Should Government Regulate What Americans Eat? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should government regulate what Americans eat?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It may reduce blood pressure & heart disease -- and, maybe, health insurance costs.

3 3.23%
  • No. What's next? No desserts or fried foods? Stop regulating my life!

88 94.62%
  • Not sure. It might make us healthier, will it make us happier?

2 2.15%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Government Regulate What Americans Eat?

Sure a great idea.. I'll ask them what else they can help me with..

NO.. I have the God given ability to think on my own. Despite the amount of credible evidence to refute this fact, some Americans do have the innate ability to think and act for themselves..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Do we use your perception of "morbidly obese" or mine?
    Are you suggesting morbidly obese people do not exist, or just taking issue with the clinical definition, as defined by the World Health Organization:

BMI ≥ 35 or 40 is severe obesity
    BMI of ≥ 35 or 40–44.9 or 49.9 is morbid obesity
    BMI of ≥ 45 or 50 is super obese

(BMI = Body Mass Index)

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Despite the amount of credible evidence to refute this fact, some Americans do have the innate ability to think and act for themselves.
    Oh that's an irrefutable fact, no doubt. Problem seems to be growing numbers irrefutably demonstrating they do not have the capacity to think and act for themselves in a positive, responsible manner.

We may also lump into this category people running food companies heavily dosing their products with salt, MSG, sugar and Gawd knows what else to keep the aforementioned people consuming the stuff. No different than drug dealers in this respect. Same goes for most restaraunts, especially the fast food joints.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Are you suggesting morbidly obese people do not exist, or just taking issue with the clinical definition, as defined by the World Health Organization:

(BMI = Body Mass Index)
    I take issue with anybody trying to define what is right for me or mine.

W T F O ? What's next, how many children you can have. Helllloooooo MAO

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Oh that's an irrefutable fact, no doubt. Problem seems to be growing numbers irrefutably demonstrating they do not have the capacity to think and act for themselves in a positive, responsible manner.

We may also lump into this category people running food companies heavily dosing their products with salt, MSG sugar and Gawd knows what else to keep these people consuming the stuff. No different than drug dealers in this respect.
    And the end result for poor decision making could be early or untimely death. Yea well...

Drug dealers? The people who visit drug dealers know what it is they are looking for and do so of their own accord.

They have labels on the food containers (thanks to government) so let people read them and begin to make decisions on their own. We do NOT need more regulation or decision making for the American People. What's needed? American people making good decisions for themselves. The ones who fail to decide positively or with their own best interests in mind will ultimately pay the price.

I love America and all her children, but I will not be made to pay the price by giving up any of my freedom for the dumb ones.

I recall a post on Yahoo some time after the death of Cory Haim in which the poster all but advocated immediately passing a law regulating doctors and prescription drugs.. I loved that thought process.. No not really.. Blame everyone else for the bad and forget to look in the mirror and see the bad in you.

Sorry not buying it. I would rather eat smoked bacon cheese burgers with free patriots than regulated
    fat-free low-sodium veggie burgers with sheep..

Just so we understand this is not to flame you. I get emotional when it comes to things like this. So we shall coexist and peacefully disagree. Agree?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

If they can regulate salt. What is to stop them using the same logic to put a big fat tax on Ammunition?
    You all had better wake up before we are suddenly paying $100.00 for a box of ammo.
    What ever happened to limited government?

Please Big brother, please protect us from ourselves.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

why don't they tell what TP to use, how many times I can go before I flush, who I can talk to, what I can say, what religion I can believe in, that I have to quarter soldiers, .............................get my point
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

(BMI = Body Mass Index)
    No, but I say BMI does not account for muscle mass. they want everyone skinny, weak and unable to fight back if they can get our guns.
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast