Is Obama anti-gun or not? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Obama anti-gun or not?

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I considered adding a few more but did not want anyone to think I am biased against him.
    You? No.. Upstanding citizen and patriot... Wait.. Yea that would make you biased.

Anyone who calls herself/himself an upstanding citizen and patriot should be biased against him...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Here is the section from the United Nations Millennium Declaration related to "small arms."

• To take concerted action to end illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons,
    especially by making arms transfers more transparent and supporting regional
    disarmament measures, taking account of all the recommendations of the
    forthcoming United Nations Conference on Illicit Trade in Small Arms and
    Light Weapons.

Here's the UN Resolution it's based on:

Resolution adopted by the General Assembly
    [on the report of the First Committee (A/59/459)]
    59/86. The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all
    its aspects
    The General Assembly,
    Recalling its resolutions 56/24 V of 24 December 2001, 57/72 of 22 November
    2002 and 58/241 of 23 December 2003,
    Emphasizing the importance of early and full implementation of the
    Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small
    Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects, adopted by the United Nations
    Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its
    Aspects,1
    Welcoming the efforts by Member States to submit, on a voluntary basis,
    national reports on their implementation of the Programme of Action,
    Noting with satisfaction regional and subregional efforts being undertaken in
    support of the implementation of the Programme of Action, and commending the
    progress that has already been made in this regard,
    Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General on the implementation of
    resolution 58/241,2
    Welcoming the convening of the Open-ended Working Group to Negotiate an
    International Instrument to Enable States to Identify and Trace, in a Timely and
    Reliable Manner, Illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons, which held its first
    two-week substantive session in New York from 14 to 25 June 2004,
    Welcoming also the broad-based consultations held by the Secretary-General
    with all Member States, interested regional and subregional organizations,
    international agencies and experts in the field on further steps to enhance
    international cooperation in preventing, combating and eradicating illicit brokering
    in small arms and light weapons, and noting the report of the Secretary-General in
    this regard,2
    A/RES/59/86
    1. Decides that the United Nations conference to review progress made in
    the implementation of the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate
    the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects1 shall be held
    in New York for a period of two weeks, from 26 June to 7 July 2006;
    2. Also decides that the preparatory committee for the conference shall hold
    a two-week session in New York from 9 to 20 January 2006, and reiterates that, if
    necessary, a subsequent session of up to two weeks in duration may be held;
    3. Further decides that the second biennial meeting of States, as stipulated in
    the Programme of Action, to consider the national, regional and global implementation
    of the Programme of Action shall be held in New York from 11 to 15 July 2005;
    4. Expresses its appreciation for the efforts undertaken by the Chair of the
    Open-ended Working Group to Negotiate an International Instrument to Enable
    States to Identify and Trace, in a Timely and Reliable Manner, Illicit Small Arms
    and Light Weapons, encourages the continued active participation of delegations in
    the remaining sessions of the Open-ended Working Group, and stresses the
    importance of making every effort to ensure that a positive outcome is achieved by
    the Open-ended Working Group;
    5. Requests the Secretary-General, while seeking the views of States, to
    continue to hold broad-based consultations, within available financial resources,
    with all Member States and interested regional and subregional organizations on
    further steps to enhance international cooperation in preventing, combating and
    eradicating illicit brokering in small arms and light weapons, with a view to
    establishing, after the 2006 review conference and no later than 2007, and after the
    conclusion of the work of the Open-ended Working Group, a group of governmental
    experts, appointed by him on the basis of equitable geographical representation, to
    consider further steps to enhance international cooperation in preventing, combating
    and eradicating illicit brokering in small arms and light weapons, and requests the
    Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its sixtieth session on the
    outcome of his consultations;
    6. Reaffirms the importance of ongoing efforts at the regional and
    subregional levels in support of the implementation of the Programme of Action,
    and invites all Member States that have not yet done so to examine the possibility of
    developing and adopting regional and subregional measures, as appropriate, to
    combat the illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all its aspects;
    7. Continues to encourage all initiatives to mobilize resources and expertise
    to promote the implementation of the Programme of Action and to provide
    assistance to States in its implementation;
    8. Requests the Secretary-General to continue to collate and circulate data
    and information provided by States on a voluntary basis, including national reports,
    on the implementation by those States of the Programme of Action, and encourages
    Member States to submit such reports;
    9. Also requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at
    its sixtieth session on the implementation of the present resolution, including any
    outcome of the work of the Open-ended Working Group;
    10. Decides to include in the provisional agenda of its sixtieth session the
    item entitled “The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all its aspects”.
    66th plenary meeting
    3 December 2004

The key word here is "Illicit." If the UN decides that gun ownership in the US is "Illicit," then there's trouble.
    At the very least, this is a(nother!) slippery slope.

The Founding Fathers would never have bought into a United Nations Governing Authority, nor should we.
    The more stake we have in our own destiny as a country, the better off we are.

Like many other atrocities that the NWO establishment has crammed downed the throats of the American citizens over the last century or so the UN is meant to help destroy our constitution and steer us toward their one world government.. The federal reserve act of 1913 and the progressive income tax are just a couple more. There has been steady chipping away of our rights.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    The key word here is "Illicit." If the UN decides that gun ownership in the US is "Illicit," then there's trouble.
    At the very least, this is a(nother!) slippery slope.
    Show me a liberal left wing democrap or Demonrat (copyright JJFlash enterprises 2009) who voted for Barak that would say "none of them are illicit". "All of them are perfectly legal"...

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    The Founding Fathers would never have bought into a United Nations Governing Authority, nor should we. The more stake we have in our own destiny as a country, the better off we are.
    The UN comes to the aid of countries in which peoples rights are being violated by people with guns who oppress the people by enforcing rules such as "No ownership or possession of firearms" Yet they are willing to ask us to violate ours? Our founding fathers would have laughed their conservative right-of-center asses off..

My 2 pennies out there for public rebuke...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

6. **** the U.N., just don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    **** the U.N., just don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes
    While it doesn't bother me, note the following forum rule:

2. Language - No dirty language. We are trying to create a place where you donít have to worry if your child is sitting next to you while reading. Please keep your language clean. The friendly workarounds on using crude language will not be tolerated also. We are not talking about damn, hell, and other small ones, we are talking about the major ones and you know what they are.

Kick the UN out of this country along with all the progressive/liberals. Their Shangrila is north to Canada--GET Vermin, MYOFB

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

DC on the 19th Yay? Nay?

Peace...
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the trip to D.C. on the 19th. I WILL be watching the news coverage. Maybe I'll see some of my friends there. You'll be easy to spot sporting the USACarry gear!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    While it doesn't bother me, note the following forum rule:

2. Language - No dirty language. We are trying to create a place where you donít have to worry if your child is sitting next to you while reading. Please keep your language clean. The friendly workarounds on using crude language will not be tolerated also. We are not talking about damn, hell, and other small ones, we are talking about the major ones and you know what they are.
    Thank you, ronwill. You are a gentleman!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Thank you, ronwill. You are a gentleman!
    I second that.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast