the Tribulation (last seven yrs. of world history) Period. As powerful and influential as the U.S. has been and still is, for a reason unknown, is irrelevant , or, non existent in the End Time scenario. China, Russia, Europe, Middle East (Arabs), Israel, to mention a few, are key players. Something to seriously think about.
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to HELL!
    (Galatians 1:8)

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    While I agree that a president should have served in the military here are some others that didn't:

Bill Clinton, Franklin Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge, Warren Harding, Woodrow Wilson, William Taft, Grover Cleveland, Martin Van Buren, John Q. Adams and John Adams.

Notice the two Adams both in the founding stages of our country. Also remember that the U.S. government is based on civilian control of the military.
    A number of those should have never been president to start with. Bill Clinton, Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson are at the top of the list. I don't say that being in the military should be a requirement but being a patriot should. Now can we find any?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    [FONT="Verdana"]Mom, this is one thing I can't agree on. As Americans we like to believe that we have the most powerful military in the world, but it just isn't true anymore. China, without question, has the most powerful military in the world.
    Of course, they do, Ringo. I was just letting my "patriotic pride" take over!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Of course, they do, Ringo. I was just letting my "patriotic pride" take over!
    Be assured that I also share in that pride, so much so that I often hesitate to share many things pertinent as not to offend or discourage anyone, it ain't easy to do.
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to HELL!
    (Galatians 1:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Be assured that I also share in that pride, so much so that I often hesitate to share many things pertinent as not to offend or discourage anyone, it ain't easy to do.
    In light of the current chaos in our beloved country, IMO this is NOT the time to hold back. People need to know what's going on. Knowledge is power and, in this political atmosphere, we all need to be educated and informed! That leads to vigilance, which results in preparing for anything.

So, don't hesitate to share what you know, Ringo. I, for one, am grateful for the exchange of info here at USCarry. Everyone of us can learn from each other.

In light of the current chaos in our beloved country, IMO this is NOT the time to hold back. People need to know what's going on. Knowledge is power and, in this political atmosphere, we all need to be educated and informed! That leads to vigilance, which results in preparing for anything.

So, don't hesitate to share what you know, Ringo. I, for one, am grateful for the exchange of info here at USCarry. Everyone of us can learn from each other.
    I agree CW&M but unfortunately many people really do not want to know the truth. They want to believe that life will go on in this country like it has for more than two hundred years. Reality is to scary for them so they prefer to remain in denial.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree CW&M but unfortunately many people really do not want to know the truth. They want to believe that life will go on in this country like it has for more than two hundred years. Reality is to scary for them so they prefer to remain in denial.
    Then I guess they aren't being vigilant and aren't preparing for the worse case scenario. They are the ones who will panic and find themselves in a precarious situation. It's very sad...but we can't force anyone to take off the blinders, can we?

I've been trying to educate my neighbor. I was talking with her just yesterday and she's really getting concerned about the state of the economy and our country. Finally, she said that maybe she should buy a gun. I unzipped the side of my purse and showed her that I was conceal carrying. She didn't seem too shocked, but she did ask quite a few questions as to the procedure in our State to obtain a CCP, where I took the training course to qualify, etc. I have a feeling that it won't be long before she'll be proactive in her own defense. Then I'll do the...

Hey ronwill: I understand what you are saying and, to a degree, I can agree with you. As far as congress is concerned, executive orders, bribery, czars, cabinet decrees (ie EPA/cap and trade)--these are all designed to make the great one the ultimate authority and congress be damned. I have had my issues with past presidents and even when BO was elected I was willing to give him a chance. This guy, however, from what I have seen to date and the tactics that are being used to circumvent literally every check and balance in our government, is downright dangerous and a threat to the very survival of this country. He might as well be the Manchurian Candidate or Bin Laden's right hand man--he is a moslem who hates this country and even though I understand your comments, we will absolutely agree to disagree--I do not intend to give this man one ounce of support or credit--he is not my president--he is my enemy.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    No apology necessary, Wolf! Thank you for responding to my inquiry. "Fear" CAN be an effective way of "controlling the masses"...IF the masses choose to be controlled. As for me, I prefer to live free and unafraid.
    Thanks. The apology is for my lack of scholarship in my rant. I usually attempt to back up what I say and I try to remain as factual as possible. Unfortunately, there are a few subjects where the anger takes over and I speak without thinking. The IRS is one of them.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast