Gun Show loudspeaker announcement... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Gun Show loudspeaker announcement...

  1. #11
    As long as the gun show is obeying the law (not selling handguns to out of staters) and not selling 50 AK-47's (only an example) to someone I don't think anyone should be refused simply because of where they come from. Does that mean don't sell to anyone from California because Pelosi is from there or Nevada because Reid is from there? If a law abiding New Yorker wants to buy a .270, or other rifle, at a Virginia gun show they should be allowed to.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    As long as the gun show is obeying the law (not selling handguns to out of staters) and not selling 50 AK-47's (only an example) to someone I don't think anyone should be refused simply because of where they come from. Does that mean don't sell to anyone from California because Pelosi is from there or Nevada because Reid is from there? If a law abiding New Yorker wants to buy a .270, or other rifle, at a Virginia gun show they should be allowed to.
    ronwill, the issue between NY and Virginia surrounds the supposed Gun Show "loophole" here. The anti-gun rights/2A movement wants to do away with the private sale of firearms, at Gun Shows in Virginia. NYC Mayor Bloomberg is trying very hard to make a case that, because of these private sales, guns being sold in Virginia are ending up in NY and being used by criminals/gangs. The Virginia Civilian Defense League advocates that this is just another attempt by anti-gun rights/anti-2A groups to infringe on our RKBA. I wholeheartedly agree. If they are successful at removing the right to purchase a gun through a private transaction at a Virginia Gun Show, what will be next? The right to ANY and ALL private gun sales in the State?

    Bloomberg recently travelled to Richmond in an attempt to strongarm our State Legislators into outlawing this 2A right. There is no doubt in my mind that he's sending New Yorkers down to "infiltrate" our Gun Shows in an attempt to purchase "private sale firearms" and further his cause. He needs to stay in NY and tend to his own State's business and leave Virginians alone.

    The organizers/managers of yesterday's Gun Show knew exactly what was being attempted and handled it perfectly to preserve the 2A rights of the Sovereign State of Virginia.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  4. #13

    West Virginia's message for Mayor Bloomberg

    Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

    Don't try gun stings here, West Virginia pol Kessler warns Mayor
    Bloomberg

    BY ADAM LISBERG
    DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF

    Monday, February 15th 2010, 4:00 AM

    West Virginia has a message for Mayor Bloomberg: Don't come 'round
    here to buy our guns.

    A legislator there wants to ban the type of undercover stings that
    Bloomberg has used to showcase illegal gun sales in other states - and
    throw the mayor's investigators in jail if necessary.

    "It's for us to handle within our own borders," said state Sen.
    Jeffrey Kessler, who is running for governor in 2012. "We jealously
    guard our gun rights, and we're vocal advocates for the Second
    Amendment."

    He calls his proposal the "Bloomberg bill" - a reflection of how
    Bloomberg's anti-gun crusade has made him public enemy No. 1 to gun
    lovers.

    The mayor has spent millions hiring private investigators to videotape
    gun dealers seemingly violating federal law - selling weapons to
    people who say they couldn't pass a background check, or who appear to
    be straw purchasers on behalf of others.

    "It may be good for getting headlines, but it may well be compromising
    actual law enforcement activities," Kessler said. "He's not a federal
    law enforcement officer."

    Bloomberg has defended the stings as necessary to keep out-of-state
    guns from ending up on New York streets and in the hands of criminals.

    He has put the videos on YouTube and mailed copies to Congress. A
    spokesman refused to say whether more are in progress.

    Kessler's bill would ban those stings, making a felon out of anyone
    who "persuades, encourages or entices" a gun dealer to make an illegal
    sale.

    "It's not appropriate for any other law enforcement, absent the feds,
    to engage in gun buys - or try to entrap with gun buys - within our
    borders," Kessler said.

    "If there are violations, they should be investigated by clearly
    recognized law enforcement in our state, rather than by bringing in
    hired goons to do it."

    Bloomberg spokesman Jason Post fired right back, saying the mayor
    won't stop his fight.

    "This legislation gets it exactly backward. The city has never broken
    the law, but we have caught unscrupulous gun dealers selling in
    violation of federal law," Post said.

    "Because 90% of guns used in crimes in New York City come from out of
    state, we have been forced to go outside our own borders to keep New
    Yorkers safe."

    Kessler said he introduced the bill after the National Rifle
    Association told him of similar proposals in other states. The NRA
    didn't return a call for comment, but Kessler said he expects his bill
    to become law.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  5. #14
    New York State has 54,475 square miles. New York City has just 305 of those 54,475 square miles. Which means the part of New York State that is outside of New York City is bigger than the entire state of Virginia. Don't they teach geography in Virginia schools?

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    New York State has 54,475 square miles. New York City has just 305 of those 54,475 square miles. Which means the part of New York State that is outside of New York City is bigger than the entire state of Virginia. Don't they teach geography in Virginia schools?
    Don't forget that the "City" with 305 of those 54,475 sq. miles sponsor about 95% of all the anti-gun bills in the state!

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451

    what crock!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Gov. Bloomberg is trying very hard to make a case that, because of these private sales, guns being sold in Virginia are ending up in NY and being used by criminals/gangs.
    Why don't Bloomberg worry about the rising crime in NYC?? Sometimes, I am ashamed to call myself a New Yorker!!

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733

    Exclamation Slippery slope, indeed!

    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Why is their even an argument here? Sure there are good 2A people in NY but there are also the slime brigade from Bloombergtown who will find a way to subvert even the LEGAL sale of a firearm to satisfy their agenda. If legitimate people in NY want to be able to purchase legally and find gun shows turning them down, FIRST get rid of Herr Bloomberg, the dictator of NYC--then come back to VA.
    Utilizing that same logic, maybe everyone in the country should be denied the purchase of firearms until we vote out Comrade Obama.

    This is why we are a nation of LAWS, not of people.

    Somebody step up to the plate and help my brothers and sisters in New York exercise their GOD-GIVEN CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to self-defense, and let those who would attempt to use lies to choke on their own tactics.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #18
    I will admit that the annoucement was a little questionable as to the reference to NY instead of just saying to not sell to anyone out of state. It is my understanding of the law that a even a private sale to someone from out of state must go through a FFL and there is no "gun show loophole" or any other loophole to permit the direct sale to out of state residents. I suspect that there may have been buyers from NY there trying to trap sellers and a reminder to all sellers would have been fine. To specifically say do not sell to NY residents is almost like saying it is OK to sell to other state residents.

    At a recent gun show in SC one dealer was telling me about some fellow from Wisconsin that a few minutes earlier had gotten mad and tried to make a big scene because the dealer refused to sell a handgun to him. He tried to tell the fellow that it was illegal but the fellow claimed he was just being discriminated against and there was no such law. People at a gun show need to be reminded of the law and whether they are from NY or CA if they are out of state you need to be legal on any sale.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    ronwill, the issue between NY and Virginia surrounds the supposed Gun Show "loophole" here. The anti-gun rights/2A movement wants to do away with the private sale of firearms, at Gun Shows in Virginia. NYC Mayor Bloomberg is trying very hard to make a case that, because of these private sales, guns being sold in Virginia are ending up in NY and being used by criminals/gangs. The Virginia Civilian Defense League advocates that this is just another attempt by anti-gun rights/anti-2A groups to infringe on our RKBA. I wholeheartedly agree. If they are successful at removing the right to purchase a gun through a private transaction at a Virginia Gun Show, what will be next? The right to ANY and ALL private gun sales in the State?

    Bloomberg recently travelled to Richmond in an attempt to strongarm our State Legislators into outlawing this 2A right. There is no doubt in my mind that he's sending New Yorkers down to "infiltrate" our Gun Shows in an attempt to purchase "private sale firearms" and further his cause. He needs to stay in NY and tend to his own State's business and leave Virginians alone.

    The organizers/managers of yesterday's Gun Show knew exactly what was being attempted and handled it perfectly to preserve the 2A rights of the Sovereign State of Virginia.
    I understand the emotions behind the decision but we should make decisions on fact not emotion. Emotion is what allows the anti's to say "Look at the school shootings we need to ban guns". This punishes everyone and not the ones committing the offense.

  11. #20
    See Bloomberg….NO GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE Old Virginia News

    A big pat on the back for the Administration of Showmasters Gunshow and the gun owners in Virginia.

    At yesterdays show at the Raceway, two people from New York came into the show. They went to several vendors and at least one private seller, trying to buy a gun. They were turned away each time.

    One private seller went to the show manager and asked if it was legal to sell to them. When he was told no, he returned to the people and said no way. After the man had been turned down by Dark Sun, the woman tried to buy a gun from them.

    By that time the police had been notified and they questioned the couple. Apparently there wasn’t enough to charge them, at least yet.

    I understand a third New York car came in after the episode and left rather quickly.

    Were these Bloombergers or just Carpetbaggers ?….whatever they were, they found out there isn’t a loophole and buying illegal guns is hard in Virginia.

    There was an announcement on the PA about this and and the whole place applauded.

    A big pat on the back for the Administration of Showmasters Gunshow and the gun owners in Virginia.

    At yesterdays show at the Richmond Raceway, two people from New York came into the show. They went to several vendors and at least one private seller, trying to buy a gun. They were turned away each time.

    One private seller went to the show manager and asked if it was legal to sell to them. When he was told no, he returned to the people and said no way. After the man had been turned down by Dark Sun, the woman tried to buy a gun from them.

    By that time the police had been notified and they questioned the couple. Apparently there wasn’t enough to charge them, at least yet.

    I understand a third New York car came in after the episode and left rather quickly.

    Were these Bloombergers or just Carpetbaggers ?….whatever they were, they found out there isn’t a loophole and buying illegal guns is hard in Virginia.

    There was an announcement on the PA about this and and the whole place applauded.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buzz and Bullets: Gun Fans Cheer Starbucks
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. Pentagon gun was from Tenn. police
    By theicemanmpls in forum LEO Encounters
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
  3. Part 2, Can Gun Control Reduce Crime?
    By gdcleanfun in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM
  4. Gun show question...
    By Neal in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
  5. NY Governor Paterson proposes legislation to reduce gun violence
    By Ruger Lady in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast