The Beast is coming...!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beast is coming...!!

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Where will the anti-Christ come from? I'll bet he will be someone who can't produce a birth certificate and nobody remembers going to school with him. He'll probably be of Muslim descent and he will most certainly be a good speaker.
    well wouldn't that just beat all??... cause I swear that sounds like some one I've heard of recently...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

the bible has nothing to do with this.
    Your condescension doesn't bother me because it doesn't apply to me. I'm the farthest thing you'll ever meet from a Bible Thumper, as you so eloquently and respectfully phrase it, but I'm not an ignorant turd, either. When a book...any book...prognosticates about coming events, thousands of years in the future, and I subsequently see images of those predictions effectively materializing before my eyes, I believe it's something to pay attention to. While some might consider that "Bible Thumping", others might view what you do as Ostrich-like behavior. Who's to say? In the end, we'll meet back here in a few years and see what Reality wrought.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Stockton Springs Maine. Originally from Vinalhaven Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Didn't they say this about fingerprints a long time ago?

More recently, when the Bar-Code was invented, the same crowd screamed "Mark -of-the-Beast."

I suspect they missed it when retinal scans were invented. Maybe it was above a certain IQ to understand.

I suppose credit cards with one's photo on the front mean armageddon too

I don't like central government ID either, but this "Mark -of-the-Beast" stuff makes us in the RKBA struggle all look like idiots!

-Doc
    Both the bible and the mark of the beast are very real. Matthew 24,verse36 states: " But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my Father only". It's going to happen. I don't understand how anyone can look around themselves and see what is happening today, and not believe the bible.

BIBLE THUMPER's

IMO,
    The nemesis of normal people everywhere: the Bible Thumper. Well-versed (no pun intended, I think; or if you think it’s clever enough, then why the hell not…) in the parts they like of the Holy Bible, these do-gooders scour the world clean of any offensiveness, intended or not.

“Do-gooders” is actually a misnomer. These people tend to be more self-interested than many of the people they despise. They have somehow turned their knowledge of good and evil into a holier-than-thou weapon, to be wielded at the slightest provocation.

Someone said, “The eyes are the window to the soul.” (I think it was Malcolm X.) In the case of these freaks, their eyes are the window to your soul, every deep black sinful inch of it. You may come across one in their native habitat (church entryway, Bible bookstore, abortion protest) and even find them personable and cheery.

But step across that line inadvertently (and unless you’re a complete a$$hle, it will happen and it will be inadvertent) and the gates of holy judgement will slam shut, sealing you out and packing you neatly away into the overcrowded “Sinner” compartment. Once you’re in there, there is no coming back out, no matter how persuasive your arguments. YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Fortunately, these “Godlike” people tend to be human beings, and as such are hypocritical, deceitful, misguided and petty as any of us. Perhaps more so, since they suffer the delusion of being “chosen by God,” something that doesn’t hamstring the rest of us.

They also make lousy employees.

You're an interesting guy, Ice. What you provide here is another non sequitur (which also has more than a tinge of resentment flavor to it). You do the "non sequitur" thing a lot, it seems...you did the same with the "Statue of Liberty" thread. What's up with that?

I would be curious to know the difference between what you describe as a 'Bible Thumper', and what you're doing here, which is acting the role of an "Anti-Bible Thumper", putting down a whole category of people simply because of their spiritual beliefs. Isn't that what you're offering, too, from the other perspective?

As for your comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Fortunately, these “Godlike” people tend to be human beings, and as such are hypocritical, deceitful, misguided and petty as any of us. Perhaps more so, since they suffer the delusion of being “chosen by God,” something that doesn’t hamstring the rest of us.
    You remind me of another of Ektarr's Laws, specifically: "People judge other people by themselves."

Maybe, Biblically speaking, you should address the mote in your own eye first.

----------------------------------

P.S. Look to the Bible for your "Eyes" quote...not Malcolm X.
    Luke 11:34 "The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness.

NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12