Illicit Firearms Manufacturing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illicit Firearms Manufacturing?

Illicit Firearms Manufacturing?

This is on the White House Home Page and may be worth watching. Just how do they define "illicit" firearms manufacturing and trafficking?

Arms Trafficking. The United States and Mexico each have Integrated Ballistic Identification Systems (IBIS) that store digital photos and arms-related information related to criminal investigations. The United States and Mexico will bridge their IBIS systems in order to share digital images, ballistic markings, other arms-related information to help identify leads in violent crimes both in Mexico and in the United States. The President will also urge the United States Senate to provide its advice and consent in order to ratify the Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials.

–adjective1.not legally permitted or authorized; unlicensed; unlawful.

2.disapproved of or not permitted for moral or ethical reasons.

ronwill >>> are you or any of your friends manufacturing guns without proper permits or other paperwork? This means there are "underground" plants making these weapons! That being all the weapons produced by the companies we all know and love are fine. Idiots all! Amazing! Thanks for the heads up. hmmmm contribute to the NRA and Heritage Foundation???!!! Vote out the incumbents!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    –adjective1.not legally permitted or authorized; unlicensed; unlawful.

2.disapproved of or not permitted for moral or ethical reasons.

ronwill >>> are you or any of your friends manufacturing guns without proper permits or other paperwork? This means there are "underground" plants making these weapons! That being all the weapons produced by the companies we all know and love are fine. Idiots all! Amazing! Thanks for the heads up. hmmmm contribute to the NRA and Heritage Foundation???!!! Vote out the incumbents!
    I know how I define "illicit" but, for some reason, I don't trust how the Obama administration may define it. Simply put, it could lead to another assault weapons ban since these weapons are seen as evil in many peoples eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    This is on the White House Home Page and may be worth watching. Just how do they define "illicit" firearms manufacturing and trafficking?

Arms Trafficking. The United States and Mexico each have Integrated Ballistic Identification Systems (IBIS) that store digital photos and arms-related information related to criminal investigations. The United States and Mexico will bridge their IBIS systems in order to share digital images, ballistic markings, other arms-related information to help identify leads in violent crimes both in Mexico and in the United States. The President will also urge the United States Senate to provide its advice and consent in order to ratify the Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials.
    This is very troubling as it would apply to ANY firearms owner who reloads his/her own ammunition, any firearms owner who alters their weapon(s) in any way, any firearms owner who engages in a private sale/purchase of same! 2A and RKBA is endangered as never before! Halt the Obama Express...I want to get off!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I am sure nothing good will come of this.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That was my point ronwill, hello conservative wife. I got the dictionary definition of illicit and posted it. According to the def there would have to be gun manufacturers out there producing guns that are specifically illegal to manufacture ( adjective1.not legally permitted or authorized; unlicensed; unlawful.)
    As you have all surmised there can be no good to come of this. There Barry O goes again putting the American citizen down as the problem and sees the need for an "Inter-American" coalition with Mexico He is giving up our nukes and he will be after our arms. It is an amazing takeover.

I know my practicallity will be my eventual undoing, but wouldn't closing the border solve the problem?
    Wow, what an easy solution, unless there is another, subtle, secret reason....

I had posted the UN Millennium Proclaimation on another string, and the resolution uses the "illicit" word as well. I find the word "illicit" to be rather emotionally charged and rather subjective, which scares me.

Here is the passage:

Here is the section from the United Nations Millennium Declaration related to "small arms."

• To take concerted action to end illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons,
    especially by making arms transfers more transparent and supporting regional
    disarmament measures, taking account of all the recommendations of the
    forthcoming United Nations Conference on Illicit Trade in Small Arms and
    Light Weapons.

Blaming the United States for violence in Mexico is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I know my practicallity will be my eventual undoing, but wouldn't closing the border solve the problem?
    Wow, what an easy solution, unless there is another, subtle, secret reason....

I had posted the UN Millennium Proclaimation on another string, and the resolution uses the "illicit" word as well. I find the word "illicit" to be rather emotionally charged and rather subjective, which scares me.

Here is the passage:

Here is the section from the United Nations Millennium Declaration related to "small arms."

• To take concerted action to end illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons,
    especially by making arms transfers more transparent and supporting regional
    disarmament measures, taking account of all the recommendations of the
    forthcoming United Nations Conference on Illicit Trade in Small Arms and
    Light Weapons.

Blaming the United States for violence in Mexico is just insane.
    The 2nd def of illicet applies in this case>>>2.disapproved of or not permitted for moral or ethical reasons. Most of you thought our morality comes from someplace else, but just ask Obama and any of the Marxists in office now where morality comes from. Them? you bet! I guess since it comes from the government morality is subjective and not objective. There -fore the subjective definition for illicit fits the purpose for the U.N. and our own caring government!

mojo Guest
    Does this mean I need to license my "sling-shot" manufacturing?

I guess it all boils down to whether one believes in the philosophy of God-given rights.
    The Founding Fathers did.
    I worry that the prevalence of such is not what it used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast