Sarah Palin & The Second Amendment... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin & The Second Amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    OK, I can appreciate the humor here. A light-hearted crack, nothing wrong with that.

This on the other hand is just uncalled for. It really is sick, and serves no purpose than to divert attention from her true personality, values, and convictions. Utterly disgusting.
    What are those values, and convictions? Sarah quit her job as GUV so she could write a book, go on the speaking engagement tour, paying at least $100,000. plus expenses,a highly paid political commentator, and star of at least one TV show. Sarah is now, an entertainer. It is all about the dollar bills. As far as utterly disgusting, I think Sarah at age 46, mother of 5, would make a sexy pole dancer collecting the dollar bills.
    If Sarah gets the nomination, it will guarantee America four more years of Barry and his minions. I for one dread that thought. The GOP had better get it's head out of its arse.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    OK, I can appreciate the humor here. A light-hearted crack, nothing wrong with that.

This on the other hand is just uncalled for. It really is sick, and serves no purpose than to divert attention from her true personality, values, and convictions. Utterly disgusting.

Consider the source and chalk it up to ignorance.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    What are those values, and convictions? Sarah quit her job as GUV so she could write a book, go on the speaking engagement tour, paying at least $100,000. plus expenses,a highly paid political commentator, and star of at least one TV show. Sarah is now, an entertainer. It is all about the dollar bills. As far as utterly disgusting, I think Sarah at age 46, mother of 5, would make a sexy pole dancer collecting the dollar bills.
    If Sarah gets the nomination, it will guarantee America four more years of Barry and his minions. I for one dread that thought. The GOP had better get it's head out of its arse.
    Would not any serious political contender go on the speaking circuit? How else do you get your name and POV across? How else do you raise the money needed for a serious run? It doesn't grow on trees, at least not in my backyard.

And frankly, I'm sick of the "landed gentry" in this country, Repugs and Demonrats alike, who think, because they have been trust-fund blessed with great wealth, that they get to tell the rest of us how to live. The populace is willing to support Sara and her ideas with some cash? Ain't nothin wrong with that in my book...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Would not any serious political contender go on the speaking circuit? How else do you get your name and POV across? How else do you raise the money needed for a serious run? It doesn't grow on trees, at least not in my backyard.

And frankly, I'm sick of the "landed gentry" in this country, Repugs and Demonrats alike, who think, because they have been trust-fund blessed with great wealth, that they get to tell the rest of us how to live. The populace is willing to support Sara and her ideas with some cash? Ain't nothin wrong with that in my book...
    JJ, you are most correct about the kennedy's and bloomberg types. Sarah, while a great entertainer for the conservative crowd, is not a viable candidate for high office.

The money you speak of is not going into a campaign fund account, rather, it is going into Sarah's own personal account.

I highly doubt that Sarah will be willing to spend her newly found wealth in order to "bloomberg" her way into office.

10/08 Who Is Sarah Palin?

By Larry Pratt, Executive Director, Gun Owners of America

The media reacted in stunned disbelief when Sen. John McCain chose Alaska's governor, Sarah Palin, to be his vice-presidential running mate.
    For rather different reasons, so did I.

In the run-up to McCain's announcement of who would be his pick, I had looked somewhat into the background of Sarah Palin. My conclusion was that she was too conservative in general, and too pro-Second Amendment in particular, for John McCain.

So, when the Palin selection was announced by the McCain campaign, I was just as stunned as the media. Mine was a pleasant surprise -- even, "too good to be true," but for the media, the announcement was the beginning of a nightmare.

How dare the Republicans choose an attractive woman who is an accomplished trailblazer with a beautiful family who has left a rather wide swath in her home town and in her home state? And, those pictures of her and one of her daughters in the bloody snow kneeling over the carcass of a caribou she had just downed for future caribou burger! Beyond the pale!

Don't the Republicans know that the only acceptable female candidate must be one who angrily stamps her little foot to insist that there will be zero tolerance of (yuck!) guns?
    For the media, it gets worse. A lot worse.

Shortly after Sarah Palin was elected Mayor of Wasilla in 1996 she found that her police chief was lobbying in the state legislature -- without her authority. He was opposing the now current law that recognizes that Alaskans have a right to carry a concealed firearm without any government permission whatsoever. So Palin fired the chief. He sued her and she beat him in court.

On another occasion, Palin learned that state troopers were not following the law regarding machine gun transfers. Federal law requires that an applicant for owning such a gun must get the signature of the chief law enforcement officer of his jurisdiction (state troopers outside of town in Alaska). The signature only certifies that the applicant will not be violating any state or local laws by owning the gun. Two days after the problem was brought to Palin's attention, the troopers began following the law.

The only question that will have to be answered after the passage of time is, will McCain let Palin be Palin? And will she be able to make the pro-Second Amendment case within the councils of a McCain administration and pull McCain toward the Constitution?

It is a tough question to answer because both Palin and McCain are strong-willed individuals.

Many have questioned whether Palin has the executive experience necessary to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. But it may help to understand that she has made some very difficult decisions as mayor and governor in Alaska.

For example, she was willing to fire a lot more than just an insubordinate cop. She fired the entire Alaska Agricultural Board during a policy dispute and installed a new board so they would "take care of business."

This is the kind of housecleaning that is needed in Washington. Palin has shown that she can fire insubordinate employees. If she makes it to Washington, GOA can get her a list of people who need firing, or where such firings are prohibited by law, we can recommend which bureaucrats need transferring to a new office in northern Alaska.

If the McCain-Palin ticket is elected, McCain will be the boss. But he better keep looking over his shoulder.

10/08 Who Is Sarah Palin?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Sarah Palin Quotes

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

6. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there." –Sarah Palin, attempting to rationalize why it's okay for Limbaugh to use the word "retards" but not Emanuel, FOX News Sunday interview, Feb. 7, 2010

8. "Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins by the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

9. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

10. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes - Top 10 Stupid Palin Quotes - About.com

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

6. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there." –Sarah Palin, attempting to rationalize why it's okay for Limbaugh to use the word "retards" but not Emanuel, FOX News Sunday interview, Feb. 7, 2010

8. "Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins by the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

9. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

10. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes - Top 10 Stupid Palin Quotes - About.com

Still Thread-Crapping Eh?

Notwithstanding that you have yet to provide a single post that is related to Sarah Palin & The Second Amendment "The Subject of This Thread"

How about some in-context quotes to show that you are capable of cognitive thought?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Just 4 u Bohem.

theicemanmpls = off topic rectum reamer

Quote Originally Posted by crstrode View Post
    theicemanmpls = off topic rectum reamer
    I don't know how to take that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast