Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could "tip over & capsize"

Thread: Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could "tip over & capsize"

Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could "tip over & capsize"

Dear God, help us! Johnson was REALLY serious. Admiral Willard has my respect and admiration for showing such restraint and decorum in having to deal with such an idiotic question. I can't believe that a Congressman could be this stupid. On the video clip, does he sound to you like he's a bit stoned?

Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could 'tip over and capsize'
    March 31, 2010, 4:23 pm by Christina Wilkie

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is afraid that the U.S. Territory of Guam is going to "tip over and capsize" due to overpopulation.

Johnson expressed his worries during a House Armed Services Committee hearing on the defense budget Thursday.

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy's Pacific Fleet, Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Willard paused and said: "We don't anticipate that."

Like other islands, Guam is attached to the sea floor, which makes it extremely unlikely that it will tip over, even if there are lots and lots of people on it. Guam is 30 miles long and up to 9 miles wide in certain spots, with a population of 175,000 civilians. The military is proposing the addition of 8,000 U.S. servicemembers and their families.

Reached for comment, a spokesman for Johnson said the lawmaker had visited Guam, and his concern was that the influx of military personnel would overwhelm the island's infrastructure and ecosystem.

The comment comes 1:20 into the clip.

YouTube - 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

LMFAO, that has got to be one of the stupidest things I have EVER heard someone say.

That's it, I'm saying it, there needs to be an IQ MINIMUM to be in ANY political position.

"I'm sorry <insert name>, millions of people depend on you and you don't qualify. I hear they are hiring down at the local McDonalds"

Disclaimer: Yes I know that everyone that works at McDonalds isn't an idiot, but obviously it doesn't take someone of high intelligence to flip burgers. If you didn't already know this, guess which group your in?

Hank Johnson is the best and the brightest of the democrats in Georgia's 4th congressional district. Keep in mind, he occupies the seat formerly held by Cynthia Moonbat McKinney.

Quote Originally Posted by GregAllen View Post
    Hank Johnson is the best and the brightest of the democrats in Georgia's 4th congressional district. Keep in mind, he occupies the seat formerly held by Cynthia Moonbat McKinney.
    Greg, Your reply intrigued me, so I did an internet search for Cynthia McKinney. Wow...has the water somehow been contaminated with toxic waste in that part of Georgia? Guess lightning DOES strike twice in the same place!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Red Hat, please accept my sincere apology. I did not know that another had posted a thread on this! Thank you for letting everyone know about your thread. Again, I apologize!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Red Hat, please accept my sincere apology. I did not know that another had posted a thread on this! Thank you for letting everyone know about your thread. Again, I apologize!
    No problem! Something like this needs to be seen no matter what or how many forums it's in.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

RH is right CW & M , I also sent out a couple E-Mails to people outside this forum. Certainly the L-Media is not going to cover this ...... This what ever it is....
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GregAllen View Post
    Please tell me that is sarcasm at it's finest.