"I'm tired" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm tired"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Over in the "Dads" thread, I related how my Pop taught me a strong work ethic (which I passed along to my sons). I just quit my second job. For the first time in my life (I'll be 57 this summer), I won't have two jobs. I'm just too damn tired.

It occurs to me that this is one reason why this country has "gotten away" from us. We were too busy working, raising families, paying taxes to pay much attention to the idiots who are running and have run this country into the ground. We voted, of course, but we trusted that our interests were being watched out for. Turns out, they weren't. Our fault...but as the saying goes: "screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me". No more. NO MORE.
    Amen Brother...

It just hit me, governmental and patriotically passive. Not sure if that’s the term or not, but I think it describes the coma that I had fallen into with regard to the worries about child rearing, paying the bills, keeping a steady good paying job.. And slowly we awake from that coma to see that things are beginning to change and not for the better.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I agree with all post in this thread. I am alittle younger, 38, and in the military. I was stationed in Conneticut back in the early 90's and they wanted all E-5's to go on food stamps/welfare to prove a point to the government that the military is underpayed. I refused to and got a second job. I would work to 2 AM at the second job and be back to work on base at 6:30AM 5 days a week for 3 years. Call it male pride or the work ethic/pride my dad taught my brother and sister.
    I always said that people who are happy aren't going to pay their hard earned money to tell all the people in Washington they are happy. I think we let the left go to far and now we have to spend our hard earned money and precious time to get back what is dear to us, our free country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'm going in the hospital Monday for my second hernia operation within five months. It's really the pits, but I'm not gonna complain, I'm just grateful that it's before any ObamaCare has kicked in.
    You're in my warm thoughts and heartfelt prayers, Ringo. Let us know how you're doing post-surgery, My Friend.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    P.S. Ringo, I've had a hernia for the past 3 years that needs attention. Perhaps this year I'll take the time to get it fixed.
    good luck with that.
    Listen to "Mom", 6shooter. Get that hernia taken care of BEFORE Obamacare kicks in, okay? Nobody knows what the availability of good physicians or surgeons will be by that time.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I'm going to be 43 this year and Yea I'm tired. I was working at 14 to earn money for the things I wanted. For most of my life I've had 2 or more jobs at the same time. One full time and 1 or 2 part time. When winters here you'll find me at the office or in the tractor pushing snow. Yea, Yea, Yea I know we all work hard, so reading that post just reminds me I'm not alone.

The working, tax paying, family raising residents of this country need to pull together and promise each other to make it right. I have never asked for anything from my government other than to take care of the military, law enforcement, fire / rescue workers, and teachers that it employees with my tax dollars. Welfare in this country should be a payback system. You get welfare money, then you need to work for the state or local government doing what ever they ask of you to pay it back.

Ok I'm off the soap box...

Peace...

P.S. Ringo, I've had a hernia for the past 3 years that needs attention. Perhaps this year I'll take the time to get it fixed.
    good luck with that.
    Just another thing that impressed me about James J. Braddock(Cinderella Man) in that he payed back all of the welfare money he received during hard times, before his comeback and winning the championship.

And thanks for "good luck", I'm glad we only have "two sides". I can't imagine putting up with any hernia for 3 years. They won't heal themselves or get better, only worse. If it begins to strangle, then it can become very dangerous. So, be kind to yourself and get it fixed.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    You're in my warm thoughts and heartfelt prayers, Ringo. Let us know how you're doing post-surgery, My Friend.
    Thank you for your warm thoughts, heartfelt prayers, and valued Friendship Mom.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    +1. Praying the surgery goes well.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. Praying the surgery goes well.
    Thanks HK, I need all the prayers I can get, and for my surgery too.
    Americas Epitaph

I really enjoyed the post and I went and read the whole thing . I'll be 41 very soon and dont know whats even gonna be there when I'm finally to tired to work anymore . I've been working since I was 14 full time since I was 17 and I have things that hurt I didn't even know I had . I'm very concerned for my kids and what they will have or wont have

Prayer out for Ringo for his surgery on Monday. We'll be thinking of you, brother.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast