On the lighter side

Thread: On the lighter side

Smile On the lighter side

FREE KITTENS

A pretty little girl named Suzy was standing on the sidewalk in front of her home. Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures; in her hand was a sign announcing FREE KITTENS. Suddenly a line of big black cars pulled up beside her. Out of the lead car stepped a tall, grinning man.

"Hi there little girl, I'm President Obama. What do you have in the basket?" he asked.

"Kittens," little Suzy said.

"How old are they?" asked Obama.

Suzy replied, "They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet."

"And what kind of kittens are they?"

"Democrats," answered Suzy with a smile.

Obama was delighted. As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens. Recognizing the perfect photo op, the two men agreed that the president should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day, Suzy was again standing on the sidewalk with her basket of "FREE KITTENS," when another motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN. Cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Obama got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said, "I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

"Yes sir," Suzy said. "They're Republicans."

Taken by surprise, the president stammered, "But... but... yesterday, you told me they were DEMOCRATS."

Little Suzy smiled and said, "I know. But today, they have their eyes open."
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

NICE!! Thanks for the chuckle!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

He he he
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This is cute but also so true.
    The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    This is cute but also so true.
    The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, whoand a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.
    There is a famous quote, by one of our Founders (I've searched and can't find it) that basically states that when a government gives "entitlements" to the citizenry, more and more "giving" is required from the government. I really believe that is ONE of the problems that has led us to this point: a lazy citizenry who are constantly asking what the government can do for them, instead of vice versa. It is this mindset that put Obama in office (remember the "Obama stash" video?) and it is that same mindset that will bankrupt our nation. Individual responsibility HAS to become the norm again, not the exception. Conservatives can plainly see these truths. The liberals/progressives, in government, prefer to keep their constituents blinded to the virtues of individual self-reliance and keep them "needy". It's heartbreaking...not to mention budget breaking.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Love it!!!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    There is a famous quote, by one of our Founders (I've searched and can't find it) that basically states that when a government gives "entitlements" to the citizenry, more and more "giving" is required from the government. I really believe that is ONE of the problems that has led us to this point: a lazy citizenry who are constantly asking what the government can do for them, instead of vice versa. It is this mindset that put Obama in office (remember the "Obama stash" video?) and it is that same mindset that will bankrupt our nation. Individual responsibility HAS to become the norm again, not the exception. Conservatives can plainly see these truths. The liberals/progressives, in government, prefer to keep their constituents blinded to the virtues of individual self-reliance and keep them "needy". It's heartbreaking...not to mention budget breaking.
    This is so true and they keep breeding.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan