Supreme Court Retirement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Retirement

Supreme Court Retirement

You knew this was coming...

Can John Paul Stevens say it any more clearly without actually saying it? In a number of high-profile interviews, the Supreme Court justice, who will be 90 years old on April 20, has been sending the message in big, flashing letters: I'M GOING TO RETIRE.

Even though Stevens has left himself a tiny bit of wiggle room -- all he'll say for sure is that he will step down while Barack Obama is president -- everybody involved in the process of nominating and confirming a replacement has gotten the idea...

Given all the 5/4 decisions of late (including the finding on 2A RKBA), this doesn't bode well. Anyone comfortable with who the Muslim-in-Chief might nominate? I'm sure not...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

The talking heads have been chirping about this for a month. JP Stevens has been there, what, almost 40 years. I am sure there will be fight in the Senate over who ever gets the nod. I am hoping that the decisions will be coming in '11 and not '10. The Senate will look different in the fall and chances of confirming a Progressive judge will be reduced.

Added a link to an article from Newsmax: http://newsmax.com/US/Supreme-Court-...4/03/id/354674
    Semper Fi

SCOTT BROWN for SUPREME COURT JUSTICE!!!

Yea I know... Not gonna happen this year...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Exclamation Justice Stevens to Retire...

Well that did not take long...

Justice Stevens to Retire After 34 Years

Justice Stevens to Retire After 34 Years - NYTimes.com

How much pressure was put on this man to retire before the November Elections and the Balance of power in the Senate would be altered?
    Semper Fi

The good news is that the status quo will remain the same, a liberal judge for a liberal judge. Let's hope the conservative judges last until we vote Obama out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    The good news is that the status quo will remain the same, a liberal judge for a liberal judge. Let's hope the conservative judges last until we vote Obama out.
    I was waiting for someone to jump on that. I realized after I posted that this was a "straight-up" trade. Good catch, RW.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Just means it want get any better. That is not a good thing.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Just means it want get any better. That is not a good thing.
    of course that part sucks.. but the silver lining is that it shouldn't get any worse.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I was waiting for someone to jump on that. I realized after I posted that this was a "straight-up" trade. Good catch, RW.
    I don't know JJ, Didn't Stevens start to moderate over the last few years...?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I don't know JJ, Didn't Stevens start to moderate over the last few years...?
    Actually, Fox News reported today that Stevens leaned more and more to the left, during his years as a Supreme Court Justice.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast