Watch the State Run Media Go Crazy Today on the Florida Special Election

Thread: Watch the State Run Media Go Crazy Today on the Florida Special Election

Watch the State Run Media Go Crazy Today on the Florida Special Election

BOCA RATON, Fla. Republican backlash over President Barack Obama's health care overhaul had little effect in the nation's first U.S. House race of 2010.

Florida Democratic state Sen. Ted Deutch handily won Tuesday's special election to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler after his underdog GOP opponent attempted to make the contest a referendum on the massive health care bill.

The truth of the matter is a frightening reality - VOTER APATHY!

Turnout was only 29,000 among the more than 560,000 registered voters in the congressional district, a Democratic stronghold that includes the counties of Broward, Palm Beach and Santa Rosa.

This means that of the 29000 people that voted, the winner was determined by 5800 people.
    So, 531,000 people gave up their right to complain about the outcome and whatever comes of it weather it be another Gun Ban or whatever.

Disappointing to say the least.
    If you don't want a Gun Ban or Micro Stamping or your rights taken away then vote.
    If you don't vote and these thing happen, then sit down and shut up!
    You gave up the right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    boca raton, fla. republican backlash over president barack obama's health care overhaul had little effect in the nation's first u.s. House race of 2010.

Florida democratic state sen. Ted deutch handily won tuesday's special election to replace retiring democratic u.s. Rep. Robert wexler after his underdog gop opponent attempted to make the contest a referendum on the massive health care bill.

The truth of the matter is a frightening reality - voter apathy!

Turnout was only 29,000 among the more than 560,000 registered voters in the congressional district, a democratic stronghold that includes the counties of broward, palm beach and santa rosa.

This means that of the 29000 people that voted, the winner was determined by 5800 people.
    So, 531,000 people gave up their right to complain about the outcome and whatever comes of it weather it be another gun ban or whatever.

Disappointing to say the least.
    If you don't want a gun ban or micro stamping or your rights taken away then vote.
    If you don't vote and these thing happen, then sit down and shut up!
    You gave up the right to complain.
    correct!

4. Can you say Bahhhhhhhh?

If you don't vote, you can't complain, period! God help us if this apathy carries over to November.
    -= Piece Corps =-

The American Sheeple suck...
    Their "I don't give a damn so long as it ain't against me" attitude is similar to the attitude that let Hitler get so far....

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Get out and vote. Encourage your friends, and family to vote. They don't have a ride? Find them one.
    Personaly, I am not voting for anyone. I am voting agaist anyone who is running for their third term or more.
    Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Get out and vote. Encourage your friends, and family to vote. They don't have a ride? Find them one.
    Personaly, I am not voting for anyone. I am voting agaist anyone who is running for their third term or more.
    Enough is enough.
    No problem with that strategy!

Let's see if they get the same results in the upcoming Pennsylvania and Hawaii special elections. If they do then we can start worrying. The Florida district is overwhelmingly Democrat.

JSDinTexas Guest
    It is a considered opinion of WWII historians now that Hitler actually mesmerized the German people through speeches, handouts, and so-called social benefits, and this led to his popularity and eventual rise. After the German people were brought to that level, his changing of laws quite rapidly led to a condition that was irreversable for Germany until war and allied victory stopped it all.

I am not suggesting BO is anything but what he is, however, it is an interesting parallelism.

I am not surprised that people follow BO, but remember that eventually the chickens always come home to roost.