Why Won't an Army LtCol Follow Orders?

View Poll Results: Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin failed to process for deployment at Ft. Campbell because:

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • His judgement is clouded with "birther" obsession

1 3.57%
  • He wants to avoid another deployment

3 10.71%
  • He is a true blue American patriot standing up for what he believes in

24 85.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Won't an Army LtCol Follow Orders?

Why Won't an Army LtCol Follow Orders?

This poll references another very controversial thread posted by Festus:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...ama-order.html

If you're interested and for the sake of brevity and clarity, I want to see if there's any real consensus on the bottom line here. Basically what we have is an Army officer refusing deploy ostensibly because the POTUS cannot legally order him to do so based on being ineligible for the office by lack of natural born citizenship.

Submit your votes!

Because he is not a robot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Because, despite evidence to the contrary, this guy will forever believe that Obama isn't eligible to be president.

The evidence being that the state of Hawaii has confirmed, many times, that the guy was born on US soil and has a Hawaiian birth certificate.

The question I would ask is does the Secretary Of Defense have the right to order him to the assignment? I would guess yes since no one seems to question citizenship there. Since Afghanistan was already a hot area before Obama took office it would be hard to argue against going under the birther issue, especially since people like McCain, G.W. Bush, and many others (including SCOTUS) seem to believe Obama was born in Hawaii. By the way Congress authorizes the fight also.

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    Because, despite evidence to the contrary, this guy will forever believe that Obama isn't eligible to be president.

The evidence being that the state of Hawaii has confirmed, many times, that the guy was born on US soil and has a Hawaiian birth certificate.
    And of course we all know that no government agencies state, federal, or local would every lie to us.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Why can't he just be trying to do the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    Why can't he just be trying to do the right thing?
    Nobody questions if he is trying to "do the right thing," at least in his own mind.

The question is: What is he trying to do? Or what is his motivation?

Everyone's individual, personal opinion of course. Three choices. Go ahead and pick one or offer another option if you can think of one.

What I am saying is what if doing the right thing is his motivation? Does there really have to be an ulterior motive here? Can he not be a guy with great morals who realized that the way he sees things, what he was told to do was not right. Based on his beliefs and the oath he took, he's doing what he thinks needs to be done. Why does it have to be more than that?

I dont' have a military background, but from what I have witnessed, military training strives to produce well-rounded, skilled people of strong will and beliefs, who stand up for what they think is right, regardless of the outcome. Is that not what is happening now? Why question someone for doing what he thought needed to be done?
    Last edited by Ga9mm; 04-19-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: .

What I am saying is what if doing the right thing is his motivation? Does there really have to be an ulterior motive here? Can he not be a guy with great morals who realized that the way he sees things, what he was told to do was not right. Based on his beliefs and the oath he took, he's doing what he thinks needs to be done. Why does it have to be more than that?
    It doesn't. And if he was a Pfc it wouldn't, and we wouldn't be talking about it here now. But the fact that an 18yr veteran field grade officer is doing this raises some eyebrows.

I dont' have a military background, but from what I have witnessed, military training strives to produce well-rounded, skilled people of strong will and beliefs, who stand up for what they think is right, regardless of the outcome. Is that not what is happening now? Why question someone for doing what he thought needed to be done?
    military training creates individuals who will carry out orders without question.
    Orders are followed or people die. It is that simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast