Sample Letter for Senators Regarding UN Small Arms Treaty of 2012

Thread: Sample Letter for Senators Regarding UN Small Arms Treaty of 2012

1. Exclamation Sample Letter for Senators Regarding UN Small Arms Treaty of 2012

It's a start, can y'all work on this and clean it up, and then share with the group?
    Thanks, TFO

Dear Senator ___:

Thank you for reading my letter. I am writing to you to express my grave concerns about the ongoing work of International organizations such as the United Nations, IANSA (International Action Network on Small Arms), and CASA (Coordinating Action on Small Arms Mechanism), which threaten the Second Amendment Right of Americans to keep and bear arms.
    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has agreed to work with the United Nations on establishing tougher International restrictions on private firearms ownership. According to IANSA’s website, “Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the US will support an Arms Trade Treaty at the UN. In a statement released on 14 October [2009], Secretary Clinton committed the US to ‘actively pursuing a strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standards for the international transfer of conventional weapons.’ The decision brings to an end years of US opposition to the treaty proposal, and has been welcomed by IANSA members around the world.”
    The Founding Fathers of our country believed that Tyranny occurs when the People fear the government, but that Liberty exists when the government fears the People. This is one of the reasons they added the Second Amendment to our Constitution, stating that that right “shall not be infringed.”
    I am concerned that International efforts to control and restrict the legitimate and legal possession and use of small arms in America will be a stepping stone towards more onerous legislation to come.
    In fact, it is likely that the UN Small Arms Treaty, although disguised as a sincere effort to combat “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates”, could eventually lead to the ultimate mandatory registration of legally owned civilian firearms. History shows that this always leads to confiscation of firearms.
    I respectfully request that you make a strong stand in defense of our Constitution and vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s Small Arms Treaty when this eventually comes up for a vote.
    I will close with a quote from the dark past of history on this subject. "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject race to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjects to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." Adolph Hitler, Chancellor of Germany 1933-1945

Very Truly Yours,

Armatissimi E Liberissimi
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

3. This just in from a friend of mine (he gave me his permission to share it):

Here's what I sent to both of our Senators instead of the note about the UN stuff:

Senator Brown, I'm not going to attach the long and lengthy note in circulation about Gun Control, and what's going on with the UN.

I'm retired Military, currently self employed, and work for the County as the Chief CSI for the Coroner's Office.

I have a Concealed Carry Permit as well.

I will get right to the point, then describe a recent incident that occured to me in Mount Vernon Ohio.

I request that you do EVERYTHING in your power to keep our Right(s) to Bear Arms, no exceptions, no limitations, etc.

When you take the guns away from Law abiding citizens, only criminals will have guns. The ONLY way they will get my guns is to pry them from my COLD DEAD FINGERS!

Now a quick story on responsible Gun Ownership:

About two weeks ago I was shooting pool at a local bar, been doing this for at least 6 years every Tuesday night in a league.

I was also on call for the Coroner's Office, so I was armed. About 11:30pm I left the bar and walked to my truck, which was on the far side of the parking lot next to a dumpster. Another team member was parked beside me, and we struck up a conversation. As we were talking, a vehicle pulled up, and two black guys got out, looked at us, then started in our direction. I IMMEDIATELY opened the door to my truck placing it between me and them, and pulled my service weapon, placing it behind my leg. They both saw me do this, and STOPPED about 6-8 feet away. The black guy closest to me smiled, and asked for directions to another bar, then they both left quickly. A few minutes later, two black guys held up a Coffee shop close by at gun point.

I know as I sit here and type this that my quick actions and being armed saved me from a very UNPLEASANT evening/situation. No one got shot, and because I was armed and responsible, and took quick action, the situation was immediately de-escalated to nothing more than a brief conversation.

I will NEVER allow the Government to disarm the citizens of Ohio, and this Country if I have anything in my power to stop this!

Have a great day, and EVERYONE that I know feels EXACTLY the same way that I do!....thanks for you time and consideration.....Cliff

Cliffs High Performance
    20579 Berry Road
    Mount Vernon, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    It's a start, can y'all work on this and clean it up, and then share with the group?
    Thanks, TFO

Dear Senator ___:

Thank you for reading my letter. I am writing to you to express my grave concerns about the ongoing work of International organizations such as the United Nations, IANSA (International Action Network on Small Arms), and CASA (Coordinating Action on Small Arms Mechanism), which threaten the Second Amendment Right of Americans to keep and bear arms.
    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has agreed to work with the United Nations on establishing tougher International restrictions on private firearms ownership. According to IANSA’s website, “Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the US will support an Arms Trade Treaty at the UN. In a statement released on 14 October [2009], Secretary Clinton committed the US to ‘actively pursuing a strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standards for the international transfer of conventional weapons.’ The decision brings to an end years of US opposition to the treaty proposal, and has been welcomed by IANSA members around the world.”
    The Founding Fathers of our country believed that Tyranny occurs when the People fear the government, but that Liberty exists when the government fears the People. This is one of the reasons they added the Second Amendment to our Constitution, stating that that right “shall not be infringed.”
    I am concerned that International efforts to control and restrict the legitimate and legal possession and use of small arms in America will be a stepping stone towards more onerous legislation to come.
    In fact, it is likely that the UN Small Arms Treaty, although disguised as a sincere effort to combat “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates”, could eventually lead to the ultimate mandatory registration of legally owned civilian firearms. History shows that this always leads to confiscation of firearms.
    I respectfully request that you make a strong stand in defense of our Constitution and vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s Small Arms Treaty when this eventually comes up for a vote.
    I will close with a quote from the dark past of history on this subject. "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject race to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjects to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." Adolph Hitler, Chancellor of Germany 1933-1945

Very Truly Yours,

Armatissimi E Liberissimi
    I would add to it some language that goes something like this:
    I and many others feel very strongly about this issue. So strongly that a vote on your part to infringe on my God given rights will result in a vote on my part along with many others, to elect a new senator that has understanding and respect for The Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights along with the will of the people in mind when voting on issues such as this.

Thoughts, comments, and edits welcome...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. Very well put, 6shooter, you crazy paranoid Christian you!

thanks

tfo

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    Very well put, 6shooter, you crazy paranoid Christian you!

thanks

tfo
    Hell Ya...
    The media calls us (gun owners etc...) paranoid. Uhh Well Yea... Look at the jacka$$ in office, he scares me...

Peace...

CYAINDC...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..