Should Government Regulate What Americans Eat? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Should government regulate what Americans eat?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It may reduce blood pressure & heart disease -- and, maybe, health insurance costs.

3 3.23%
  • No. What's next? No desserts or fried foods? Stop regulating my life!

88 94.62%
  • Not sure. It might make us healthier, will it make us happier?

2 2.15%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Should Government Regulate What Americans Eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    read what one of the voices of your government had to say in the Sentencing of the shoe bomber. Sounds good to me:

CNN.com - Reid: 'I am at war with your country' - Jan. 31, 2003

Despite your shrill cries to the contrary, some people in govt. do get it. Some outside of govt. don't. There's two sides to every story. The real truth usually rests somewhere in between.
    Some being the key word. Not All...

And lately the "Some" are also the minority...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    And your fear is unfounded. They (gubmint) do not and will not have any direct involvement or control over what you eat. Simply non-sequitir. You can and always will be able to eat whatever you want.

Where do you get the idea the government is trying to control what you eat? Oh nevermind, I see it now. It is the typical FUD title of this thread, which the true believers in anti-government anything quickly follow along in lock step. The government is not trying to regulate what you eat. They are trying to regulate the sodium used in processed food. You can eat whatever you want. The food companies are the ones really trying to fool you and control you into eating their garbage, getting you hooked on it with loads of salt, sugar, and MSG, etc.

Hey, whatever turns your crank, dude.
    INCREMENTALISM!!!Where/when does it stop. Alot of people think the gov't needs to look after the people because the people are stupid. I can read labels and make informed decisions. That's all I need, the government to make sure what is on the label is in the package. This is no conspiracy idology at work on my part. I always knew GM stood for government motors.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    INCREMENTALISM!!!Where/when does it stop. Alot of people think the gov't needs to look after the people because the people are stupid. I can read labels and make informed decisions. That's all I need, the government to make sure what is on the label is in the package. This is no conspiracy idology at work on my part. I always knew GM stood for government motors.
    +1, CapGun. Let the individual decide for themselves how they wish to live their own lives. If their decisions turn out to be bad for them, well guess it could be said that it's just a way "to weed out the dumb ones".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456