Army LTC faces courts martial for Failing to follow Obama order
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Army LTC faces courts martial for Failing to follow Obama order

Exclamation Army LTC faces courts martial for Failing to follow Obama order

Army Doc Questions Obama's Citizenship, Won't Deploy
    FOXNews.com - Army Doc Questions Obama's Citizenship, Won't Deploy
    Associated Press

An Army doctor is under investigation after questioning on YouTube whether President Obama is U.S.-born -- then disobeying orders to report for duty in Afghanistan.

WASHINGTON -- An Army doctor is under investigation after questioning on YouTube whether President Barack Obama is U.S.-born -- then disobeying orders to report for duty in Afghanistan.

Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin failed to report to Fort Campbell, Ky., on Monday, showing up instead at his old job in a clinic in the Pentagon, Lt. Col. Christopher Garver, an Army spokesman, said Wednesday. Lakin was reassigned immediately to Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington while the investigation is under way.

Though officials in Hawaii verify that Obama was born there, so-called birthers claim he was born outside the United States and is ineligible to be president. Lakin says he wants to see the birth certificate as proof Obama is his commander in chief and thus that the deployment order for Afghanistan is legal.

Lakin is under investigation for his failure to report for deployment and for conduct unbecoming an officer.

A Greeley, Colo., native, Lakin said in a video posted on YouTube that he was an 18-year Army veteran "choosing to disobey" orders he says are illegal, including an order to deploy to Afghanistan for a second tour. He said he was doing so at "great peril" to his career and future and "inviting my own court-martial."

A court-martial is only one of the punishment options, and among the handful of other known birthers in the military, some have merely received administrative reprimands.

On Monday, Lakin showed up for his job as a flight surgeon at the Pentagon clinic that is attached to a Walter Reed medical brigade, Garver said. His commander, Col. Gordon Roberts, summoned him to Walter Reed and told him he was being reassigned.

Hawaii Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino issued statements last year and in October 2008 saying that she's seen vital records that prove Obama is a natural-born U.S. citizen. But the state said last month it was still getting between 10 and 20 e-mails seeking verification of Obama's birth each week, most from outside Hawaii.

A few of the requesters continue to pepper the state Health Department with the same letters seeking the same information, even after they're told state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. Responding wastes time and money, officials have said.

Both Fukino and the state registrar of vital statistics have verified that the Health Department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

This guy is the army chief of staff's flight surgeon for his air crews. He is a very well connected officer. He is the eighth military officer to follow this path. THIS OUGHT TO BE SETTING OFF ALARM BELLS IN YOUR HEADS RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation Army to court martial 'birther' officer

Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:10 PM by Mark Murray
    Filed Under: Security
    From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Mark Murray
    Army to court martial 'birther' officer - First Read - msnbc.com
    U.S. military officials tell NBC News that the U.S. Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Obama to be "illegal."

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president and commander-in-chief, because he believes (incorrectly) that Obama wasn't born in the United States.

Lakin refused this week to report to Fort Campbell, KY for deployment to Afghanistan, but instead showed up at the Pentagon, where he was confronted by his brigade Commander Col. Gordon Roberts, a Vietnam Medal of Honor recipient.

Lakin was informed by Roberts that he would face court martial, and his Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I don't hear any alarm bells. Someone does not want to deploy overseas again. He is not following orders, and will be disciplined.

When in the Military one follows orders without question.

"We follow orders son. We follow orders or people die."

Festus, you ever serve in the Armed Forces of The United States? Remember the oath?

A Lt. Col is starting to get fairly high on the food chain. The fact that he's willing to jeopardize his career this way says something about the man and the issue, to me. At a minimum, he stands up for what he believes and his action lends credibility to the birth issue.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Iceman

I remember the oath I took. It involved defending the Constitution. I also remember in my Military Law classes about illegal orders. These men, rightly or wrongly, see their order giver as unconstitutional and thus illegal. It might not be the path I would personally follow but I believe that their choice has more of moral drive than cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post
    Iceman

I remember the oath I took. It involved defending the Constitution. I also remember in my Military Law classes about illegal orders. These men, rightly or wrongly, see their order giver as unconstitutional and thus illegal. It might not be the path I would personally follow but I believe that their choice has more of moral drive than cowardice.
    Well Said!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post
    Iceman

A Doctor LTC, is a physician with supervisory authority over other doctors. I personally think this individual has tired of going overseas and pulling bullets out of 18 year old American boy's and girls.
    The birther thing is just an excuse. Cowardice, I believe is not an issue. This LTC, probably has a contract with the Guv-ment, and wants out of it.

Anyone remember another Army Doctor in Texas, who went funny in the head?

When is this birth certificate BS going to go away?

Wait 3 years, then vote this SOB out of office. In the mean time, bitching is not going to solve anything.

Either The Constitution Matters Or It Does Not...

WHO STARTED THE WHOLE THING?

LIFETIME DEMOCRATS!

Notwithstanding...

Once again...

We can debate until the cows come home on the validity of scanned images on web sites...

There is no debate that in any court of law and or legal proceeding such images, facsimiles etc., are not admissible...

The question of eligibility was raised at the same time for John McCain & Barack Obama...

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid DEMANDED immediate Congressional Hearings to determine John McCain's eligibility...

The Hearings were held, and John McCain on camera & as part of the Congressional Record, stated here is everything you asked for; if you want or need anything else "Just Ask"...

Congress concluded John McCain was eligible and their justification & all the facts & evidence are a matter of public record...

Barack Obama lawyer'd up & Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid are on camera & record as stating as long as they are in power (Speaker of the House & Senate Majority Leader) no such hearings will be held to determine Barack Obama's eligibility...

The ONLY Presidential Candidate that was not vetted by every States Secretary of State (Whose Job It Is, Before It Gets To Congress Or A Vote For That Matter) this last time around was Barack Obama...
    Their unanimous official statement for all to see is "We Received A Letter From Nancy Pelosi, stating Barack Obama is eligible to be President"...

This letter was sent at the same time Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent a similar letter stating a DEAD PERSON was a valid Elector!

Additionally, according to the Federal Election Commission Barack Obama has spent over a million dollars of his campaign contributions in legal fees SINCE he took the oath of office to prevent any cases from actually getting in front of a Judge or Court and thus having Prima facie Evidence with a verifiable chain of custody entered on the record for all to see...

IF HE IS NOT HIDING HIS ELIGIBILITY, HE IS HIDING SOMETHING CRIMINAL & The Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) & the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), David Axlerod and the DNC are in collusion...
    Wholly supported by the biased & or censored media whom has blinders on...

U.S.C. TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 § 1001.
    (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, WHOEVER, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
    (1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by ANY trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
    (2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
    (3) makes or USES any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry; shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
    (b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a party to a judicial proceeding, or that party's counsel, for statements, representations, writings or documents submitted by such party or counsel to a judge or magistrate in that proceeding.
    (c) With respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the legislative branch, subsection (a) shall apply only to—
    (1) administrative matters, including a claim for payment, a matter related to the procurement of property or services, personnel or employment practices, or support services, or a document required by law, rule, or regulation to be submitted to the Congress or any office or officer within the legislative branch; or
    (2) any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee, subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

There is an easter bunny, and a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    There is an easter bunny, and a Santa Claus.

Still Getting your talking points from the Daily Kos, and Move On I see...
    And incapable of intelligible debate...

“To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.” - Amos Bronson Alcott

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast