Army LTC faces courts martial for Failing to follow Obama order - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Army LTC faces courts martial for Failing to follow Obama order

Justice Clarence Thomas: We're 'evading' eligibility...

BORN IN THE USA?
    Justice Clarence Thomas: We're 'evading' eligibility

Does testimony hint at division behind Supreme Court's doors?

Posted: April 17, 2010
    4:13 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    2010 WorldNetDaily

Justice Clarence Thomas

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas told a House subcommittee that when it comes to determining whether a person born outside the 50 states can serve as U.S. president, the high court is "evading" the issue.

The comments came as part of Thomas' testimony before a House appropriations panel discussing an increase in the Supreme Court's budget earlier this week.
    Subcommittee Chairman Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y., actually raised the question first amid a discussion on racial diversity in the judiciary.
    "I'm still waiting for the [court decision] on whether or not a Puerto Rican can run for president of the United States," said Serrano, who was born in the island territory. "That's another issue."
    Yet after Serrano questioned him on whether or not the land's highest court would be well-served by a justice who had never been a judge, Thomas not only answered in the affirmative, but also hinted that Serrano would be better off seeking a seat in the Supreme Court than a chair in the Oval Office.

"I'm glad to hear that you don't think there has to be a judge on the Court," said Serrano, "because I'm not a judge; I've never been a judge."
    "And you don't have to be born in the United States," said Thomas, referring to the Constitution, which requires the president to be a natural-born citizen but has no such clause for a Supreme Court justice, "so you never have to answer that question."

"Oh really?" asked Serrano. "So you haven't answered the one about whether I can serve as president, but you answer this one?"
    "We're evading that one," answered Thomas, referring to questions of presidential eligibility and prompting laughter in the chamber. "We're giving you another option."
    A portion of the exchange, captured on video by C-SPAN, can be seen below:

YouTube - Justice Thomas: We are evading the eligibility issue

Serrano opened the hearing by noting the jersey number 42 taped to the platform in honor of black baseball star Jackie Robinson, who 63 years ago this week broke professional baseball's "color barrier" when he took the field for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Serrano also took a moment to honor the Supreme Court's first Hispanic justice, Sonia Sotomayor:
    "I'd like to note before we begin this hearing that there has been a change at the Court, which has special meaning to the Court, to the American society in general, and to me personally," Serrano said, "because Sonia Sotomayor comes from the South Bronx, from the area that I represent and the area I grew up in and her parents were born in the same island of Puerto Rico that I was born in."

Though the hearing was specifically called to address the Court's request for an increase in funding, the racial themes continued when Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., took Thomas and the Supreme Court in general to task for not employing more minority clerks and staff.

Thomas, in turn, praised the value of having people of diverse backgrounds, career paths and regions of the country serving in the judiciary and on Supreme Court staff.
    Serrano then asked if Supreme Court would do well to have justices that weren't promoted from the appellate courts, but rather came from state courts or even the ranks of elected officials, laying the foundation for the later banter over Serrano as president or justice.

As WND reported, Justice Thomas had previously resurrected a case challenging Barack Obama's eligibility to be president not based on his birthplace, but on whether Obama, a child born to a foreign national and admitting dual citizenship, would still be eligible under the Constitution's Article 2, Section 1 "natural-born citizen" requirement.

New strategy unveiled on answering Obama's eligibility questions. See how you can help.
    Hints of division within the Supreme Court on the issue existed as far back as December 2008, as Justice David H. Souter had initially denied the case a hearing, but Justice Thomas agreed to bring it back for review. The case did not, however, obtain the required approval of four justices to move it forward to a full hearing.
    So far, the Supreme Court has not yet heard any case challenging Obama's eligibility on any grounds.

WND has reported on multiple legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."
    Some of the lawsuits question whether Obama was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Further, others question his citizenship by virtue of his attendance in Indonesian schools during his childhood and question on what passport did he travel to Pakistan three decades ago.
    Adding fuel to the fire is Obama's persistent refusal to release documents that could provide answers and the appointment and payments to one of his eligibility lawyers at a cost confirmed to be at least $1.7 million of numerous lawyers to defend against all requests for his documentation. That's in addition to the work done by U.S. attorneys defending Obama's eligibility, as in this case.
    While his supporters cite an online version of a "Certification of Live Birth" from Hawaii as his birth verification, critics point out such documents actually were issued for children not born in the state.

"Where's The Birth Certificate?" billboard helps light up the night at the Mandalay Bay resort on the Las Vegas Strip.

Is Obama constitutionally eligible to serve?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    You've never been in the military...
    Officers pass out ribbons for not spilling coffee in the morning while jerking off.

When you see an enlisted man with a chest full like that, then you know he's actually done something.

I had a Sergent that won the CMH in Viet Nam, and you would have never known it if you didn't see him in dress uniform.
    Used to LOVE to see all those condescending officers snap to and salute that little bitty medal when he was in dress uniform!

And in case you are wondering, the officer salutes FIRST, and holds the salute until the ENLISTED man salutes back or walks off!

I spent 16 years in, and I never seen anything like that little piece of bronze to make officers jerk in their tracks!

And in 16 years, I only met two officers that I really had any respect for.
    Most are 90 day wonders from privileged families with an over inflated self worth and an ego that wouldn't fit through a barn door.
    I don't know what you are giving big house doc a hard-time about; IF you were ever in the military; you seem to have forgot a number of things or have selective memory...

US CODE: Title 10,CHAPTER 535—GRADE AND RANK OF OFFICERS

Enlisted members in the U.S. Armed Forces salute officers first, until the officer either returns the salute or passes or drives by...

It is a fair statement that SOME Officers have received medals they did not deserve Hanoi John Kerry being a PRIME example...
    Although, in his case he did an end-run around his own C/O whom refused to put the papers through...

In my experience that has been the exception rather then the norm...

I can tell you in 27 years; that I personally never served with an officer that received a medal he did not earn or deserve...

In regards to saluting the wearer of the Congressional Medal of Honor...
    While it is not required by law or military regulation, members of the uniformed services are encouraged to render salutes to recipients of the Medal of Honor as a matter of respect and courtesy regardless of rank or status.

Pilot Receives Medal of Honor for Heroism in Vietnam

By Donna Miles
    American Forces Press Service
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 26, 2007 – President Bush presented the Medal of Honor today to retired Army Lt. Col. Bruce Crandall, 41 years after heroic actions in Vietnam the president said demonstrate the best of America and its military members.
    Bush praised Crandall’s heroism during the Battle of Ia Drang Valley in November 1965, when he repeatedly flew into intensive enemy fire to rescue and resupply besieged 1st Cavalry Division ground troops.

Crandall proved himself “a daring pilot, a devoted soldier and a self-less leader” during the first major ground battle of the war at Landing Zone X-Ray near the Ia Drang River, he said.

The story of the mission is captured in the bestselling book and movie, “We Were Soldiers Once … and Young.”

Early on Nov. 14, 1965, Crandall, then a major commanding A Company, 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), was transporting a battalion of soldiers into Landing Zone X-ray, Bush recounted. After several routine lifts into the area, the ground troops came under a massive attack from the North Vietnamese Army.

During Crandall’s next flight – a flight that left three soldiers on his helicopter killed and three more wounded – he remained at the landing zone in direct line of enemy fire so four wounded troops could be loaded aboard, the president said.

After returning the wounded troops to base for treatment, Crandall knew his mission was finished, Bush said, but couldn’t bring himself to abandon the ground troops who were outnumbered and low on ammunition. Crandall asked for volunteers to fly back to LZ X-ray, and Capt. Ed Freeman stepped forward.

“In their unarmed choppers, they flew through a cloud of smoke and a wave of bullets to deliver desperately needed supplies,” the president said. “They carried out more of the wounded, even though medical evacuation was really not their mission.”

Crandall would have been a hero if he had stopped there, Bush said. “But he didn’t stop,” he said. “He flew back into X-ray again and again--14 times he flew into what they called the ‘Valley of Death.’” He made those flights recognizing the extreme risk to his own life, he said.

Over the course of the day, Crandall flew three different choppers, with two of them damaged so badly they would no longer fly. “But he kept flying until every wounded man had been evacuated and every need of the battalion had been met,” Bush said.

By the day’s end, Crandall and Freeman had spent more than 14 hours in the air, evacuating 70 wounded men and providing a lifeline that allowed the battalion to survive, Bush said.

“To the men of Ia Drang, the image of Major Crandall’s helicopter coming to their rescue is one they will never forget,” Bush said. He noted that one officer who witnessed the actions called them “without question, the most valorous I’ve observed of any helicopter pilot in Vietnam” The battalion commander said that without Crandall, his battalion would have been overrun, Bush said, and another officer said, “I will always be in awe of Major Bruce Crandall.”

Bush noted that while others have praised Crandall, he never thought of himself as a hero. “There was never a consideration we would not go into those landing zones,” Bush said, quoting Crandall. “They were my people down there and they trusted in me to come and get them.”

Crandall’s character and leadership have grown clearer over the years, Bush said. He went on to make more rescue flights, served a second tour in Vietnam, retired from the military and worked in his local government in Washington state.

Perhaps most telling, Bush said, was Crandall’s decision to withdraw his own name from consideration for the Medal of Honor to ensure that Freeman would receive his. Bush presented Freeman the honor in July 2001.

“Today, the story comes to its rightful conclusion” as Crandall finally receives his Medal of Honor, Bush said.

“In men like Bruce Crandall, we really see the best of America,” he said. “He and his fellow soldiers were brave, brave folks. They were as noble and selfless as any who have ever worn our nation’s uniform.”

Bush remembered the comrades who gave their lives and those still missing and said the sadness their families ensured hasn’t diminished with time.

The suffering and grief could have been far worse, he said, had it not been for men like Crandall. “For the soldiers rescued, for the men who came home, for the children they had and the lives they made, America is in debt to Bruce Crandall,” he said. “It is a debt our nation can never really fully repay, but today we recognize it as the best as we’re able, and we bestow upon this good and gallant man the Medal of Honor.”

Several books about the battle recognize Crandall and Freeman’s contributions. Among the most well-known is the bestselling “We Were Soldiers Once … and Young,” cowritten by Lt. Gen. Harold Moore, commanding officer of infantry units in X-ray, and Joseph Galloway, a combat reporter who was in the landing zone during the battle.

A major motion picture based on the book featured actor Greg Kinnear as Crandall.

After receiving the Medal of Honor, Crandall joins 111 other living recipients of the award, 60 of them awarded for actions in Vietnam, according to the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.

The Medal of Honor, the highest U.S. military decoration, is awarded "for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life, above and beyond the call of duty, in actual combat against an armed enemy force." Since it was first awarded during the Civil War, the medal has been awarded 3,461 times.

The Medal of Honor was last presented to the family of 22-year-old Marine Cpl. Jason L. Dunham, who died using his body to shield fellow Marines in Iraq from a hand grenade April 15, 2004. President Bush awarded Dunham’s Medal of Honor posthumously during a Jan. 11 ceremony at the White House.

Defense.gov News Article: Pilot Receives Medal of Honor for Heroism in Vietnam

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I am really getting tired of this extreme Conservative horse poop. I am not even going to ask why Barry is now a traitor. I am simply going to put "those people" on ignore. I said it once, and I will say it again. WE THE PEOPLE legally elected a Harvard educated, lawyer, Chicago politician to the highest office.

If the LTC really believes that Barry is foreign born, and is willing to risk his military career, as well as his medical license I think he needs to be relived of duty, and sent in for a mental heath examination. Perhaps the LTC, feel asleep listening to Rush, or Glen. Maybe a nice vacation, medication, and a full body massage with a happy ending will turn this man around. I wish him the best.
    Have you ever been deployed, on the ground in a combat theater, on patrol, with a rifle, humping gear, commo, ammo, through the streets of unfriendly territory ? Just curious.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Exclamation great question...

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    Have you ever been deployed, on the ground in a combat theater, on patrol, with a rifle, humping gear, commo, ammo, through the streets of unfriendly territory ? Just curious.
    Great question...I personally think the icemanmpls is trying to get us to wake up and smell his point of veiw. Problem is his point of view stinks. I think every member of the armed forces active duty, reserves, retired etc. should be allowed to access the eligibility evidence of the CIC. The guy has the power to end the world with a single spoken sentance of coded mesage. He should be accountable to the least of us who take the oath to keep the constitution safe.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I see the troll theicemanmpls is still spreading his garbage.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I Have

I have and I agree 100% with theicemanmpls. The POTUS' power to destroy the world is a gross embellishment I would also take issue with. If you ever worked for NORAD or been in Cheyenne Mountain AFS, you would know the hoops it takes jumping through to launch nuclear weapons is mind boggling and your statement to that effect is really absurd, Festus.

The day superiors are accountable to subordinate's whims is the day all military discipline will cease to exist.

I do acknowledge the saluting protocol as first presented was bass-ackwards.

WTP Obama Citizenship Challenge - National Press Club, DC Dec. 8 2008

What Did The First U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Have To Say On The Subject?

John Jay letter to George Washington, 25 July 1787

New-York, 25th July, 1787.

Dear Sir,

Permit me to hint whether it would not be wise and seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of foreigners into the administration of our national government; and to declare expressly that the command in chief of the American army shall not be given to, nor devolve on any but a natural born citizen.

I remain, dear sir,

Your faithful friend and servant,

John Jay.

Author:
    John Jay
    Source:
    The Life John Jay With Selections from His Correspondence and Miscellaneous Papers. by His Son, William Jay in Two Volumes. Vol. II., 1833.

John Jay (December 12, 1745 May 17,1829) was an American politician, statesman, revolutionary, diplomat, a Founding Father of the United States, President of the Continental Congress from 1778 to 1779 and, from 1789 to 1795, the first Chief Justice of the United States. During and after the American Revolution, he was a minister (ambassador) to Spain and France, helping to fashion American foreign policy and to secure favorable peace terms from the British (the Jay Treaty) and French. He co-wrote the Federalist Papers with Alexander Hamilton and James Madison.

Ropa, please tell me you ain't one of them right wing religious fanaticals are you? To answer your question, no, I was not in the infantry. I preferred to be at sea, near the united states, sleep in a clean rack,and eat good food. May I ask, what is my military experience have to do with an officer, who went funny in the head, and F'd up his military career making a stupid political statement? Ropa, get a clue, if this birthin thing had any credibility at all, Billary, then every republican in office would be all over it. Face it, this is a non issue.
    CAN WE PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Ropa, please tell me you ain't one of them right wing religious fanaticals are you? To answer your question, no, I was not in the infantry. I preferred to be at sea, near the united states, sleep in a clean rack,and eat good food. May I ask, what is my military experience have to do with an officer, who went funny in the head, and F'd up his military career making a stupid political statement? Ropa, get a clue, if this birthin thing had any credibility at all, Billary, then every republican in office would be all over it. Face it, this is a non issue.
    CAN WE PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC?
    YouTube - Obama EXPOSED! Michelle Admits His Home Country Is Kenya!

By the way, I don't think any of us here are fanatics or extremists... Timothy McVeigh was a fanatic and an extremist. You call us extremists and fanatics because we don't agree with your point of view.

Right or wrong, I like this guy. He's standing up for what he believes in, something more people should be doing every day. Anybody who finds fault with that has some issues...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast