The undermining of our Christian heritage..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The undermining of our Christian heritage.....

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I expect that someone will object to this post and try to challenge my faith because that is what the misled and misinformed do when they know that God is not able to be challenged.
    Of course they will, those that live in fear of the truth will always challenge that truth. The more they challenge, the more opportunity we have to witness. Always welcome their challenge. Remember, every time that you witness you are blessed, and every time that you witness and you are mocked, you are blessed even more. Never fear the MOCKER, for "God sits on His throne in Heaven and laughs, the Lord scoffs at them. He will speak to them in His anger and terrify them in His fury". I say bring it on, I need all the blessing I can get.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Of course they will, those that live in fear of the truth will always challenge that truth. The more they challenge, the more opportunity we have to witness. Always welcome their challenge. Remember, every time that you witness you are blessed, and every time that you witness and you are mocked, you are blessed even more. Never fear the MOCKER, for "God sits on His throne in Heaven and laughs, the Lord scoffs at them. He will speak to them in His anger and terrify them in His fury". I say bring it on, I need all the blessing I can get.
    Jesus said -- "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matthew 5:11 and 12
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

4. Ringo and Conservative wife and mom... you guys are awesome. I love being in the company of Gods People.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Ringo and Conservative wife and mom... you guys are awesome. I love being in the company of Gods People.
    Thanks, kn. You're pretty awesome yourself!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Red face May I interject?

As a non-Christian, please allow me to toss my .02 into the ring: If someone doesn't want to hear the good reverend speak, then he or she should not attend the speech!

It really boggles the mind that there is so much crap flying around over an old fellow who has spent most of his life doing good, charitable works just because he condemns acts of terror and violence. Were others to attempt to block the invitation of an Imam to the service, all h%$$ would break loose.

While I am not a Christian (I'm Buddhist, if it makes a difference), I really appreciate my Christian brothers and sisters for all of the good that they bring to the world. While the Christian church has not always been a positive influence in our world (Inquisition, anyone?), I think that, when viewed overall, Christians have done far more good than evil. I say this setting aside the whole issue of whether or not their belief system is true. Modern Christians are good, valuable members of our secular society.

The difference that I see with the Christian church versus religions like Islam is that, while both groups welcome converts, Christians do not (now) convert at the "point of the sword". I believe that Muslims still believe that to be a valid strategy.

In fact, some of the people that I respect most get the least respect of all groups out there. I really, really appreciate Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon missionaries for all of the work that they do. While I do not agree with their teachings (yes, I have read the JW bible, and I REALLY ENJOYED the book of Mormon as a story), I am grateful that, for nothing other than care for my soul, they put so much time, effort, and money into trying to reach me for love's sake.

Now, were the Christian church to devolve into the church of old, I would have a different opinion. But how can we hate people who love us for love's sake?

I say "Keep up the good works, Christians."
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

7. Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    As a non-Christian, please allow me to toss my .02 into the ring: If someone doesn't want to hear the good reverend speak, then he or she should not attend the speech!

It really boggles the mind that there is so much crap flying around over an old fellow who has spent most of his life doing good, charitable works just because he condemns acts of terror and violence. Were others to attempt to block the invitation of an Imam to the service, all h%$$ would break loose.

While I am not a Christian (I'm Buddhist, if it makes a difference), I really appreciate my Christian brothers and sisters for all of the good that they bring to the world. While the Christian church has not always been a positive influence in our world (Inquisition, anyone?), I think that, when viewed overall, Christians have done far more good than evil. I say this setting aside the whole issue of whether or not their belief system is true. Modern Christians are good, valuable members of our secular society.

The difference that I see with the Christian church versus religions like Islam is that, while both groups welcome converts, Christians do not (now) convert at the "point of the sword". I believe that Muslims still believe that to be a valid strategy.

In fact, some of the people that I respect most get the least respect of all groups out there. I really, really appreciate Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon missionaries for all of the work that they do. While I do not agree with their teachings (yes, I have read the JW bible, and I REALLY ENJOYED the book of Mormon as a story), I am grateful that, for nothing other than care for my soul, they put so much time, effort, and money into trying to reach me for love's sake.

Now, were the Christian church to devolve into the church of old, I would have a different opinion. But how can we hate people who love us for love's sake?

I say "Keep up the good works, Christians."
    Boomboy... you are a gentleman and a scholar! That is meant to be a sincere complement as there are very few of us left.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

8. I would like to hear the reverend speak. Boomboy, could you please tell us a little bit about the Budhist faith?
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

I would like to hear the reverend speak. Boomboy, could you please tell us a little bit about the Budhist faith?
    I'm with kn, Boomboy. I've never known a Buddhist before and would love to hear what it's all about. Won't try to convert you or compare our faiths...I promise. Just interested!

hmm... well sense we have a few different opinions I figure I'll throw in mine as well...

Although I do not believe that we should be backing down from any other groups threats (the muslims in this case), just because of who we decide to let speak (some christian guy, or a cartoon, or whatever).

I do think we should have a separation between the church(es) and our govt. In my opinion this means that our govt should not invite or sponsor (or be influenced by) anyone from any religious background to speak to the masses. If a religious cleric/prophet/other representative wants to speak, then they should do so in a forum that has nothing to do with the military or govt, and it should not be on the military or gov'ts dime.

I do not think it is in the best interests of the people to be governed by someone that believes that there is an invisible deity in the sky. In history many of the religions have been proved wrong and/or have been accepted as fictitious. (some proven wrong by science, somewhere told they were wrong or they would die). If you want to believe in a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, then good for you. But, don’t try and have your belief govern the people of a country, or get upset when it doesn’t. Its time we grew out of this constant argument of who's make believe friend is better (ie Muslim vs Christian, etc).

Here's my 2 cents right from the Good Book. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospal of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also the Greek.My Christian bros and sisters will understand.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast