Okla. Tea Party Leaders, Lawmakers Eye Militia

Thread: Okla. Tea Party Leaders, Lawmakers Eye Militia

Okla. Tea Party Leaders, Lawmakers Eye Militia

Oklahoma City - Frustrated by recent political setbacks, tea party leaders and some members of the Oklahoma Legislature say they would like to create a volunteer militia.

The militia's purpose would be to defend against what activists see as improper federal infringements on state sovereignty.

Tea party leaders say they've discussed the idea with several lawmakers and hope for legislation next year. State Sen. Randy Brogdon, a Republican candidate for governor, and Republican state Rep. Charles Key say they are open to the idea.

But critics say talk of a militia could encourage anti-government radicals like those who bombed the Oklahoma City federal building in 1995.

Okla. Tea Party Leaders, Lawmakers Eye Militia|NewsChannel 8
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Oklahoma City - Frustrated by recent political setbacks, tea party leaders and some members of the Oklahoma Legislature say they would like to create a volunteer militia.

The militia's purpose would be to defend against what activists see as improper federal infringements on state sovereignty.

Tea party leaders say they've discussed the idea with several lawmakers and hope for legislation next year. State Sen. Randy Brogdon, a Republican candidate for governor, and Republican state Rep. Charles Key say they are open to the idea.

But critics say talk of a militia could encourage anti-government radicals like those who bombed the Oklahoma City federal building in 1995.

Okla. Tea Party Leaders, Lawmakers Eye Militia|NewsChannel 8

What I would be more worried about is that it would encourage government radicals like the Marxists in office now to declare Martial Law but that may be inevitable anyway so go for it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am more concerned that some anti-teaparty anti-millitia types would act like militia members and then start behaving poorly and make the rest of the group look like idiots. Maybe I need to go get my tinfoil hat out of the closet. I dunno.
    -Austin

I say its a step to insure that the "right to bear arms will not be infringed"